Long awaited food thread!

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Long awaited food thread!

Postby Snuffan » August 16th, 2010, 5:40 am

Come on. We all know we want a food thread. Everyone eats! And... well... some cook. Not those people with chefs and maids and butlers but SOME STILL COOK! And make desserts and stuff.

So here you can share recepies and tips or whatever!

Image

Basic tasty muffins!
125 grams of butter or margarine
2,5 DL of sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
1,5 teaspoons of baking soda
Just a liiittle little salt. A little little. Like barely visible. Maybe like 1/5th of a teaspoon or something. THAT LITTLE!
2-3 tablespoons of cocoa (depending on how chocolateish you want them)
5 DL of flour
2 DL of milk

Set the oven to 200 degrees celsius, om nom. Mix the butter or margarine with the sugar until they're all smooth and squishy and lovely! Add three eggs. When they're all mixed and omnom you mix in the vanilla sugar, salt and baking soda and that tiny amount of salt, along with the cocoa. Then add the flour, and after the flours been mixed in add the milk. Squish the squishyness into muffinmolds (don't fill more than half of it) and shove into the 200 degree celsius hot oven. Take them out after 18-20 minutes.

If you rather want berry muffins, skip the cocoa and only use 1 DL of milk. After you've mixed all the ingredients, stir 3 dl of berries into the squishyness with a spoon.

1 CUP = 2,35 DL. Do your own maths! I am not american or brittish so I do not use cups to measure my ingredients.
User avatar
Snuffan
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 11:55 am
Location: The Lands of Always Winter

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 16th, 2010, 5:57 am

We can still post here about random stuff, right? Not just recipes?
I WANT THESE APPLES!
Hurry up and come over here to the states, yummy new Apples!

Also, even though I don't have any to share, as an official fat guy, (officially,) I look forward to finding awesome recipes via this thread. (Officially!)
In fact, I can't wait to try making those Muffins. :9
Last edited by Seven Rain on August 16th, 2010, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 24080
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby SuperBiasedMan » August 16th, 2010, 5:57 am

DAMN this is going to be good when I'm back in college and I bake out of boredom, especially at weekends.

Once I find my recipe book you guys will discover the way to make the fabled Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

Image
User avatar
SuperBiasedMan
 
Posts: 4644
Joined: November 1st, 2007, 1:30 pm
Location: The land of milk and honey. That's right, Ireland

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby Sonic-ock » August 16th, 2010, 6:04 am

Frosted Flakes:
1) Pour into bowl
2) Add milk

If I'm feeling saucy I'll cut up some bananas and stick em' in.
Image
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Sonic-ock
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: January 16th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: AMARILLO TEXAS!

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 16th, 2010, 6:09 am

Sonic-ock wrote:Frosted Flakes:
1) Pour into bowl
2) Add milk

If I'm feeling saucy I'll cut up some bananas and stick em' in.

*Takes notes*
Image
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 24080
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby Snuffan » August 16th, 2010, 7:05 am

Seven Rain wrote:We can still post here about random stuff, right? Not just recipes?
I WANT THESE APPLES!
Hurry up and come over here to the states, yummy new Apples!


omg those apples look so tasty! I'm looking forward to the fall with all the tasty apples... I'll be making apple pies all the time! And I'll make sure that I share my recipies and stuff. And yeah talking about random food is totally ok c:
Sonic-ock wrote:Frosted Flakes:
1) Pour into bowl
2) Add milk

If I'm feeling saucy I'll cut up some bananas and stick em' in.

We're all impressed, but all the pro chefs use processed sour milk and sugar instead of regular milk ;-B
(pro chefs being me.)
SuperBiasedMan wrote:Once I find my recipe book you guys will discover the way to make the fabled Strawberry Cheesecake Muffins.

*_* So looking forward to that.



Also, for lunch today I might be eating halloumi! How to cook halloumi?
Fry it in a pan. Eat with red peppers and pasta. Om nom.
User avatar
Snuffan
 
Posts: 2942
Joined: August 23rd, 2007, 11:55 am
Location: The Lands of Always Winter

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby gun21 » August 16th, 2010, 9:30 am

Instant Raman Noodles!

1. Boil water in a pot.

2. Open packaging and place the mass of noodles inside the pot.

3. Stir until they are no longer stiff.

4. Pour contents of pot into a large bowl.

5. Add flavoring (I prefer chicken)
User avatar
gun21
 
Posts: 3487
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 4:41 pm
Location: NO PLACE FOR HIDEO

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby eishiya » August 16th, 2010, 9:32 am

Meh, I like to let my "instant" ramen sit for half an hour or more, gets it nice and soft, but not quite soggy. I feel like that tastes better. Also, if you add some greens to it (dill, scallion), it gives it some much-needed variety, and then ramen seems like proper food.
Image
User avatar
eishiya
 
Posts: 9342
Joined: December 5th, 2009, 11:17 am

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby Seven Rain » August 16th, 2010, 9:51 am

gun21 wrote:5. Add flavoring (I prefer chicken)

I'm more partial to beef flavor myself... Which of course means we are in disagreement good sir.
We must duel to decide the proper flavoring for that recipe.



