How To Train Your Dragon 2

How To Train Your Dragon 2

Postby Captain Ghost » June 16th, 2014, 1:36 am

Oh man.
My brother went last Friday. He's a super fanboy of it all, though -- the tv series and the movies.
He couldn't stop gushing about it...

Myself, I just finished catching up to the end of the second season for the series on Friday, then went to see it today.
It made it all the more... I'm not even sure how to describe it. I just let myself get caught in it completely.

I think I loved the Toothless/Hiccup interaction the most, and just... the flying in general, yeah (: ... It was beautiful to look at, also. Facial cues stood out, as well.
...I definitely cried a few times.

It felt like it went by too fast, in some ways, but it didn't dilly dally? Maybe that was just me wanting more.
This was definitely a Hiccup n Toothless show though, which is... okay by me? The others got some cool moments but that duo easily stole the limelight, haha~

Anybody else see it yet? Thoughts?
Captain Ghost

Re: How To Train Your Dragon 2

Postby Vitotamito » June 16th, 2014, 2:02 am

1. I thought Kit Harrington was Jude Law the whole time. I didn't know he could sound anything but dumb and Jon Snow-ish.
2. I really enjoyed the shots where people were talking and dragons were interacting in the background.
3. The movie was sweet.
4. The Alphas were badassfully designed.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Melody-Pika » July 30th, 2014, 11:06 am

I loved this movie so much! The music, animations, and characters were so fantastic...I nearly got whiplash from that scene near the middle where it changes from a happy family to a nest under attack.

Was anyone else creeped out by mind-controlled Toothless? I thought he looked like a zombie o_o

The finale was just plain awesome...and remember, Toothless is handicapped and still has some growing to do, things to learn. Imagine what a fully-fledged Night Fury could do at top physical condition!

As sequels go, this one was the best I've ever seen. Keep it up, Dreamworks, and don't disappoint us with #3. -u-
Um...hi? I write Mystery Dungeon: Rising Storm and I'm the creator of SparkStory. I'm a blossoming artist, amateur spriter, and adept roleplayer. I love Kirby, Pokemon, TF2, writing, drawing, and singing.
Melody-Pika

Postby Rehab Bunny » July 30th, 2014, 1:41 pm

I cried. On the inside of course.
Rehab Bunny

Postby FriendlyNeighborhoodWriterMan » April 18th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Absolutely stunning movie for sure. Everyone wants a Toothless. I love how much they allowed Hiccup to age, it was a risk worth taking.

Hiccup and Astrid are one of my sister's favorite ships of all time, so yeah.
Last edited by eishiya on April 18th, 2019, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't link to your comic in your posts. You can use the Self-Promotion forum and your signature for that.
FriendlyNeighborhoodWriterMan

Postby Reiz16 » June 25th, 2019, 7:41 pm

I saw the 1st movie and some of the 2nd. I liked the 1st. :)
[url]https://mail.yahoo.com/d/search/name=Tam%2520Lan%2520Ba&referrer=contactDetails&emailAddresses=sakumiraagashi%2540gmail.com&listContentType=IMAGES&listFilter=FROM&contactIds=f7f8.23a8/messages/AAjzekgLBPYKXRNLygPcSCkNHuI/AAjzekgLBPYKXRNLygPcSCkNHuI:2?guccounter=1&fullscreen=1Image[/url]
Reiz16

Return to TV & Movies