Post Reviews Here

A board designated for full, article-length reviews of webcomics, local or foreign.
Forum rules
How things work around here:

1) Webcomics get nominated for review in the Nominations for Review forum.
    2) People pick a webcomic to review and commit to writing an article-quality review of the comic by posting in its nomination thread.
    3) When complete, the review gets posted here, in the main forum.

Post Reviews Here

Postby Admin » May 25th, 2009, 8:27 pm

Just a friendly reminder that the actual reviews are supposed to be posted in this board. Make sure to include the title of the comic you are reviewing in your topic title.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Post Reviews Here

Postby azureremix » May 26th, 2009, 12:33 am

Oh whoops. :?

But wouldn't it be easier to post reviews in their respected threads since the reviews are aimed towards the comic authors and not everyone else?
azureremix

Postby Admin » May 26th, 2009, 1:24 am

That depends. If the main purpose of giving a review is to provide a full critique of the comic for the author's benefit, then yes. If the main purpose is to create an article-quality review of the comic to possibly entice others to read it, then no. The original intent of this part of the forum was to achieve the latter. However, if the community would rather have a section dedicated to full critiques, it would make more sense to restructure this forum entirely, to better serve that purpose.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby azureremix » May 26th, 2009, 2:16 am

Oh, I see what you saying.

I think it'd be nice to have both critiques and reviews though. : )
azureremix

Postby Imi » May 26th, 2009, 5:41 am

That was supposed to be the point of the self-promotion forum, as far as I was concerned. Except when you ask for crit there, no one ever replies to threads. =/
Imi

Postby DarKlawStudios » May 26th, 2009, 3:05 pm

I did a little bit of critiquing in comic promotions in the old forum, but when people say they want feedback or crit, it's hard to judge who actually wants someone's honest opinion and will use it to improve their work and who will just freak out if one critical thing is said.
Which is a shame, I like trying to help people out and create better comic pages. Often times critiquing someone else's work helps my find and fix errors in my own.

Maybe a compromise? Article quality reviews of the comics in this forum and critique in their respective threads in Nominations? Or a subforum geared specifically toward critique?
DarKlawStudios

Postby SuperBiasedMan » May 26th, 2009, 3:56 pm

Maybe this would be a bit too much work and hard to judge, but maybe the best/most article-y reviews could be moved from where they're being put right now into the main review forum, while the ones that are more like critiques could be left in the request thread.
Snuffan and on a separate occasion, my dad wrote:"don´t be a girls who needs a man, be the girl a man need"

SuperBiasedMan

Postby Admin » May 26th, 2009, 8:11 pm

How about a new board, "Webcomic Critiques" in the Creative Corner category. We'll hold off on article-quality reviews and remove this forum until a larger number of people want to start writing them.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frostwings » May 30th, 2009, 10:36 pm

Hm, I always wanted to write out really thoughtful critiques and reviews of some of the comics I've read over the years. My only question before I do this is, does the comic have to be nominated first? And if it dooes, then I guess I would just nominate it and then write the review...although that sounds a bit silly.
-"Nearl, I'm gonna kill Babar."

-----------------------------------------

Frostwings

Postby dogslaughter » June 17th, 2009, 4:02 am

Can I review my own comic?
dogslaughter

Postby Falconer » June 17th, 2009, 11:11 am

dogslaughter wrote:Can I review my own comic?

Uhhh...I'm going to guess the answer to that would probably be "no" because wouldn't that be just a tad biased and more like trying to promote yourself?
Falconer

Postby dogslaughter » June 17th, 2009, 2:06 pm

Falconer wrote:

Uhhh...I'm going to guess the answer to that would probably be "no" because wouldn't that be just a tad biased and more like trying to promote yourself?

Phef, you don't know me. You wouldn't know if I'd be biased or not.
dogslaughter

Postby Pyroman » June 18th, 2009, 12:52 am

dogslaughter wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Phef, you don't know me. You wouldn't know if I'd be biased or not.

Which would be the exact reason why reviewing your own comic isn't allowed.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pyroman

Postby Kilroywuzheere » June 18th, 2009, 1:20 am

...So umm... Some people may remember me, good ol' Kilroy... Well... I thought I'd get back to reviewing. So can just anyone review any comic nominated? Because I kinda miss doing it. The past 6 months have been... hectic to say the least.

Or shoot me a PM if you were on the list before and I never got to you (sorry about that XD)
Kilroywuzheere

Postby Sorrows Neptune » August 13th, 2009, 3:28 pm

I think this thread should be marked as a sticky.
Sorrows Neptune

Next

Return to Webcomic Reviews