Don Bluth

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Don Bluth

Postby Vitotamito » May 15th, 2009, 2:20 am

Honestly, I'm like, a huge fan of Don Bluth movies.

And I've been on a kick lately, watching his movies and whatnot.

Titan A.E. and Anastasia and An American Tail. Awesome stuff.

And I went on youtube and came across this thing where he talks about portraying "Feelings" in art. And it was kinda interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAnx2UDvY0

Anyway, my favorite Bluth movie is Anastasia, personally. What's yours? What do you think of Bluth movies vs. Disney movies? Anything else Bluth related that you can think of?
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Re: Don Bluth

Postby Sai » May 15th, 2009, 2:23 am

Aw, man, my childhood...I grew up watching Bluth films, and I personally found that they had a certain charm that Disney didn't have, so I was all Bluth > Disney. Anastasia's also my personal favorite. <3
Sai

Postby tacbot89 » May 15th, 2009, 2:49 am

The Secret of NIMH.
The Land Before Time.
An American Tail.
Titan A.E.

Edit; Dun Bluth is one of my Idols man.
Last edited by tacbot89 on May 15th, 2009, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tacbot89

Postby silverbrumby123 » May 15th, 2009, 3:08 am

Aaaa I love Don Bluth films! Me and some friends watched the secret of Nimh and Anastasia the other day :3

My favourite would definitely be anastasia, but when I was younger I adored the land before time :)
silverbrumby123

Postby TacoTotes » May 15th, 2009, 9:23 am

Ahh nice, hmm, definitely one of my favorites. Sure Disney was OK, but I grew up with Don Bluth films.

Mainly the Secret of NIMH, an American Tail, and of course, All Dogs go to Heaven.
TacoTotes

Postby pockymousie » May 15th, 2009, 9:29 am

TacoTotes wrote:and of course, All Dogs go to Heaven.

Aww, I love those movies! :* SO cute.
http://www.pockymouse.com ^
Creep wrote:Yes. I'm the moonwalking bear.

Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
Ever notice how studying is STUDent and DYING put together?
pockymousie

Postby tezzle » May 15th, 2009, 11:27 am

He was good until Disney got really popular...then he just couldn't seem to crank out another hit for whatever reason. Sad, really. Those movies were original & entertaining for everyone. Nowadays Disney has stuck to their 10-year-old girl demographic, because society dictates they have to be materialistic & love dolls & clothes & stuff, so they slap the Disney Princesses or Hannah Montana on something, and rake it in. Find one good show on Disney Channel that a little boy wouldn't get made fun of at school for watching!

I haven't seen one of them in forever...but...Little Foot's mom dying still makes me seriously cry (for realz, dawg). I am 18 years old...should that make me cry?...I don't care.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Ah man, I remember adoring The Land Before Time when I was a little(-er) kid, Spike was my favourite. The only problem with the film was that it had my little brother convinced that Apatasauruses (Apatasauri?) and well, any other Sauropods were called long necks.

I really want to watch Titan A.E, it looks good.

Postby ApaFox » May 15th, 2009, 1:08 pm

xD I just saw Titan A.E. just the other day![random movie channels FTW]

Anywho, I always thought the soundtracks to the movies were pretty bitchin'. I can still remember some of the tunes from The Land Before Time.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby avian-reader » May 15th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Sharky001 wrote:Ah man, I remember adoring The Land Before Time when I was a little(-er) kid, Spike was my favourite. The only problem with the film was that it had my little brother convinced that Apatasauruses (Apatasauri?) and well, any other Sauropods were called long necks.

I spent many a day seaching for star leaves, lol. Cartoons can really mess with a kid's head, can't they?
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Sai » May 15th, 2009, 1:23 pm

avian-reader wrote:
Sharky001 wrote:Ah man, I remember adoring The Land Before Time when I was a little(-er) kid, Spike was my favourite. The only problem with the film was that it had my little brother convinced that Apatasauruses (Apatasauri?) and well, any other Sauropods were called long necks.

I spent many a day seaching for star leaves, lol. Cartoons can really mess with a kid's head, can't they?

Oh Jesus, I went tree star hunting, too. Fun times.
Sai

Postby avian-reader » May 15th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Sai wrote:
avian-reader wrote:

I never could find one that looked quite the same as in the film. I still have it on video on one of my bookcases out of pure nostalgia. I am so sad.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2009, 1:30 pm

Sai wrote:
avian-reader wrote:

Oh yes. Tree star hunting was my favourite thing to do when I went to the park. Sod the seesaw and the swings, I ran off into the forest. Made sure to be quiet so the sharp-teeth didn't eat me though.

Postby Trauma » May 15th, 2009, 1:35 pm

I grew up watching Pagemaster, An American Tail, and All Dogs Go To Heaven...

I love his work! It's so...different!
Trauma

Postby Vitotamito » May 15th, 2009, 2:37 pm

What really blew my universe apart was that I always thought that "We're Back! A Dinosaur Story" was a Bluth film, and a couple months ago I found out it wasn't, and I was depressed for like, days on end. I mean, it's still a great movie...

Also, The Pagemaster wasn't a Bluth Film either. It was a Joe Johnston film, AKA the guy who directed "Honey I shrunk the Kids," "The Rocketeer," "October Sky," and will be directing the new Captain America movie.

It just goes to show how many awesome animated movies there were that weren't Disney in the 80s/90s.

Also, has anyone ever read the actual "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" book by Robert O'Brien that the movie was based on? Amazing book!
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Next

Return to General Discussion