Please review my comic!

Nominate a webcomic for review here. You may suggest your own comic.

Please review my comic!

Postby Zorax12 » April 19th, 2019, 10:44 am

Zorax12

Re: Please review my comic!

Postby eishiya » April 19th, 2019, 11:12 am

This isn't a review, but there are a couple of things that make your comic difficult to read, and thus might discourage readers and reviewers:
- Some of your text is hard to see because it's light colours on a light background. Using darker colours would help a lot! Reading text like this can cause literal headaches for people if they try to binge-read your comic ):
- It's not always clear where your panel borders where, since they're very thin black lines, sometimes separating two panels with similar art. Where the art in adjacent panels is very different, this isn't much of a problem. The conventional remedy for this is to have panel gutters, that is, spaces between panels, in addition to panel borders. That's the method I recommend in this case as it's the clearest. If you don't want gutters for some reason, then employing white borders for dark scenes could also work, although it would be less effective.

Even if your artwork and story are good, if your comic is difficult to read, people will have a hard time sticking with it. It's definitely worth it to put some work into improving that.
Depending on how you do your panelling, adding gutters might not even require much extra effort. I'm guessing you currently use the line tool? If so, try using a thicker line tool in a light colour to place the gutters, and then applying a dark stroke outside of it to create the panel borders. You could even set up a dedicated layer for this in your page template so that the stroke gets applied automatically.
eishiya

Re: Please review my comic!

Postby Zorax12 » April 19th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Thank you! I'll fix these things. ;)
Zorax12

Return to Nominations for Review