Poll: My Comics Dropdown

The latest happenings on Smack Jeeves
Forum rules
Please stay on-topic when responding to news posts.

In the My Comics dropdown in the top navbar: Where should the comic cover+title link to?

Poll ended at May 26th, 2017, 1:34 am

Cover should link to Comic Management - the Edit icon should link to Edit Profile
6%
Cover should link to the Comic Profile - the Edit icon should link to Comic Management
94%
Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 49

Poll: My Comics Dropdown

Postby Admin » May 21st, 2017, 1:34 am

A little user experience poll for comic authors. I'm curious which option has the majority.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poll: My Comics Dropdown

Postby midgart » May 21st, 2017, 1:48 am

I'd love to have a quick link to the comic profile in the drop down, personally!
midgart

Postby Quadrant » May 21st, 2017, 4:41 am

I'm not a creator but keep it consistent. Cover to profile, edit button to management.
Quadrant

Postby eishiya » May 21st, 2017, 7:28 am

Consistency is definitely a big part of it - the cover linking to anything other than the profile anywhere feels wrong. Plus, I need the profile much more often than I need Manage, and especially more often than I need Manage Webcomic Profile - that's something I need once every few months, at best.
eishiya

Postby JoKeR » May 21st, 2017, 8:08 am

eishiya wrote:Consistency is definitely a big part of it - the cover linking to anything other than the profile anywhere feels wrong. Plus, I need the profile much more often than I need Manage, and especially more often than I need Manage Webcomic Profile - that's something I need once every few months, at best.

I agree. I was pretty irritated when I tried out the new drop-down menu.

From your comic-profile you get to all the other parts you need thanks to the quick selection drop-down. It's like your home-base.

Edit----------------
Noticed it right now. If an comic on your fav list gets update you click on the cover in the pull-down menu and get to the profile.
But not on your own comics pull-down menu.
That's a suboptimal user guidance.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Admin » May 21st, 2017, 12:31 pm

Alright. I've updated the menu to reflect how people have been voting. Let's see if the other camp comes out of the wood work now, lol.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby JoKeR » May 21st, 2017, 6:37 pm

Admin wrote:Alright. I've updated the menu to reflect how people have been voting. Let's see if the other camp comes out of the wood work now, lol.

Much better and more intuitive. :D

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Return to News