The optimistic thread

A board designated for discussion of personal issues.
Forum rules
Due to the often sensitive nature of the discussions occurring in Life Issues, we ask that you be particularly considerate and respectful toward posters here. Violation of this request will be considered a violation of the rules.

Re: The optimistic thread

Postby General.Hankins » November 9th, 2017, 8:33 pm

Congratulations Mitchell on your engagement!
And speaking of my brother.

So, I'm sitting in my EMT class and my dear brother (The Hankerchief) calls, all the way from Qatar. I quickly silence my phone and let him know I will call him back as soon as I finish class. And this is Twin Nerd moment of pride, He responds not with any of the typical affirmatives (Ok, Roger That, See you then, etc) but instead replies, "Potassium". I couldn't help it, I started laughing, in the middle of a trauma response exercise. Questioning looks abound (the material was fairly graphic) the instructor decided to pause and let us take a break. I grinned like a fool all the way through the rest of the class.

So, in short, My Brother everyone.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
General.Hankins

Location: Alaska (literally the whole state, my job takes me everywhere)

Postby mitchellbravo » November 9th, 2017, 8:38 pm

That's fabulous :lol: I'm going to have to use that one.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby Amante » November 11th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Congrats mitchell!
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Oly-RRR » November 15th, 2017, 6:09 pm

1) MITCHELL, CONGRAAAATS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2) Every time I come back here after a long stretch of inactivity I'm all "dang, I LOVE this forum!" and I don't really feel like that about any other place on the internet. :P
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Previous

Return to Life Issues