your day in webcomics

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: your day in webcomics

Postby Lutztoons » February 25th, 2019, 10:02 am

eishiya wrote:
Lutztoons wrote:Looks good! Be careful with tangents though, the radio bubble's tail is almost tangent with its edge and looks strange. The original was much better in this regard.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll fix it.
Lutztoons

Postby Captain Ghost » February 26th, 2019, 1:56 am

my scanner seems to have bit the dust so i guess that made my decision easier--
i had been contemplating continuing strictly digital but wasn't sure because i can ink on paper for longer without aching than i can digitally, aheh;; (injuries suck, take care of your body)
but I guess technology half decided for me hah.

(Now i have to cross my fingers and hope the computer doesnt die too though, as it's been having issues of its own. technology in general of late just. really doesnt like me 8C boo)
Captain Ghost

Postby TheFunTrain » February 27th, 2019, 11:35 am

We decided to try an experiment recently. The best, most fun-to-make comics my co-creator and I ever drew were in our free moments on a cafeteria table in high school. We have since improved as artists, but for the purposes of comedy sketch comics, those old works are still a high water mark. I suggested we meet in a public place and try drawing again in 2019. His mind and mine springboard off one another and form a creative force greater than the sum of its parts. Instead of feeling like I am drawing a polished, cinematic product to sell to strangers, I am telling a funny fictional story for my friend. I may not have drawn a great volume of panels, but I busted through writer's block and had fun doing so. Although it may have been a cold rainy day at a depressingly empty mall food court, it reminded me of why we are still doing this 10+ years on.

Proofreading this post also made me realize how much I have devolved as a writer of sentences
TheFunTrain

Postby Valigarmander » March 1st, 2019, 6:50 pm

"Hey, I've been pretty productive today! Maybe I'll be able to finish this strip ahead of schedule."

*proceeds to spend an hour and a half looking for a good hairstyle reference for an extra that appears in one panel*
Valigarmander

Postby mitchellbravo » March 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm

Valigarmander wrote:"Hey, I've been pretty productive today! Maybe I'll be able to finish this strip ahead of schedule."

*proceeds to spend an hour and a half looking for a good hairstyle reference for an extra that appears in one panel*

pro post and signature combination
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby mitchellbravo » March 10th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Really been enjoying working on comic stuff lately.

The 10 year anniversary of first putting Loud Era online is Tuesday, so I've been going through the archive to select my top 10 favorite scenes to share in posts below the next ten comic updates.

It's been nice, because it's been forcing me to focus on the positive parts of the comic, and old pages I thought were shit actually aren't as bad as I remember. I also reviewed the chapters I'd taken out of the archive and it reaffirmed my choice to do that- the earliest pages were just absolutely bizarre in terms of subject matter and artistic decisions, and the first "solid footing" chapter was great practice but also a good choice for eliminating.

I can appreciate how I was able to meld traditional color and digital editing on certain pages, which was often too time-consuming and unfun (and leaves you feeling like you're scanning in an unfinished page, which I never liked) to keep up much longer than I did, but I kind of like the effect it had in some scenes and may start to use it again (sparingly) soon since I feel like I'm stalling on traditional art growth at this time.

2009 seems like it was a long time ago, but 2013 doesn't. I keep thinking I just did the camping chapter but that was 6 years and almost 100 pages ago.
mitchellbravo

Postby RowanBlaez » March 13th, 2019, 12:03 am

Today, I awoke to a soft sunlight glow through my window, coupled with the sound of a cat in heat and my boyfriend's morning farts.
"What a perfect time to upload a webcomic," I thought.
I posted my most recent page, and sat down to work on the chapter 2 cover page.
However, I was only able to spend about an hour on it. At this point, our bi-weekly D&D session was about to begin. In light of felled Orcs, eternal imaginary glory and cheap pizza, the cover page would have to wait.
I died.
After eight hours of epic nerding, I've finally sat down with a cup of butter coffee (don't knock it till you try it), and photoshop on half my screen with some barely passable horror movie on the other half.
Even though I'm tired and would like to go to bed, I'm all too aware that tomorrow brings adulting. And so I stay awake. Sleep is for the weak.
RowanBlaez

Postby pixlyJolt » March 19th, 2019, 12:54 am

Me: Hey birthday's coming up
Also Me: Upload something about your birthday
Me: ...
Me: *uploads page of asking when your birthday is
Also Me: Smooth...
pixlyJolt

Postby maelstrom51210 » March 19th, 2019, 9:43 am

This last chapter I've been drawing has been really long. Fortunately, I've been able to make good progress on it despite that. The next chapter is going to be super short.
maelstrom51210

Postby mitchellbravo » March 19th, 2019, 6:54 pm

After cruising through the last scene, the next one is hard to thumbnail. I guess because it's mostly montage with some string of dialogue overlaid and I'm not sure how much "live action" and how much "photo montage" I want to go.
mitchellbravo

Postby kayotics » March 23rd, 2019, 9:05 am

It's been a hot second since I posted on here, but I'm actually really excited that I finished up chapter three and can start work on chapter 4... I just gotta write out that script first.
kayotics

Postby C-K-H-Comics » March 23rd, 2019, 9:48 am

Tying my best to close out the chapter. It'll be my first ever chapter I'll complete in the series. Ah, the comic has made it far but who cares really. Only I do. :P
C-K-H-Comics

Postby eishiya » March 23rd, 2019, 10:01 am

kayotics wrote:It's been a hot second since I posted on here, but I'm actually really excited that I finished up chapter three and can start work on chapter 4... I just gotta write out that script first.

C-K-H-Comics wrote:Tying my best to close out the chapter. It'll be my first ever chapter I'll complete in the series. Ah, the comic has made it far but who cares really. Only I do. :P

Congrats both of you (well, soon, in C-K-H's case)! Every finished chapter it worth celebrating :F

I haven't been posting in this thread again, but I got to draw some (clothed) booties in my comic recently and that was fun :D
eishiya

Postby GnomeExterminator99 » March 23rd, 2019, 10:47 pm

Had a burst of energy today because I want to get out a double update so badly, wound up inking like 20 panels
GnomeExterminator99

Postby teathirty » March 24th, 2019, 9:28 pm

i uhhh updated cause i watched lord of war and cannot for the life of me ever do one thing at once.. so watching and drawing it was.
teathirty

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion