Scrooge Apology Thread for SS09

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Scrooge Apology Thread for SS09

Postby Imi » December 26th, 2009, 12:17 pm

I’ve got to say, I’m really pleased with how comparatively few scrooges there were this year, considering the large amount of participants we had.

However, some people were unlucky, and listed below are the scrooges. I’d like to put up who they were partnered with but I don’t have the full partner list Dx Hopefully Pyro can give me a heads up on who else needs to be added. This thread is for the scrooges to apologise to their partners for why they signed up for an event and then purposefully chose not to take part even in the smallest degree. Bratchan is a brilliant example of someone who found she couldn’t draw, due to an illness, so she instead bought her partner a subscription on deviant art. It shows that if you really care you can at least do something for a person to make up for it.

Scrooges
audi-eyne recipient: zaceron
azora.
cresent night recipient: kotor
Cresent Night sent me a PM on the 24th to tell me he wouldn’t be making a gift due to ‘problems’. However, since a gift hadn’t even been started and he left it until the final day to tell me this would be the case, he still can’t be excused. As we said, last minute excuses will not be tolerated.
fat kid recipient: Kohaku Inui
Fat Kid made a gift, but it was plainly obvious that no effort whatsoever had been put into it, and it was delivered quit close to the deadline. Gifts that have been scribbled out are not gifts at all and just submitting something doesn’t excuse you from being a scrooge. Even people who admitted art was not their strong point clearly put effort into their gifts, so even drawing ability is nothing to hide behind.
kingkirbyby recipient: Manta_Birostris
Mr. X
Rascal pigeonhound
Russia
Sega-tendo-com2.0
SonicBoom01 recipient: ninjies
Is only here temporarily. He was hit with strep-throat and sent Pyroman a very apologetic PM and promised that his gift would be done within a week of Christmas, and that he would put lots into making it to make up for the lateness. So he is not a permanent scrooge, just unfortunate, and hopefully he will deliver on his promise.

Spacezombie

Helper PMs will be sent out soon.
If you signed up for to be a helper but don’t get a PM asking for your assistance, do not fret or feel ostracised or something. I’ll be picking those who delivered early and made an effort in their original gifts first and foremost. If anyone now wants to drop out of being a helper BEFORE I send out the PMs, please tell me, and if anyone wants to offer their services, too, let me know, by PM preferably so it doesn’t get lost in thread replies.

Thanks again to those of you who did take part, boo to those who scrooged someone out of a Christmas present. And hopefully I’ll see you all again next year!

NOTE: Guys, this is not a thread for you to flame, insult, harass or otherwise bully those who were scrooges. This is still a community forum and that kind of response will not be tolerated. It is for those who did not make a gift to try and make amends, not for those who feel left out to hurl insults.
Imi

Re: Scrooge Apology Thread for SS09

Postby xkrazydog » December 26th, 2009, 1:19 pm

Wow, Imi D= Such a hard worker. I'll draw something for you for your hardwork ;3
xkrazydog

Postby Imi » December 26th, 2009, 1:24 pm

xkrazydog wrote:Wow, Imi D= Such a hard worker. I'll draw something for you for your hardwork ;3

Haha, I appreciate the thought, but there's no need! I've had a lot of fun doing this 8D
Imi

Postby kotor » December 26th, 2009, 1:29 pm

It being The Season and all, I would like to publicly forgive Crescent Night for scrooging me. While he shouldn't have signed up for something without being able to follow through, I understand that Christmas can be a busy time of year.
kotor

Postby Gibson Twist » December 26th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Imi wrote:I’ve got to say, I’m really pleased with how comparatively few scrooges there were this year, considering the large amount of participants we had.

I'm pretty impressed by that too. I was sure you'd be dealing with a couple dozen, especially considering how many of the participants were relatively new or inactive site members. Way to step up, folks!