Oh, also, I found something I can contribute with. :D
Chocolate Chip Cookies!
(Pfft... As if everyone doesn't already have a recipe for these...)
1/2 C Shortening
1/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 T Vanilla
1 Egg (Beaten)
1 C & 2 tbs Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
Chocolate Chips

Put 'em all in a bowl... Mix the FUCK out of 'em...
Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook 'em for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet.
Though hopefully your end result will be... Y'know... Cookies. As opposed to the end result in the video.

Hope that's all right. Just made some myself and they turned out good. (Just hope I didn't do a bad job of explaining the directions...)
Been using this recipe with my Aunt since I was a kid.
Image
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 24080
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby xkrazydog » August 16th, 2010, 9:54 am

Seven Rain wrote:
gun21 wrote:5. Add flavoring (I prefer chicken)

I'm more partial to beef flavor myself... Which of course means we are in disagreement good sir.
We must duel to decide the proper flavoring for that recipe.



http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CDMQ9QEwBQ
Once you go spicy, you never go back.
Image
User avatar
xkrazydog
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: August 4th, 2007, 10:33 pm
Location: somewhere here. somewhere there.

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby aoiyoru » August 16th, 2010, 10:18 am

COFFEE!!

1. Wake up and make it out of bed.
2. Check coffee pot to see if mom left it on after she went to work.
3. Acquire a cup from the cabinet.
4. Put Splenda in said cup.
5.Pour coffee in cup over Splenda.
6.Add Vanilla Creamer.
7. Enjoy.
Image

You'll find me at the end of my rope
somewhere down a slippery slope
between euphoria and depression
'cause your eyes mirror all the colors of a constellation
but your hearts a black hole the size of a space station.
User avatar
aoiyoru
 
Posts: 31
Joined: September 3rd, 2009, 12:03 am

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby blackmoongirl2424 » August 16th, 2010, 10:37 am

aoiyoru wrote:COFFEE!!

1. Wake up and make it out of bed.
2. Check coffee pot to see if mom left it on after she went to work.
3. Acquire a cup from the cabinet.
4. Put Splenda in said cup.
5.Pour coffee in cup over Splenda.
6.Add Vanilla Creamer.
7. Enjoy.

This. XDDD
Image
User avatar
blackmoongirl2424
 
Posts: 815
Joined: May 5th, 2007, 4:17 pm
Location: Here

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby trenton_dawn » August 16th, 2010, 11:21 am

Burrito pot pie?

-Pie crust
-About two pounds ground beef (maybe a little less. Depends on pie crust size)
-Beans (I prefer refried). About 30 oz total
-About 8 ounces of cheese
-Chopped onion
-Whatever other ingredients you like in a burrito (tomato, sour cream, etc)
-Optional: taco sauce.

Saute the ground beef in a skillet for a 4-5 minutes, then add the onion and continue for a couple more. Use your judgment on when its ready. After that add all the other ingredients that need to be cooked, like the beans or cheese. Mix that stuff and let it simmer for like 15 minutes or maybe a little more. Then stick it in the pie crust and put the top pie crust on it, and bake for like 30-35 minutes.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
User avatar
trenton_dawn
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Location: Auberdine, Darkshore (Alliance Territory)

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby coolbeans » August 16th, 2010, 11:33 am

trenton_dawn wrote:Burrito pot pie?

-Pie crust
-About two pounds ground beef (maybe a little less. Depends on pie crust size)
-Beans (I prefer refried). About 30 oz total
-About 8 ounces of cheese
-Chopped onion
-Whatever other ingredients you like in a burrito (tomato, sour cream, etc)
-Optional: taco sauce.

Saute the ground beef in a skillet for a 4-5 minutes, then add the onion and continue for a couple more. Use your judgment on when its ready. After that add all the other ingredients that need to be cooked, like the beans or cheese. Mix that stuff and let it simmer for like 15 minutes or maybe a little more. Then stick it in the pie crust and put the top pie crust on it, and bake for like 30-35 minutes.

OH MY GOD
My reaction when I read "Burrito Pot Pie" was pretty much
Image
We're in a race against time, and time might be winning . . .
Image

"OK, so, try and find a place here that I haven't put my penis in. It's not easy."
-Lord Byron
User avatar
coolbeans
 
Posts: 575
Joined: April 29th, 2009, 7:09 pm
Location: a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam

Re: Long awaited food thread!

Postby trenton_dawn » August 16th, 2010, 11:39 am

coolbeans wrote:OH MY GOD
My reaction when I read "Burrito Pot Pie" was pretty much
Image


In that case, you may also enjoy my other creation, scalloped potato pot pie.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
User avatar
trenton_dawn
 
Posts: 2713
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Location: Auberdine, Darkshore (Alliance Territory)

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], mitchellbravo and 16 guests

cron