The Drunken Thread

Kick back and chat it up with other Jeeves Smackers.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby kevansevans » September 9th, 2017, 1:49 am

Jack Daniels and Hot Coco is now my favorite drink combo right now. Previous was fireball coco.
User avatar
kevansevans
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby candys » September 9th, 2017, 2:24 am

To be honest I'm not a big fan of alcohol but I like to drink beer with friends or make margarita cocktails on weekends
candys
 
Posts: 7
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 11:03 am

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby mitchellbravo » September 15th, 2017, 8:47 pm

I think this is the first time in my whole life I"m actually drunk but not tired. I don't want to go to bed but I'm too boozled to draw :( :( :(
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6508
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby kevansevans » September 15th, 2017, 9:15 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:I think this is the first time in my whole life I"m actually drunk but not tired. I don't want to go to bed but I'm too boozled to draw :( :( :(


u can boozle me bb
User avatar
kevansevans
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby The_Hankerchief » September 15th, 2017, 11:39 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:I think this is the first time in my whole life I"m actually drunk but not tired. I don't want to go to bed but I'm too boozled to draw :( :( :(

You and me both. Not gonna stop me from trying, though!

Also, 18-year old Glenfiddich scotch. It is tasty. And I'm now hungry, but everything but the dining facility is closed and they don't serve nothing but breakfast until 11. I'll have to hit up the Base Exchange when they open and grab some snacks for my room.
sanspants wrote:Man, I bet the NSA guys know where to find the best porn.

Sonic-ock wrote:I, the procrastination fairy, am glad to have been a positive influence on the community.
User avatar
The_Hankerchief
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 1:59 am
Location: (Insert Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere")

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby darkenergy » September 17th, 2017, 1:40 am

Anyone else experiencing the magic of getting drunk faster as you age? U:
Image
User avatar
darkenergy
 
Posts: 803
Joined: May 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Location: An oft-frozen Hell.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby The_Hankerchief » September 17th, 2017, 6:46 am

darkenergy wrote:Anyone else experiencing the magic of getting drunk faster as you age? U:

Yes, but it's mostly because I can afford higher-quality booze now. :lol:
Spoiler! :
Truth in advertising, I've slowed down my drinking a lot. I like sipping alcohol more than I like pounding it, and while I feel the buzz kicking in earlier than I did in the past, I can stay buzzed longer and maintain my composure, compared to my wild and crazy days where I'd get rip-roaring drunk at parties and only be coherent for an hour before passing out in a puddle of humiliation and failure.
sanspants wrote:Man, I bet the NSA guys know where to find the best porn.

Sonic-ock wrote:I, the procrastination fairy, am glad to have been a positive influence on the community.
User avatar
The_Hankerchief
 
Posts: 4028
Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 1:59 am
Location: (Insert Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere")

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby darkenergy » September 17th, 2017, 2:26 pm

The_Hankerchief wrote:
darkenergy wrote:Anyone else experiencing the magic of getting drunk faster as you age? U:

Yes, but it's mostly because I can afford higher-quality booze now. :lol:
Spoiler! :
Truth in advertising, I've slowed down my drinking a lot. I like sipping alcohol more than I like pounding it, and while I feel the buzz kicking in earlier than I did in the past, I can stay buzzed longer and maintain my composure, compared to my wild and crazy days where I'd get rip-roaring drunk at parties and only be coherent for an hour before passing out in a puddle of humiliation and failure.


haha I was friends with pretentious people in college, so I've actually not had much bad booze aside from the plastic bottle gin I used to chug.

And, pfft, these days I usually have to be sober enough to drive home so not crossing into puddle territory is important.
Image
User avatar
darkenergy
 
Posts: 803
Joined: May 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Location: An oft-frozen Hell.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby mitchellbravo » September 17th, 2017, 2:51 pm

I still drink cheaper end stuff exclusively, but I drink a lot less often than I did over the last few years. I didn't drink much in college, it came about after that. I used to be able to more or less finish a 1.5 L bottle of wine in an evening :oops: . The other night I had 3 large glasses and woke up with the worst hangover I've had in all my life, so I think I'm at the age where I need to set hard limits for how party I'm allowed to get :lol:
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6508
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby darkenergy » September 18th, 2017, 10:22 am

mitchellbravo wrote:I still drink cheaper end stuff exclusively, but I drink a lot less often than I did over the last few years. I didn't drink much in college, it came about after that. I used to be able to more or less finish a 1.5 L bottle of wine in an evening :oops: . The other night I had 3 large glasses and woke up with the worst hangover I've had in all my life, so I think I'm at the age where I need to set hard limits for how party I'm allowed to get :lol:


Yeah I'm still confused that it is, in fact, possible to get trashed on beer o: haha, redoing limits is confusing.
Image
User avatar
darkenergy
 
Posts: 803
Joined: May 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Location: An oft-frozen Hell.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby kevansevans » September 18th, 2017, 11:18 pm

The worst I've got was the point where I couldn't look at anything for more than three seconds, my eyes kept wanting to wander and not focus on anything. I decided that would never happen again, as it scared me how much I was losing my ability to even function at a bare minimum. Also I don't seem to get hangovers. Or I do, just they aren't as bad for me as they are anyone else. I just wake up the next morning not feeling like i got enough sleep.
User avatar
kevansevans
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby mitchellbravo » September 19th, 2017, 6:06 am

ke- I can count on one hand the number of hangovers I've had that affected me beyond "made a lot of really dark poops the next morning." Even when I was drinking more often and more quantity, it was only those few occasions that I got the headache and/or other stomach pains.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Image
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
User avatar
mitchellbravo
 
Posts: 6508
Joined: October 11th, 2010, 1:31 pm
Location: too tired

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby JoKeR » September 19th, 2017, 4:51 pm

darkenergy wrote:Yeah I'm still confused that it is, in fact, possible to get trashed on beer o: haha, redoing limits is confusing.

German beer? :twisted:
We have a lot cheaper beer brands here which are actually much better then the pricey ones.
But the best in my taste is the Wieninger Impulsator...
Image
If you get one bottle of this you will be in heaven. But if you drink too much of that stuff your hangover will be deadly. hahaha
I know what I'm talking about.
Image

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
User avatar
JoKeR
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: June 10th, 2010, 3:42 am
Location: A City with a huge cathedral

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby darkenergy » September 20th, 2017, 8:38 pm

JoKeR wrote:
darkenergy wrote:Yeah I'm still confused that it is, in fact, possible to get trashed on beer o: haha, redoing limits is confusing.

German beer? :twisted:
We have a lot cheaper beer brands here which are actually much better then the pricey ones.
But the best in my taste is the Wieninger Impulsator...
If you get one bottle of this you will be in heaven. But if you drink too much of that stuff your hangover will be deadly. hahaha
I know what I'm talking about.


ha, the last one I got trashed on was a sour brewed in gin barrels. Chicago has a ton of microbreweries so you can find some pretty crazy shit. And lots of Germans, so yes German beer as well! (Hooray Oktoberfest)

mitchellbravo/kevansevans - I hate/am extremely jealous of you. Also, I don't do shots anymore u:
Image
User avatar
darkenergy
 
Posts: 803
Joined: May 29th, 2010, 10:44 pm
Location: An oft-frozen Hell.

Re: The Drunken Thread

Postby Admin » September 20th, 2017, 11:58 pm

German beer is definitely the best. We don't get a ton of varieties over here, but a real solid staple for me is Paulaner when I can find it. It's the perfect mix of delicious, smooth and medium-bodied.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: August 17th, 2005, 11:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests