What was the first comic you made?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

What was the first comic you made?

Postby Mundius » December 19th, 2016, 9:45 pm

Because this thread is confusing. Share your terrible art to the world.
Image < An abuse of the popularity and abundance of Boy Love comics, surreal
Mundius

Re: What was the first comic you made?

Postby Master_72 » December 19th, 2016, 11:15 pm

I already did there but I wanna take this moment and say omg Mundius you're not dead how are you dude
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby UrbanMysticDee » December 19th, 2016, 11:26 pm

Let me begin by saying, yes, that title was horribly confusing. Several times I've clicked on it only to be disappointed by the bait and switch, and I'm technically a genius.

As to the question, I can't say what the first first was, so I'll just go through a list of firsts.

First that I remember: Grouse House (1997)
It was about a guy who rents out rooms to a talking dog and a grouse who always vomits on him. It's still funny.

First that I put any effort into: O.O.O (1997-2010)
Mostly about three guys living in Brooklyn. By the time I stopped there were over 50 recurring characters and at least 5 parallel story arcs.
Episode 818 (of 834), January 2010, from the submission packet:
Spoiler! :

First that I put on the Internet: Deep Under Cover (2005)
What I call "True Tales of the Unrefined". My real life misadventures with people or situations that piss me off. Horrible garbage. Had a dedicated following. I'm glad the server's been taken down.

First that I put on the Internet that's still on the Internet: The L (2008-2013)
Freud + Hamlet + Parsifal + Revelation. Did about 77 pages out of probably 600.
Last edited by UrbanMysticDee on December 21st, 2016, 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby FUTURE10S » December 19th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Master_72 wrote:I already did there but I wanna take this moment and say omg Mundius you're not dead how are you dude

Moving over to this account. I'm still gonna be checking Mundius, just not often (like I ever checked). [sarcasm] I know it's amazing, I'm not dead! [/sarcasm] I was actually active on IRC, moving over to Discord and so on. Either way I live.

Years ago, I made a webcomic called Kirby x2. Still up, actually. It was a sprite comic featuring alternate universes and Kirby and Sonic and that. If the writing wasn't so god awful, I'd be glad to remake it, adding in better lighting and such.

While I love making terrible joke comics because they're funny, and actually putting in a lot more effort than they deserve, if I actually cared enough, I could make Kirby x2 be done in a style like this:

There's an error in that image that I hope nobody's going to notice, but I mean, it's a far step up compared to this monstrosity (and this is cherry picked):

Image - nuclear throne shootposters club sandwich
FUTURE10S

Postby Chris chris » December 20th, 2016, 10:27 pm

I'd have to say it was a story of how my character Chris chris came to be. (Gimme a break, I was like... 13.) Her original design has short hair, brown monkey tail and she looks like something from Breath of Fire. it was mostly a series of bloopers and character interactions.
Spoiler! :

A more serious comic I did but didn't fully upload to the internet was a alternate universe to an original story I'd made.
Spoiler! :

Yep. Other than those I did like one shot comics that had lyrics to some of my favorite songs.
Chris chris

Postby JoKeR » December 21st, 2016, 3:14 pm

I did draw my first comic with 7 or 8 ...it was just silly comic-strips with no real story or pun.
No, I can't find them ...they must be lost or my parents did store them somewhere. :lol:
JoKeR

Postby Chris chris » December 21st, 2016, 8:30 pm

JoKeR wrote:I did draw my first comic with 7 or 8 ...it was just silly comic-strips with no real story or pun.
No, I can't find them ...they must be lost or my parents did store them somewhere. :lol:

Sounds like you might be a victim of... the art hoarder parent. My mom will steal sketches out of the trash or if I just leave them laying out and hide them away in photo boxes and stuff. XD wouldn't surprise me if she has a few saved somewhere.
Chris chris

Postby Aunuroerai » December 28th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Mine was made in MS paint at the age of 11...
Need i say anymore?
I might possibly maybe relatively perhaps be addicted to sleeping, breathing and eating
Aunuroerai

Postby Armaturkey » December 30th, 2016, 12:31 pm

My first comic page was actually a cover I made after creating my Shadowjacked characters. It featured him and a bunch of my friends at the time in an over the top pose with random explosions in the back ground....it wasn't pretty HAH. That was like...20+ years ago XD.
Armaturkey

Postby Threeboy » January 4th, 2017, 8:54 pm

A rip off of a joke from a calvin and hobbes strip basically but with an epic fight scene in it.
Thanks,
Threeboy

Threeboy

Postby meur123 » January 4th, 2017, 9:31 pm

as a child i made some shitty sonic comic here that for better or for worse is no longer available. for better or for worse i decided to come back to smackjeeves again as an adult also to make more shitty comics featuring sonic characters
meur123

Postby Fukairi » January 6th, 2017, 2:07 pm

my first comic ever was a collab with a friend we made on a freaking checkered notebook that was about our WORMS(the game) OC's and one of the characters was a ninja-headband worm with a robotic arm like I am not even kidding. The plotlines ranged everywhere from cloning to rape and it's better for the world that those notebooks don't exist anymore.

I do however have one OC from the comic saved in my DA scraps. She was, if I remember correctly a vampire/animorph/witch/fairy. Because you know, why make many characters when you can have everything in one

Fukairi

Postby 0fTheWind » January 7th, 2017, 12:57 pm

I'm still on my first comic, actually ^^' but I've written stories before.

TECHNICALLY I had an idea for a comic when I was younger but it was so dumb XD
0fTheWind

Postby cloverthegreat » January 7th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Fukairi wrote:my first comic ever was a collab with a friend we made on a freaking checkered notebook that was about our WORMS(the game) OC's and one of the characters was a ninja-headband worm with a robotic arm like I am not even kidding. The plotlines ranged everywhere from cloning to rape and it's better for the world that those notebooks don't exist anymore.

I do however have one OC from the comic saved in my DA scraps. She was, if I remember correctly a vampire/animorph/witch/fairy. Because you know, why make many characters when you can have everything in one

My first comic was a collab at a sleepover. It was really silly and dumb, but I think I still have it.
cloverthegreat

Postby Fukairi » January 7th, 2017, 4:33 pm

cloverthegreat wrote:
Fukairi wrote:my first comic ever was a collab with a friend we made on a freaking checkered notebook that was about our WORMS(the game) OC's and one of the characters was a ninja-headband worm with a robotic arm like I am not even kidding. The plotlines ranged everywhere from cloning to rape and it's better for the world that those notebooks don't exist anymore.

My first comic was a collab at a sleepover. It was really silly and dumb, but I think I still have it.

Me & the friend who I drew all my early collabs with still have most of ours too. Whenever one comes over we pull out them to cringe-torture the other (we've been friends for a long time so we each have cringy weeb phase birthday cards etc from each other). But I still think it's good the worms thing doesn't exist, I cry when I even think of it. It was just, no. I had this fixation when I was thirteen to make all my female character go through some grotesque sexual trauma and like totally attention whore the collabs, like whenever someone tried to make a scene about something else I always turned it into a woe is me scene for my female character....It was so, so bad.
Fukairi

Next

Return to General Discussion