SAMURAI JACK IS BACK

SAMURAI JACK IS BACK

Postby flyingtoast » December 2nd, 2015, 3:09 pm

"Adult Swim is excited to announce that JACK IS BACK. Creator and executive producer Genndy Tartakovsky continues the epic story of Samurai Jack with a new season that will premiere on Adult Swim’s Toonami block in 2016.

The new season is currently in production in Los Angeles at Cartoon Network Studios."
flyingtoast

Re: SAMURAI JACK IS BACK

Postby Seven Rain » December 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

Friend told me about it earlier and I immediately had to look it up and find out if it's just bringing back reruns or actual new episodes, and holy shit I'm hype.
Sonic-ock wrote:
Tacbot Unit-89 wrote:Wheres the swear jar.

Look, I'll say whatever the HECK I want whenever I dingle DARN well please!
Seven Rain

Postby Solaran » December 2nd, 2015, 4:28 pm

Arrghh! Another series I've been dying to watch but haven't found the time to do so. All I've caught is a couple of episodes here and there, but they've been goooooood. Really need to find the time to hunker down with some popcorn and binge watch the entire series so I'm prepared for the new episodes. <3
Solaran

Postby mitchellbravo » December 2nd, 2015, 4:30 pm

omg
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Postby gun21 » December 2nd, 2015, 6:12 pm

Here's hoping they don't redesign all the characters and animation to look like some kind of Johnny Test/ Mucha Lucha Adobe Flash looking shit.
gun21

Postby walkin_talkin_apocolyps » December 5th, 2015, 11:09 am

i never actually liked samurai jack so i hope i do this time around
walkin_talkin_apocolyps

Samurai Jack

Postby AuroraArt » March 21st, 2016, 9:41 pm

One of the reasons why I wanted to create my own stories. Samurai Jack was an awesome cartoon from Cartoon Network. And an inspiration. It taught good lessons and made you feel that you were on the journey with Jack. No matter what obstacles he faced, we always rooted for the samurai.

Now... It's coming back this year! What were your favorite episodes? What did you like about Samurai Jack?
AuroraArt

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » June 15th, 2016, 9:34 am

I certainly hope this wraps up the series after all these years.
GreenRaptorStudios

Postby gun21 » March 19th, 2017, 1:36 am

Watch the second episode of the new season.

They seriously upped the animation for these new episodes. Overall the content is *much* darker. The world is a lot darker in the 50 year time skip. Jack is in a much worse place than he was in the beginning of the series just from a mental health perspective, and everything is much bleaker. Meanwhile, Aku is literally the same goofy cartoon demon dude.

gun21

Postby Seven Rain » March 19th, 2017, 3:07 am

I really like how they made it darker and more mature without it feeling forced or overly edgy. It simply feels like the show is able to let loose with things that were suppressed by prime time CN. I don't think the full effect of that dawned on me until the subtle hinting towards seppuku.

I'm also really satisfied with the new Aku voice. He's definitely not Mako, but I like how it has it's own flavor instead of purely trying to emulate the original voice. I think before hearing it I was hoping for a carbon copy, but after watching that scene I'm really pumped on it.
Sonic-ock wrote:

Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » May 21st, 2017, 3:44 am

It ended tonight.

I was honestly kinda caught off-guard by the final episode. The pacing was... Definitely abrupt. Can't say whether it was good or bad but maybe it could've used one more episode to stretch things out a bit. I'd hate to call it rushed, but maybe it was.
The closing scene made up for it, though. The weight of it all hit me like a ton of bricks right there, similar to the feeling I had finishing Dark Souls, where my emotions were frozen until hearing the menu music after the credits had rolled.

I guess another odd comparison would be the ending to Klay World. A sudden dark, hard-hitting ending to a goofy series of videos that went years without closure. It feels way different than finishing an anime or movie or something. Having a childhood cartoon/work rise from the grave and smash you with a potent ending is a surreal feeling that's hard to forget.
Sonic-ock wrote:

Seven Rain

Return to TV & Movies