kyupol wrote:Alert!!! dysfunctional relationship.
Get out. It seems that you are the hypnotIZED and he is the hypnoTIST in this relationship. He's not worth it. Save yourself the heartache. Go find another man. Or better... learn to live without a man.
Wow, how could you possibly go around giving advice like this
Listen muffin, my last post to this thread was March 31st
, that was a little over a few weeks ago. Do you think that perhaps, with no new posts since then, that the situation has already been cleared up? Since that last post of mine I talked to my boyfriend, and he was sorry for shutting me out of his life like that. Yes, Gibson was right, it was bullshit that it was merely about "school", but when I pressed him on about it, it was something that was going down in his family (obviously not going to post what). He admitted he doesn't handle stress well and he didn't mean to upset me by shutting himself off.
I would hardly call that a dysfunctional relationship :\ He was willing to talk his problems over with me, he was sorry for what he did and he didn't mean to do it
. Now whenever he's upset he talks to me about it first, and that's wonderful progression for our relationship. In fact here are the signs of a dysfunctional relationship:
1. A sense that you have to fit into someone else's perception of what is right or wrong in order to be loved.
2. You feel confined.
3. There is always something to fix in the relationship.
4. You feel like you're settling.
5. Who you are is diminished in the relationship.
6. Your needs are not met in one way or another.
7. You're never going to be good enough.
8. You feel trapped.
9. Being there is not what you really want, but you're afraid to leave.
10. You find other ways to satisfy yourself to keep your mind off how unhappy you are in the situation.
11. When it's good, it's really good, but when it's bad it's horrible.
Did I mention feeling any of the following? I never said I felt trapped or confined, neither did I say that I have to find other things to do to keep myself from thinking about how bad it is. I don't feel any of the following based on this (and many other) list(s). And hey, in a relationship, you are never going to always get along with your partner; I rub him the wrong way sometimes, he does the same, sometimes we fight, but we're quickly over it.
Just... what? Read posts more carefully, doll.