An SJ tribute holiday?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: An SJ tribute holiday?

Postby degreenfreak » May 15th, 2009, 8:40 am

granmastern wrote:This is cutething with the mod team behind her.

ROFL

Anyway, yes they were awesome people and an awesome team, but making a day to remember them seems really pointless.

The people who really do care WILL remember them anyway regardless and the people who would (or currently) have yet to find out about them will go "who?" and sit there confused.
degreenfreak

Postby Charlie » May 15th, 2009, 9:03 am

Cummerbund wrote:I think any kind of commemoration other than a donation is utterly pointless.

I think a donation is the best possible way to support Smack Jeeves. Go for it. However, I fail to see how it commemorates mods of the past, present or future. Before you call a thread, holiday or comic pointless, do you even understand what the point of commemorating something or someone actually is? It isn't to make a concrete contribution, its just about remembering. Anything that helps people to remember is commemorative, and silently giving $10 to the site doesn't really do that.

I'm not saying don't donate, I think everyone who uses the site regularly should. I'm just saying don't use flawed logic while I'm still in earshot.

Oh, and for the record, I don't mind if I'm commemorated or not. Whatever gives you pleasure.
Charlie: Tempering strongly held views with humour and icecream since 1988.
Charlie

Postby tezzle » May 15th, 2009, 11:32 am

Yeah, something along those lines...but with a HAMMER! WOO!
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby avian-reader » May 15th, 2009, 2:03 pm

I'm actually not regretting posting this anymore, just because of the hilarious replies it's gotten.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby cutething » May 15th, 2009, 3:12 pm

An uncanny resemblance. I have that same outfit in my closet, too.

Regarding a holiday of any sort, I'm rather indifferent at this juncture. As others have pointed out, we aren't disappearing into the void, we just aren't managing this community anymore. If it means that much to you, seek us out whenever we establish ourselves elsewhere.

Appreciation of CURRENT forum mods and admins is always nice and important, since those people are doing the work, but setting this up sounds more like you want the old days back, and let's be really clear on this: NO ONE liked those days. We as mods and admins were doing our best under the circumstances, but anyone who cared to read the ugly details knows those circumstances were not ideal. Endeavoring to idolize those days as something better or good is ridiculous. It also has the potential to be a slap in the face to anyone who comes later.

Much in the same way it was obnoxious when people complained about how our team sucked compared to Doktaluv. Let us fade away, and don't fight the new face of SJ. One of the things we fought long and hard for were new forums, and now you've got them. Do us the honor of appreciating the improvements and attention of Admin, since our last act was to sacrifice ourselves for that.
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
cutething

Postby youngcannibals » May 17th, 2009, 5:06 am

cutething wrote:

So you look like a character drawn by Milo Manara? Very interesting...
youngcannibals

Postby cutething » May 17th, 2009, 1:28 pm

youngcannibals wrote:
cutething wrote:

So you look like a character drawn by Milo Manara? Very interesting...

This surprises you? I simply don't post many pictures of myself on internet forums. I would think the reasons for that would be obvious.
This will never end 'cause I want more. More, give me more, give me more.
cutething

Previous

Return to General Discussion