Don Bluth

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: Don Bluth

Postby Trauma » May 15th, 2009, 2:43 pm

Holy Crap! You're right! That just ruined my childhood...

But he did "Rock-a-Doodle", which I love, even though it's so bad...
Trauma

Postby tezzle » May 15th, 2009, 2:53 pm

Vitotamito wrote:What really blew my universe apart was that I always thought that "We're Back! A Dinosaur Story" was a Bluth film, and a couple months ago I found out it wasn't, and I was depressed for like, days on end. I mean, it's still a great movie...

Curses. Now I must head for the YouTube and listen to "Roll Back the Rock (To the Dawn of Time)." John Goodman's singing voice needs to be implemented in more of his work...I love non-Disney 80s-90s movies SO. MUCH.

And speaking of All Dogs Go to Heaven...Rest In Peace, Dom DeLuise. You have been and always will be...my favorite weiner-dog.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Trauma » May 15th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Yes! And also Judith Barsi...the original Ducky...rest in peace... :(
Trauma

Postby Vitotamito » May 15th, 2009, 3:04 pm

tezzle wrote:And speaking of All Dogs Go to Heaven...Rest In Peace, Dom DeLuise. You have been and always will be...my favorite weiner-dog.

My Facebook status a while back was "Travis feels that wherever Dom DeLuise has gone, it's probably Don Bluth Themed."

Seriously, the guy voiced Itchy the weiner dog, Stanley in A Troll in Central Park, Jeremy in The Secret of NIMH, AND Tiger the cat in An American Tale. (Not to mention Koosy in Dexter's Lab and Fagin in Oliver and Company)
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby tezzle » May 15th, 2009, 3:18 pm

I was more shocked when I found out that not only was Burt Reynolds the voice of Charlie in the first movie, but Charlie was "designed specifically with Burt Reynolds in mind for the role"... That's just cool. Also, him & Dom had worked together before in Cannonball Run, and they wanted to record their lines together. Most of their ad-libbed stuff was said to be better than the original script.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby TacoTotes » May 15th, 2009, 4:17 pm

Trauma wrote:Yes! And also Judith Barsi...the original Ducky...rest in peace... :(

She also did the voice of Anne Marie in All Dogs go to Heaven. It was nuts, I was actually watching it a couple weeks ago, and I wondered what the voice actress was doing, sadly to find out that she was killed. Terrible story :\ Poor kid.
TacoTotes

Postby silverbrumby123 » May 15th, 2009, 6:42 pm

Vitotamito wrote:What really blew my universe apart was that I always thought that "We're Back! A Dinosaur Story" was a Bluth film, and a couple months ago I found out it wasn't, and I was depressed for like, days on end. I mean, it's still a great movie...

Also, The Pagemaster wasn't a Bluth Film either. It was a Joe Johnston film, AKA the guy who directed "Honey I shrunk the Kids," "The Rocketeer," "October Sky," and will be directing the new Captain America movie.

It just goes to show how many awesome animated movies there were that weren't Disney in the 80s/90s.

Also, has anyone ever read the actual "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" book by Robert O'Brien that the movie was based on? Amazing book!

Aaaa up until very recently, I thought that Ferngully was a Don Bluth film, as did my friends. We were surprised to find it wasn't XD

And I have read the book!!!! I think that we had to read it in school, either that, or it was from the school library, but it was a really lovely book to read :)
silverbrumby123

Postby EnigmaticPenguin » May 15th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Vitotamito wrote:Also, has anyone ever read the actual "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH" book by Robert O'Brien that the movie was based on? Amazing book!

Fff, I read it before I saw the movie. Good book. Good movie.

*adds self to the list of people who grew up loving Don Bluth* But not more than Disney, in my case. They were pretty much equal.
EnigmaticPenguin

Previous

Return to General Discussion