is this your first comic?

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

is this your first comic?

Postby MK_Wizard » September 24th, 2017, 7:17 am

Just a curious question.

Is the comic you are sharing now your first true comic or did you have other ideas?

Me, it really is my first.
ImageImage
MK_Wizard

Re: is this your first comic?

Postby mitchellbravo » September 24th, 2017, 11:11 am

Yes and no. It's not the first comic I ever made, nor the first comic I worked on for more than like a few weeks before giving up on it. But it is the first comic I ever put up online, and is also the first comic I created with the intention of putting it online.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Campion » September 24th, 2017, 11:30 am

Aside from a few one page one-offs as tests and general practice, the comic in my signature is my first and only one so far.
Campion

Postby UrbanMysticDee » September 24th, 2017, 12:02 pm

No, not even close. But I'm pretty sure The L is the oldest comic that I put on the Internet that's still on the Internet (2008). But that's still 11 years after I really started drawing comics in earnest.
Image Image
Image Image
UrbanMysticDee

Postby Scarlet Salamander » September 24th, 2017, 2:58 pm

Interdimensional Litwaks is the first comic I've ever put up online, and the first comic I've ever continued for more than a few pages!
Scarlet Salamander

Postby JoKeR » September 24th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Nope ...my first comic was about a guy doing finny things ...Hey, I was 6.
But the real first comic with a start and an end was Zodiakk (yes two k to not get confused with other things) it was a printed comic but very dilettantish.
I can't find any examples on the net any more. :lol:

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby cloverthegreat » September 24th, 2017, 4:35 pm

I've done some other short things, but this is the first big one. I just want it to work out this time.
cloverthegreat

Postby Seven Rain » September 24th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Another negative over here. Although WOE is my first comic drawn in Flash.

Before WOE there was Black Jack, a sprite comic that can still be found on my SJ profile, and some unreleased comic done in MS Paint that was too terrible to speak of.
Spoiler! :
I might have talked about it before if you're adventurous enough to go find other threads about old webcomics. I think it was called Doods or something, but searching for it will return mostly ApaFox posts and Disgaea discussion, hahaha.

I also spent a lot of my tween years making various silly sprite comics and stuff but those were always just for personal fun and not something I intended to share on the internet. I've had a love for sprites long before my sprite comic phase. I still remember waaay back in the day before I knew sprite comics were even a thing I would download singular sprites with transparency from various sites to decorate my desktop with as little animated item/icons in Windows XP. Even further back then that; I remember sitting at my desk and recreating Link's Awakening sprites with a gameboy, magnifying glass, and MS Paint, before I knew you could just find sprites and spritesheets on the internet.

I'm getting a tad off-topic now, but it's hard not to ramble about sprites when I've played around with them for so long before starting WOE, haha. I'm just Memberberrying the good ol' days of adventuring around the internet for sprites and video game music.
Seven Rain

Postby darkenergy » September 24th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Definitely the first one I thought about as a story and not simply as "imaginary versions of my friends and me act like idiots" or "hee hee biology jokes."

That said, it's gone through a lot of fine tuning in the past decade, so I think it's coming together better than the first time I tried writing a novel.
darkenergy

Postby shades guy » September 25th, 2017, 11:16 pm

This'll be my first "real and proper" comic, honestly it's really intimidating starting something like that but it's much more rewarding
shades guy

Postby Tukk&Rol » October 19th, 2017, 2:27 pm

This is the first I have shared with people. I did one in middle school about Funky Monkey, a stick figure monkey with a green mohawk who would set my homework on fire...So hey progress since then right?
Tukk&Rol

Postby Squirreltastic-Blue » October 19th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Like everyone else in this thread, the comic I am currently showcasing is not my first, and it's not even the first I intended to share online.
If you do wanna see the work of a nine year old squirrel then prepare yourself for razzle-dazzle.
Squirreltastic-Blue

Postby Valigarmander » October 20th, 2017, 9:10 am

I had a godawful sprite comic on Smack Jeeves a decade ago, and I've sketched a few one-off strips, but the one I'm working on currently is my first real, regularly-updated comic.
Valigarmander

Postby StanleyComics » October 20th, 2017, 12:23 pm

No, I've had other comics, but this is the first one I've gotten more than three pages out with art that I find acceptable xD
StanleyComics

Postby xinxe » October 20th, 2017, 10:31 pm

It's not my first comic I actually drew many traditional short ones and some pages of others digitally, but it is the first digital one I actually wanna post online :)
xinxe

Next

Return to General Discussion