Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby Master_72 » January 27th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Gah, why can't I stop thinking of her? I know I'm over her, it'd been months, but… There's just so much to think about when my train of thoughts shifts to her subject, and, more times than I want to admit, there are more questions that answers and I just can't, gah. I just, she's an ugly, stupid imbecile and I'd rather stop thinking of her romance-wise and more just mutual friend-wise.

Just, please get out of my head and let me find someone else. Please?
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby redandblack64 » January 27th, 2014, 10:39 pm

I bike 4 miles in 16 degree darkness to catch a bus that left 10 MINUTES BEFORE IT WAS SCHEDULED TO LEAVE. The scheduled DEPARTURE time is 6:30 A.M, NOT 6:20!

I ended up having to bike an extra 4 miles to end up 9 minutes late to work (backup bus that comes right this one after drops me off further away from work) instead of nearly an hour late had I not used my bike to essentially drive through traffic through downtown.

Someone's getting a complaint, since I know exactly who was driving that bus (and know their operating number), and using the flimsy excuse that the highway gets backed up won't work since it only starts getting congested after 7 A.M.

What's with these impatient drivers from the East Coast? This isn't fucking Manhattan, for Christ's sake, and you should know the traffic patterns by now; you've been doing this route for nearly 6 months! And what's so hard about KEEPING A GODDAMN SCHEDULE? You all have a digital clock right in front of you!

Wait, that's why I got this bike. Too bad I can't chase this express bus down the highway like the slow as shit city buses, or there wouldn't be a problem. It actually moves at a speed above 7 mph, after all.
redandblack64

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » January 28th, 2014, 8:15 am

Ill again. I don't have the time for this...
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby Master_72 » January 28th, 2014, 11:42 am

Oh god, why is fitting in so hard sometimes... God :(...

I want to just vent away all my problems but I dont think they'll ever go away...
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby Seven Rain » January 28th, 2014, 12:08 pm

I...
Just...
Eh...
*Slumps down into puddle on desk*
Seven Rain

Postby sanspants » January 28th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Master_72 wrote:Oh god, why is fitting in so hard sometimes... God :(...

I want to just vent away all my problems but I dont think they'll ever go away...

Fitting in means you're adjusting to the pressure of the local area. It's harder in some places than others - just half-ass it and do just enough to not make you look like the super-strange one. Or hell, just be yourself. As long as you're not harming anyone, eff it.

Seven Rain wrote:I...
Just...
Eh...

I WILL HUG YOU FOR HOURS.
Writer. Game designer.

There are no happy endings, because the story never ends.

mitchellbravo wrote:BETWEEN THE LOUD INFINITE ERA????
sanspants

Postby Seven Rain » January 28th, 2014, 1:51 pm

sanspants wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I...
Just...
Eh...

I WILL HUG YOU FOR HOURS.

I don't think such a bromance would work out. Our beards would probably just try to fight if we got within two feet of each-other.
Seven Rain

Postby sanspants » January 28th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I don't think such a bromance would work out. Our beards would probably just try to fight if we got within two feet of each-other.

I think it's worth a try. Should the world explode, at least we'll know that our beards are pretty awesome.
Writer. Game designer.

sanspants

Postby sanspants » January 28th, 2014, 10:05 pm

Why am I failing so hard at this class? i mean, I'm not FAILING failing (I'd be beyond pissed at that) but I'm making amateur storytelling mistakes here. What the hell? Why can't I get it together? Why did my narrative peter out towards the end? Why did I miss obvious things that needed a quick fix? I AM A WRITER, GODDAMMIT. WHAT THE FUCK.
Writer. Game designer.

sanspants

Postby ShamanRyo » January 29th, 2014, 10:52 am

Over the last few months I have had a bad time emotional/mental wise. I have discovered I have some issues I gotta pan out and some others I am just doomed to suffer through I guess.

Spoiler! :
Let me address my issues I CAN get help with. I seem to be suffering from MDD. I am slapped by this every so often. I also have an anxiety problem with large groups of people in a fast paced live talk situations. I am trying to get therapy for it.

Now other shit is I fell for someone. HARD. And unrequited feelings are fucking ruining me. I get jealous because she would rather talk to people in a group then with me even if I am aware she isn't doing it on purpose. It is fucking with me. I get anxiety attacks from it and I really don't know what to do. I am hoping this therapy helps but it hurts.....a lot.
I also discovered i am an Empath. AND IT IS HORRID. Fucking feeling others feelings is a hard time. I hate getting mad or upset because someone is proximity is. The only upside is I can understand people's problems? I guess?? I understand they are upset and can try to make them feel better but lately I am having a hard time not getting overloaded by the bad kind of feelings.
ShamanRyo

Postby Nikkinoodles » January 29th, 2014, 11:34 am

sanspants wrote:Why am I failing so hard at this class? i mean, I'm not FAILING failing (I'd be beyond pissed at that) but I'm making amateur storytelling mistakes here. What the hell? Why can't I get it together? Why did my narrative peter out towards the end? Why did I miss obvious things that needed a quick fix? I AM A WRITER, GODDAMMIT. WHAT THE FUCK.

