Site Redesign Feedback

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

Re: Site Redesign Feedback

Postby eishiya » January 8th, 2017, 9:31 pm

FTON wrote:My comics vanished... ;-;

I see three comics in your profile, are there more missing?
A few months ago, inactive comics with very few pages were deleted, could your comics have been affected by that?
eishiya

Postby FTON » January 9th, 2017, 6:39 am

FTON

Postby Admin » January 9th, 2017, 7:25 am

FTON wrote:http://prntscr.com/dtcbtt

What browser are you using?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby FTON » January 12th, 2017, 4:37 am

Chrome.
FTON

Postby Admin » January 12th, 2017, 3:14 pm

That's odd, there shouldn't be any problems with Chrome. Can you hit Ctrl+Shift+J and take a screenshot of the console that pops up on that page?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby maplebee » January 13th, 2017, 1:23 pm

(Sorry if this has been mentioned, but with 80 posts now it's hard to check through them all)...

It would be nice if the highlighted comics at the top of the mainpage switched slower. There's only enough time to read about 1/2 the description before it switches, and barely time to take in the art.
maplebee

Postby Admin » January 13th, 2017, 4:06 pm

maplebee wrote:(Sorry if this has been mentioned, but with 80 posts now it's hard to check through them all)...

It would be nice if the highlighted comics at the top of the mainpage switched slower. There's only enough time to read about 1/2 the description before it switches, and barely time to take in the art.

You can hover your mouse over the spotlight to pause the slideshow and you can even click and drag to manually change slides. Does that solve your problem, or do you still think it should be slower?
Admin
Site Admin

Postby eishiya » January 13th, 2017, 7:40 pm

When I click the little number that shows how many of my favourites comics have updated, nothing happens, even though hovering over it it shows the "this is a link" cursor. I expect it to open the dropdown or go to the favourites page.
eishiya

Postby Oly-RRR » January 13th, 2017, 10:05 pm

eishiya wrote:it shows the "this is a link" cursor. I expect it to open the dropdown or go to the favourites page.

I had the same impression. :o But turns out you just click on My Favourites as usual and THEN you see the comics with new/unread pages and there's the "Mark as read" button.
You can't compare shooting a stag with lasers to putting on women's clothing!!! - Liz Carr on Ouch!
You know you're overweight when your stab-vest starts riding up and looking a bit like a crop-top... - Alfie Moore
Oly-RRR

Postby acj » January 14th, 2017, 10:20 am

acj wrote:So it was really easy to spot which comic page you hadn't read yet.

Okay, so now there's a "new" marker under the covers of the favorites. This is pretty much what I wished for, because it solves the issue I had. Thank you very much!
acj

Postby Admin » January 14th, 2017, 5:16 pm

acj wrote:
acj wrote:So it was really easy to spot which comic page you hadn't read yet.

Okay, so now there's a "new" marker under the covers of the favorites. This is pretty much what I wished for, because it solves the issue I had. Thank you very much!

Awesome to hear, you're welcome!

And regarding the number not being part of the link, I'll work on fixing that now.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby GOMI » January 17th, 2017, 1:06 am

I just came back to SmackJeeves after years of being gone. I plan on uploading a new comic soon.

I love the new design so far, it feels clean and polished. I also love the new "Readers" feature, which takes in account active members who actually read the comic.
Although, I kind of miss the Fan count display. It would be nice to have the option to display it :? but overall the site looks really good coming back.
GOMI

Postby LilBruno » January 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

What happened to the fan count? I have notifications saying I gained a fan but I don't see at all where this number is displayed? Is it still somewhere and I'm just missing it?
Chelsea A. Bruno
LilBruno Graphics & Illustrations - LilBruno.com
518-796-1290 - chelsea@lilbruno.com
LilBruno

Postby Admin » January 17th, 2017, 1:33 pm

It's still in the stats area but I'm working on bringing it back to comic profiles soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Campion » January 21st, 2017, 5:26 pm

I'm of mixed emotion when it comes to the number of fans. Okay, sure it shows how many *registered* users on SJ like you comic, which shows just how much the community likes a comic, but IMHO, it's a poor metric of popularity since it requires registration to even use. Number of active readers make a better metric, and falls more in line with other analytics methods.

I really hate using my comic to make this point, but on SJ, I have just over 60 favs, which in the grand scheme of SJ comic rankings is pretty poor, and using this method, I would have waded through about 60 or more pages of comics without a direct search just to find it, recently updated aside. Yet, in all fairness, it does reflect the comic's (poor to non-existent) popularity with the community, and my own analytics can confirm this. However, when compared to outside traffic, any SJ traffic usually ends up being a small blip on the radar.
Campion

PreviousNext

Return to News