Imi wrote:this is not a thread for you to flame, insult, harass or otherwise bully those who were scrooges

Aw, Imi, but I really wanted to! Pleeeeease? You're really pretty, I'll do your dishes for a month!
Gibson Twist

Postby Imi » December 26th, 2009, 2:59 pm

Gibson Twist wrote:
Imi wrote:this is not a thread for you to flame, insult, harass or otherwise bully those who were scrooges

Aw, Imi, but I really wanted to! Pleeeeease? You're really pretty, I'll do your dishes for a month!

Nice try, Gib, but no fun for you this time, I'm afraid (even if some minor scorching would have been on my agenda, too). Gotta keep it clean and friendly for the kiddies, you know!
Imi

Postby Guest » December 26th, 2009, 3:36 pm

Imi wrote:NOTE: Guys, this is not a thread for you to flame, insult, harass or otherwise bully those who were scrooges. This is still a community forum and that kind of response will not be tolerated. It is for those who did not make a gift to try and make amends, not for those who feel left out to hurl insults.

I remember I was going to do that but Cutething stopped me, and you better do what Cutething tells you. :o

I drew a really sad pic of my character crying because she didn't get a gift from my secret santa but I never learned who was my secret santa last year so I never sent it. I guess I should delete that picture now.

Postby ninjies » December 26th, 2009, 4:16 pm

SonicBoom01 recipient: ninjies
Is only here temporarily. He was hit with strep-throat and sent Pyroman a very apologetic PM and promised that his gift would be done within a week of Christmas, and that he would put lots into making it to make up for the lateness. So he is not a permanent scrooge, just unfortunate, and hopefully he will deliver on his promise.

dear sonicboom1,

please don't rush my gift, take plenty of time to get better! i understand completely!
ninjies

Postby Pyroman » December 26th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Full list of scrooges and partners:

Audi-eyne
    Recipient: Zaceron

Azora.
    Recipient: ? (I don't have Azora's name on my list, so I'm not sure what happened here... D: )

Cresent night
    Recipient: Kotor

Fat kid
    Recipient: Kohaku Inui

Kingkirbyby
    Recipient: Manta_Birostris

Mr. X
    Recipient: Litra

Rascal Pigeonhound
    Recipient: Czar Squid

Russia
    Recipient: PhoenixRenaissance

Sega-tendo-com2.0
    Recipient: E26

SonicBoom01
    Recipient: Ninjies

Spacezombie
    Recipient: Pomum
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Afrohawkman » December 26th, 2009, 10:40 pm

Wow, only 11? That's not too bad, though certainly a shame. Maybe one year we can get a whole list without scrooges. That'd be pretty sweet.

Let's hear those apologies guys! >:|
Afrohawkman

Postby PhoenixRenaissance » December 27th, 2009, 10:06 am

I'm really glad that we had so few scrooges this year but kinda depressed to hear that my SS was one of them. So sad, but I'll accept an apology.
PhoenixRenaissance

Postby JCM » December 27th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Wow, it's been over 24 hours and there hasn't been a single apology. I understand if you guys don't want to look your partner in the face and own up to what you did, but this thread was created for a reason and I just don't see how you could consciously just scroll past it.
JCM

Postby SuperBiasedMan » December 27th, 2009, 1:21 pm

JCM wrote:Wow, it's been over 24 hours and there hasn't been a single apology. I understand if you guys don't want to look your partner in the face and own up to what you did, but this thread was created for a reason and I just don't see how you could consciously just scroll past it.

Um, some of these guys probably haven't been on the website yet (which could be part of the reason why they couldn't finish) you don't need to jump to conclusions so early. Not everyone visits here every day.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Kohaku Inui » December 27th, 2009, 1:52 pm

I was honestly expecting there to be more scrooges....Lolz! :lol:
Kohaku Inui

Postby Manta_Birostris » December 29th, 2009, 10:54 pm

It was an unpleasant text message to receive while I was away this last week. Hopefully they'll come around to post an apology~ I'm ready to forgive if/when they ask to be forgiven!
Manta_Birostris

Next

Return to General Discussion