Ore... SANJOU! Kamen Rider Topic!

Ore... SANJOU! Kamen Rider Topic!

Postby Lux-Nero » January 1st, 2012, 2:31 pm

Mind if I string you all along? I simply wish to know if there are people who are fans of Kamen Rider out there, I know there are a few people since there are a few Kamen Rider webcomics on this site, but I wanna know if there are people who are fans of any of the Kamen Riders out there.

As you can tell from my title, I like Den-O! And from my avatar, I'm a fan of W and Skull...

So, count up which riders you like and tell me what you know!
Cute girls, awesome fights, and humor coming out of every which way!

What more could you want?

http://vexinggears.smackjeeves.com/comi ... g-in-july/
Lux-Nero

Re: Ore... SANJOU! Kamen Rider Topic!

Postby Seven Rain » January 1st, 2012, 8:18 pm

I've yet to watch a single series all the way through unless you count the films "The First" and "The Next," but I love Kamen Rider.
I'm too backed up on series of anime and cartoons to watch but when I do get around to Kamen Rider I want to either watch 555 or Kiva. I've watched a little bit of a few different series to see which ones interest me most, and those I like the most out of what I've seen so far, but Kamen Rider W looks interesting. I've seen some of the Rider designs and they look awesome.
Spoiler! :
This picture alone makes me want to watch W.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 1st, 2012, 8:23 pm

I REALLY want to watch this series but I've been running into SO many distractions. I need to bear down and watch it. It looks awesome.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » January 1st, 2012, 8:26 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:I REALLY want to watch this series but I've been running into SO many distractions. I need to bear down and watch it. It looks awesome.

Which one?
Wanting to watch all of them would be admirable but they're pretty much all about 50 episodes long, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 1st, 2012, 8:34 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
RyoSoulreaper wrote:I REALLY want to watch this series but I've been running into SO many distractions. I need to bear down and watch it. It looks awesome.

Which one?
Wanting to watch all of them would be admirable but they're pretty much all about 50 episodes long, haha.

I may wind up watching them all being I think I have that much persistence but if I don't, I may try Kiva or The Special With ZX.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 1st, 2012, 9:29 pm

Personally, I'd suggest Kabuto. Mainly because its one of the newer series, but goes back to Kamen Rider basics.

The last two... OOO and Fourze (which is the current one) are more laid back and funnier.

Kiva is actually pretty awesome too, vampires, werewolves, and amazing music. So go for it. If you wanna find the eps, you can go to TV Nihon to download them.
Lux-Nero

Postby beldon123 » January 1st, 2012, 9:51 pm

HOORAY! More Kamen Rider fans! ^_^

I've seen most all of the Heisei-era series but Agito, Ryuki, Blade and Hibiki, and I'm in the middle of watching The origonal Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider V3. Well, them and Fourze. :3 My favorite so far is hands down OOO though.

I'm actualy a huge tokusatsu fan period, not just Kamen Rider. Super Sentai, Tomika Hero, Madan Senki Ryukendo, Uchuu Keiji Gavan, Uchuu Tetsujin Kyodain, Kiketsu Zubat, etc. Never really got into Ultraman though. :/
Raidaaaah... Hen-SHIN!
beldon123

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 1st, 2012, 10:29 pm

So I watched an episode of Kiva and bits and pieces of other series.

What the fuck was I thinking procrastinating Kamen Rider?
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Lux-Nero » January 1st, 2012, 10:56 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:So I watched an episode of Kiva and bits and pieces of other series.

What the fuck was I thinking procrastinating Kamen Rider?

lol, Yeah, I know how that is. Kiva was the first Kamen Rider I watched... And I only learned about it due to me hearing some of the kick ass music - Supernova by Tetrafang, the theme song for Kiva's ultimate kick ass form!

Kiva is awesome its all like "I'm not only going to kick you into the ground, I'm going to turn night into day and color the moon red and kick you!"

Although, If anyone's for humor, Den-O's the way to go!

Lux-Nero

Postby Seven Rain » January 2nd, 2012, 12:19 am

I still suggest the hell out of Kamen Rider The First to those who've yet to watch it. It's not only a great movie in general but also a great entry point since it sort of reboots the original series into a much shorter film, full of great action and better production values than the insanely oldshool original series.

The Next was alright too, but I felt like they tried a bit too hard to make it partially horror instead of just sticking to action with a dash of romance. Still worth a watch though, since it continues right after The First.
Seven Rain

Postby The Bearded Man » January 2nd, 2012, 1:09 am

Seven Rain wrote:I still suggest the hell out of Kamen Rider The First to those who've yet to watch it. It's not only a great movie in general but also a great entry point since it sort of reboots the original series into a much shorter film, full of great action and better production values than the insanely oldshool original series.

The Next was alright too, but I felt like they tried a bit too hard to make it partially horror instead of just sticking to action with a dash of romance. Still worth a watch though, since it continues right after The First.

So, watching the two movies would allow me to skip the older episodes? From which of the series?
The Bearded Man

Postby RyoSoulreaper » January 2nd, 2012, 1:15 am

I have a Torrent from the GC forums that the local Kamen Rider fan sent me of The First. I'll watch it when I finish Kiva.

W looks cool too so I'll get to that later on down the road too.

EDIT: From what I read the movies pretty much span through the whole Shōwa era. So it covers the series from Like the 70's and 80's.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » January 2nd, 2012, 2:04 am

The Bearded Man wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I still suggest the hell out of Kamen Rider The First to those who've yet to watch it. It's not only a great movie in general but also a great entry point since it sort of reboots the original series into a much shorter film, full of great action and better production values than the insanely oldshool original series.

So, watching the two movies would allow me to skip the older episodes? From which of the series?

Basically "The First" is a retelling/reboot of the very first Kamen Rider. Not 100% on whether "The Next" is based on the original series or not but it's a direct sequel to The First nonetheless.
I wouldn't call it skipping as much as it makes a good substitute, especially if you have a low threshold for 70's production values and/or 98 episode long series.
Seven Rain

Postby Lux-Nero » January 2nd, 2012, 7:48 am

There's also Kamen Rider Shin... Which was sort of an OVA Kamen rider.

Anyway, from the older series... I like Kamen Rider Strong and Kamen Rider Black, they both had their finer points. But yeah, watching the movies would be a good idea.

The one series that I wanna watch is Blade, but I haven't been able to get a chance to do so.

Lux-Nero

Postby The Bearded Man » January 2nd, 2012, 1:38 pm

So basically, if I started watching the latest series, there would be references to the older ones that I wouldn't get? (Or maybe they make short recaps?)
The Bearded Man

Next

Return to TV & Movies