Let's Vent

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: Let's Vent

Postby Seven Rain » January 25th, 2014, 9:42 pm

sanspants wrote:Just found out that an Internet personality online whose work I enjoyed apparently committed suicide.

During a trip to /m/ I noticed a thread about this and now know who it is you're talking about. I may not have been familiar with his stuff, (only know of him from a video he did on Gundam Breaker,) but it's a real shame. I especially feel bad for his wife having to go through what she did.
Seven Rain

Postby Master_72 » January 25th, 2014, 9:44 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
sanspants wrote:Just found out that an Internet personality online whose work I enjoyed apparently committed suicide.

During a trip to /m/ I noticed a thread about this and now know who it is you're talking about. I may not have been familiar with his stuff, (only know of him from a video he did on Gundam Breaker,) but it's a real shame. I especially feel bad for his wife having to go through what she did.

it took me a moment( and a quick google search on Reddit) to figure out the character in question.

I wasn't at all familiar with him, but I'm still very upset.
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby GamerDude123 » January 25th, 2014, 9:51 pm

uhhhh im fed up with people not addressing me by the correct pronouns -___- is it so hard to see im a genderqueer asexual? *facepalm*
GamerDude123

Postby eishiya » January 25th, 2014, 10:00 pm

GamerDude123 wrote:uhhhh im fed up with people not addressing me by the correct pronouns -___- is it so hard to see im a genderqueer asexual? *facepalm*

For the record, which pronouns do you prefer to be used for you? Most people here go based on what the person's profiles say (and yours implies that variations of "he" are to be used). If that's not the case, I recommend adding a note on your profile, it'll be useful to people both on the forum and on the main SJ site.

I am probably missing some context here, but what does your asexuality have to do with the pronouns people use?
eishiya

Postby GamerDude123 » January 25th, 2014, 10:10 pm

eishiya wrote:
GamerDude123 wrote:uhhhh im fed up with people not addressing me by the correct pronouns -___- is it so hard to see im a genderqueer asexual? *facepalm*

For the record, which pronouns do you prefer to be used for you? Most people here go based on what the person's profiles say (and yours implies that variations of "he" are to be used). If that's not the case, I recommend adding a note on your profile, it'll be useful to people both on the forum and on the main SJ site.

I am probably missing some context here, but what does your asexuality have to do with the pronouns people use?

dont tell me what to do or ask questions into my private life..you could trigger me...you dont like me when im angry -_-
GamerDude123

Postby Seven Rain » January 26th, 2014, 1:57 am

Yo Mediacom, you might wanna check around for a memo or something regarding letting our internet work? Since we're paying you for it?
It'd kinda be nice if it worked. Since we're paying you for it.
Seven Rain

Postby avian-reader » January 26th, 2014, 4:20 am

GamerDude123 wrote:
eishiya wrote:

dont tell me what to do or ask questions into my private life..you could trigger me...you dont like me when im angry -_-

I hope you are just a troll, because otherwise that was a disgustingly rude way to respond to someone who is trying to help you. I hope you aren't like this offline, because if you are I imagine you must be very isolated.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Snuffan » January 26th, 2014, 6:49 am

POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD IS AWKWARD
Snuffan

Postby Mr Aids » January 26th, 2014, 7:16 am

Snuffan wrote:POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD IS AWKWARD

We all saw it, it was disgusting
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby GamerDude123 » January 26th, 2014, 8:38 am

avian-reader wrote:I hope you are just a troll, because otherwise that was a disgustingly rude way to respond to someone who is trying to help you. I hope you aren't like this offline, because if you are I imagine you must be very isolated.

Reported for transphobia
GamerDude123

Postby kevansevans » January 26th, 2014, 9:35 am

GamerDude123 wrote:
avian-reader wrote:I hope you are just a troll, because otherwise that was a disgustingly rude way to respond to someone who is trying to help you. I hope you aren't like this offline, because if you are I imagine you must be very isolated.

Reported for transphobia

I'm going to tell you here, the moderators here are very smart people. So are the people you are arguing with, who aren't even arguing back. None of what they said implied any form of sexual phobia or prejudice. In all honesty, I would point you to some very nice people here who are also transgender if it wasn't for your earlier posts. Only thing I could say is to change your username to something more unisex.
kevansevans

Postby Master_72 » January 26th, 2014, 10:35 am

GamerDude123 wrote:

Reported for transphobia

I'm okay with Transgenders. I know tons of em. I think it takes real guts to admit that to hundreds of people online.

I'm not okay with trolls. I know tons of em. I think it takes real guts to just act like an attention wanting idiot to hundreds of people online.

>Implying is the prosecutor's tool.
Spoiler! :

OFFICIALLY CROWNED CHAMPION OF FORUM GAMES
"You all may play the games, but I win them"
Master_72

Postby GamerDude123 » January 26th, 2014, 12:14 pm

kevansevans wrote:
GamerDude123 wrote:

Reported for transphobia

I'm going to tell you here, the moderators here are very smart people. So are the people you are arguing with, who aren't even arguing back. None of what they said implied any form of sexual phobia or prejudice. In all honesty, I would point you to some very nice people here who are also transgender if it wasn't for your earlier posts. Only thing I could say is to change your username to something more unisex.

dont you dare tell me to do anything
GamerDude123

Postby kmarwx » January 26th, 2014, 12:54 pm

I'm so confused as to why my parents think low Bs/high Cs are failing grades. Aren't those supposed to be the "average" and not the bottom?

GamerDude123 wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
GamerDude123 wrote:Reported for transphobia

dont you dare tell me to do anything

Everyone who's responded to you thus far has been attempting to help you fix your problem, not to purposefully annoy or irritate you. This community is a very welcoming one, and the subject matter at hand doesn't warrant any such behavior like the kind you think they are showing you. I promise you, as a member of the community for five years, that every one of these people is willing to help you in any way they can so long as you don't blow things out of proportion like you are currently doing. Transphobia was never brought up in any of these people's comments towards you, and the "change your username" comment wasn't meant to be a command. It was simply a suggestion that might help others know which pronouns to address you with. If you have any further problems with anybody in this thread, please feel free to use the PM system to communicate further, as I can imagine this kind of argument is not welcome nor desired in a thread such as this one.
kmarwx

Postby GamerDude123 » January 26th, 2014, 12:57 pm

kmarwx wrote:Everyone who's responded to you thus far has been attempting to help you fix your problem, not to purposefully annoy or irritate you. This community is a very welcoming one, and the subject matter at hand doesn't warrant any such behavior like the kind you think they are showing you. I promise you, as a member of the community for five years, that every one of these people is willing to help you in any way they can so long as you don't blow things out of proportion like you are currently doing. Transphobia was never brought up in any of these people's comments towards you, and the "change your username" comment wasn't meant to be a command. It was simply a suggestion that might help others know which pronouns to address you with. If you have any further problems with anybody in this thread, please feel free to use the PM system to communicate further, as I can imagine this kind of argument is not welcome nor desired in a thread such as this one.

moderators are harassing me via pm and will not answer to my inquries

i am sorry...my life is extremely stressfull....bullies at school not understanding their privilege -_-
GamerDude123

PreviousNext

Return to Life Issues