Have you tried reading Steven King's On Writing and some other writing books that I can think of off the top of my head? There are some very good books out there that can help with outlining and story structure that may be worth a read.

I read a lot of them before I started working full time as a freelance writer and they've helped me no end. If you want I can give you links to some sites with writing advice on and a list of some of the books that helped me most. Just send me a PM
Eishiya said: wrote:groin attacks build character

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby sanspants » January 29th, 2014, 11:40 am

Nikkinoodles wrote:Have you tried reading Steven King's On Writing and some other writing books that I can think of off the top of my head? There are some very good books out there that can help with outlining and story structure that may be worth a read.

I read a lot of them before I started working full time as a freelance writer and they've helped me no end. If you want I can give you links to some sites with writing advice on and a list of some of the books that helped me most. Just send me a PM

I've read On Writing and am nearly done with my degree in Creative Writing. This class, I think, was designed deliberately to throw people off of their game, and it's working. Having work due on a Friday and the next week's work not available to look at until the next Monday when I have a full time, Monday to Friday job is part of the stress. I don't have that weekend to percolate ideas and rewrite ("writing is rewriting"), and it's kind of affecting my writing. Also: my sanity.
Writer. Game designer.

sanspants

Postby Nikkinoodles » January 29th, 2014, 11:59 am

sanspants wrote:I've read On Writing and am nearly done with my degree in Creative Writing. This class, I think, was designed deliberately to throw people off of their game, and it's working. Having work due on a Friday and the next week's work not available to look at until the next Monday when I have a full time, Monday to Friday job is part of the stress. I don't have that weekend to percolate ideas and rewrite ("writing is rewriting"), and it's kind of affecting my writing. Also: my sanity.

I wouldn't know much about creative writing classes. Although I have a degree in Creative Writing the teaching and seminars were so bad I tended to skip them. Once or twice I turned up still drunk from the night before but thinking I was hungover. The teaching in that area wasn't great at my university.
Have you tried speaking to your teacher/professor/whatever they're calling themselves where you learn, about your problem? They might be really understanding and help you out.
It could be that you're over analysing your writing or are just too close to see the solutions. Sometimes that happens, especially when you're reading and reading and rereading something so many times, you get tunnel vision. You could talk it out with someone in class or someone that you work with, they might be able to spot something that you haven't. Failing that, I'm happy to chat things out if you need to.

As to sanity, it's over-rated. Everyone's a little insane in their own way. It's the ones who insist that they are totally sane that you need to watch out for. They're the ones who go whacko and start throwing things everywhere.
Eishiya said: wrote:groin attacks build character

Muh blog
Nikkinoodles

Postby sanspants » January 29th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Nikkinoodles wrote:I wouldn't know much about creative writing classes. Although I have a degree in Creative Writing the teaching and seminars were so bad I tended to skip them. Once or twice I turned up still drunk from the night before but thinking I was hungover. The teaching in that area wasn't great at my university.
Have you tried speaking to your teacher/professor/whatever they're calling themselves where you learn, about your problem? They might be really understanding and help you out.
It could be that you're over analysing your writing or are just too close to see the solutions. Sometimes that happens, especially when you're reading and reading and rereading something so many times, you get tunnel vision. You could talk it out with someone in class or someone that you work with, they might be able to spot something that you haven't. Failing that, I'm happy to chat things out if you need to.

As to sanity, it's over-rated. Everyone's a little insane in their own way. It's the ones who insist that they are totally sane that you need to watch out for. They're the ones who go whacko and start throwing things everywhere.

I wish I could skip most of this, but I go to school online so they try to measure as much work as possible for grades. I can't do the live talks (They start while I'm working), but the professor puts in stuff necessary for the turn-in work into the chat, so I kind of have to listen in.

I've noticed that I learn more when the teacher provides the tools and lets me attack it on my own, rather than handing me a very structured piece and saying "Here, emulate this". This is also why I am pretty damn sure I won't be a television writer.

And I'm already nuts, but I still need that tenuous grasp on reality so I can translate all of this crazy into something palatable for an audience. ;)

[edit] Also: WOO ANOTHER WRITER!~
Writer. Game designer.

sanspants

Postby JoKeR » January 29th, 2014, 5:30 pm

sanspants wrote:Why am I failing so hard at this class? i mean, I'm not FAILING failing (I'd be beyond pissed at that) but I'm making amateur storytelling mistakes here. What the hell? Why can't I get it together? Why did my narrative peter out towards the end? Why did I miss obvious things that needed a quick fix? I AM A WRITER, GODDAMMIT. WHAT THE FUCK.

Did you try a plot storyboard or a mind-map? This can help sometimes to keep the story together.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues