your day in webcomics

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: your day in webcomics

Postby pushingthehabit » June 24th, 2014, 12:08 am

I decided to put off my main comic so I can finally do the Hamlet adaptation I've been craving. My goal is roughly 3-4 pages a week, so a low stress comic really, hope it all goes well!
Oh hey look a signature.
pushingthehabit

Postby Kiyomi Nakamura » June 24th, 2014, 12:49 am

Got some background lore ironed out, but I'm actually trying to AVOID drawing right now. I need to get to sleep before 3am at least a couple times a week XD and dishes and stuff is starting to pile up. I got 2 pages done and the cover repainted I think that's enough productivity for the week.
Kiyomi Nakamura

Postby cloverthegreat » June 24th, 2014, 4:18 am

I'm glad I started watching Chopped because it's really helped me understand that completing a task is more important than completing it perfectly. I still need to learn to work faster, but a lot of that is staying on task.
cloverthegreat

Postby benjibear » June 24th, 2014, 4:57 am

cloverthegreat wrote:I'm glad I started watching Chopped because it's really helped me understand that completing a task is more important than completing it perfectly. I still need to learn to work faster, but a lot of that is staying on task.

I have to remind myself of this everyday. I post super sloppy mistake ridden pages but nobody else can see it with the amount of scrutiny I do.
benjibear

Postby thexeternal » June 24th, 2014, 12:59 pm

cloverthegreat wrote:I'm glad I started watching Chopped because it's really helped me understand that completing a task is more important than completing it perfectly. I still need to learn to work faster, but a lot of that is staying on task.

Ah man Chopped. I am a FN junkie and have seen every episode like fifty million times. It's a good reminder to also make sure that if you have a time constraint, you don't bite off more than you can chew. Quality over quantity!

That being said, I think I can pull off two pages this week! I wanted to last week but only got partway through the lines of the second page. That turned out to be a great head start for this week! Woohoo! Maybe I'll get done and be able to just draw for once haha.
thexeternal

Postby Randumbz » June 24th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Today I decided that I should start making comics again. I started a short 4 page comic and hopefully I'll be done with it next week. It's not anything amazing, but I'm still kind of excited about uploading something on here for the first time in years.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby neko-axe » June 25th, 2014, 8:49 am

I've been thumbnailing for the first chapter and I finally got past a part I was stuck at. It's not pretty, but I can work with it and that's all that matters right now.
neko-axe

Postby Randumbz » June 25th, 2014, 6:24 pm

I finished a page of my comic yesterday and two more pages today. Only one more left.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby Seven Rain » June 26th, 2014, 12:17 am

Whew, another Crisis page done. Special effects overload, hot damn. Had to make the latest page a high-quality .jpeg instead of a .png just to get it under the file size limit.
That's four days of Crisis pages though, including today's update. Feels good man.
Seven Rain

Postby benjibear » June 26th, 2014, 12:40 am

I've been posting my new daily for a little over a week now. and i'm so proud of myself for once. and my comics are making a big buzz on tumblr too! a couple o big comics blogs reblogged my stuff and they're blowing up. I made like 200 followers in the past couple of days and counting. also one of my comics was featured in the comics tag finally. its really cool.

and the one blog that reblogged my stuff was the SPX blog which is very cool because its been giving me lots of followers who are also cartoonists and I'm going to table there this september. so people might recognize my stuff from the internet!!! i'm really stoked. probably gonna stay working til late to get stuff done. trying to release two books for the convention.

i've been feeling increasingly lonely though. all my hard work is paying off with nobody to share it with.
benjibear

Postby ApaFox » June 26th, 2014, 12:47 am

I'll prally get this latest page out by Saturday. In the meantime, I've been drawin' out the next page on and off so I can get a jump on coloring and paneling.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Randumbz » June 26th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Finally done. It's uploading time!

edit: All of the pages have been uploaded.
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

Postby ApaFox » June 27th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Geh, I may have to push that update back a day or so. Hung out with the family today so I didn't really get a chance to work on the page.

Nice to see the clan and have some chow, but it's a bummer I wont be able to update when I wanted to. Especially since I haven't updated in two weeks already.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby xX-DragonFairy-Xx » June 29th, 2014, 12:58 am

Ahhh I hit 50 fans today! *super awesome big happy face*

like, I could fill a classroom with fans! squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesohappyicouldexplode
xX-DragonFairy-Xx

Postby Seven Rain » June 29th, 2014, 8:23 am

Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion