your day in webcomics

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: your day in webcomics

Postby Night Moon Comic » March 24th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Well I just update my webcomic page early. Oh well.
Night Moon Comic

Postby Migeru-Sensei » March 25th, 2019, 1:16 pm

I converted this week's chapter into vertical strip format.
Last edited by eishiya on March 25th, 2019, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic here. You can use your signature for that.
Migeru-Sensei

Postby Oly-RRR » March 27th, 2019, 3:35 pm

I have three pages ready for colouring (which is slightly more than I had before things went south), and some more thumbnailed, and another script ready. I still can't settle into a decent working schedule and things aren't quite okay but I'm working on stuff, and I get help (that I'm grateful for!) so I'm mildly hopeful. Still don't know when I'll start actually posting again though.

Also ugh buffers! They have to be a thing but I'm really not used to having or making them.
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby mitchellbravo » March 27th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:I have three pages ready for colouring (which is slightly more than I had before things went south), and some more thumbnailed, and another script ready. I still can't settle into a decent working schedule and things aren't quite okay but I'm working on stuff, and I get help (that I'm grateful for!) so I'm mildly hopeful. Still don't know when I'll start actually posting again though.

Also ugh buffers! They have to be a thing but I'm really not used to having or making them.

*starts making a disturbing grunting noise*

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby teathirty » March 31st, 2019, 10:46 pm

i saw "US" and reminded myself that Jordan Peele worked hard for decades to get where he's at as a storyteller. He has storytelling refined down to an art form, like I really like how he balances story plot with character. And if I wanna get on that level, I have to work hard too (so I pumped out another page while watching conspiracy theory videos because I will never focus on one thing at once).
teathirty

Postby eishiya » April 1st, 2019, 9:56 pm

Pencilled four pages today :D They're all simple pages though, so work-wise it was more like 2.5.
I'd love to get three of them inked so I can have a bonus update this week, but I've got a bunch of other work due soon so I should probably use this lighter comic workload to get ahead on that instead ;_;
eishiya

Postby jellyfishin » April 9th, 2019, 9:36 pm

I've had a constant itch the past few weeks to get around to inking pages, but I couldn't scratch it due to dealing with the headache that is tax season. Finally super glad to get it out of the way and actually do some inking now.
jellyfishin

Postby mitchellbravo » April 10th, 2019, 3:47 pm

It's interesting when I look in my stats and see that I have readers actually follow my links in my author comments to previous storylines, then read on from that storyline, or go to the archive and hop from chapter to chapter. It seems like people are able to get enjoyment from my story, even when not read in direct sequential order from the beginning. I've always been more of an episodic writer with some larger arcs spanning across smaller stories, so this really pleases me, even if I didn't release the story deliberately as separate "episodes."

I also really wish the people who archive-binge would leave comments more often, but hey, somebody's reading, so I'll take it.
mitchellbravo

Postby Oly-RRR » April 10th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Over the halfway point with inking, OMG, I might actually be done with the buffer eventually! :o It probably sounds weird but after not updating for so long even though I'm working on the comic again actually updating feels like it's so indefinitely away that it might not even happen. It will happen though!

I'm also surprised people keep adding my comic to favourites, I mean it feels good but my profile screams "this person is a mess, don't expect updates soon". :oops:

mitchellbravo wrote:It seems like people are able to get enjoyment from my story, even when not read in direct sequential order from the beginning.

I think what you're doing with those older scenes is a really good idea for comics with long archives - and it motivates people who perhaps didn't read from the beginning (I dunno if people read like that but someone might). :D

I keep meaning to re-binge the entire comic at some point but I would have to avoid comment section since I'm already all over it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oly-RRR

Postby Oly-RRR » April 13th, 2019, 8:16 pm

So I just finished inking the first ...thing I'll post and that leaves adventurous but scary activities like colouring and thumbnailing the next thing before I can post this thing. 8-) Oh, and maybe updating the cover. I should feel like I actually did something but it's been a bad day non-comic-wise, maybe it'll kick in tomorrow.
Oly-RRR

Postby eishiya » April 13th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Saturdays aren't comic days for me, but because I was too distracted to do anything else, I inked a page. It did not turn out good |D My body was not ready.
eishiya

Postby JoKeR » April 15th, 2019, 6:16 pm

"thumbnailing" two pages simultaneously because they share a flow.
Interesting feeling.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby eishiya » April 15th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Aimed to pencil three pages today, managed four while watching a bunch of speedruns :'D Good day~

I hope I can keep up doing more thumbnails every week, having a thumbnail buffer makes it a lot easier to get more work done.
eishiya

Postby mitchellbravo » April 19th, 2019, 7:57 am

When we moved into our apartment, we brought my husband's scanner/copier/printer. One thing that drives me crazy is when I scan in my drawings, the color is off, particularly with warm tones. So on my physical page, people look okay, but once it's scanned, caucasian skin tones skew very yellow or very pink, brown skin tones turn a muted red, actual reds appear more purple, actual yellows are coming in like a burnt orangey color, and overall it just looks like ass. I try adjusting the colors once I'm in my editing program but it's like if I get one thing looking better, the rest look shitty, and it's a pain to have to go through the page touching up every little thing that now looks out of place. Very frustrating.

edit: Fortunately it's currently a perfectly bright cloudy day, so I just took pictures of the pages with my phone and am going to try to go from there. Hopefully it will look a bit more true to life.

edit edit: Gladly, the colors come through much better by the phone. It's not as large an original image as when I scan (I don't think), the light wasn't even over the entire picture so I had to lighten parts, and there's some sharpening the phone does automatically that makes editing/resizing a little more of a procedure, but I'll take something that takes 2 minutes to fix over something that takes 20-30 minutes.
mitchellbravo

Postby Oly-RRR » April 23rd, 2019, 8:58 pm

I still have most of the first thing to colour but I thumbnailed the next thing so yeah!! :D PS. Mitchell, I have a feeling you'll like that one (months later). :lol:

mitchellbravo wrote:and overall it just looks like ass

I think we already pondered on how to fix it but I keep wondering if it's just terminally off or there's some daft setting turned on somewhere and only visible when you click "advanced mode" or something. My first scanner was definitely more blue than my current one and I never encountered scanners broken in the way you describe but it could be my limited experience. Anyway, it looks better and makes editing faster I guess you'll only have to worry about it if you decide to print Loud Era and by then scanners might come and go and etc. :)
Oly-RRR

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion