Star Wars VII **POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Star Wars VII **POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Postby mitchellbravo » December 19th, 2015, 10:36 pm

C'mon we're all geeks here who else has seen it already? I went into it totally blind having seen no trailers, just a few promo images/posters and stuff, and I was really amazed by it. Hoping to see it again soon, then eventually to watch the originals again so I can see where it falls in my order of favorites.

Harrison Ford having aged so much was at once weirdly devastating but also totally perfect for who the character has become in the time since the sixth movie.
Idk what I was expecting Mini-Vader to look like but I was picturing someone totally different from the actual guy so when he took his mask off in the first reveal I actually laughed out loud in the theater.

Spoiler! :
When the Han & Leia theme was playing at the end of the movie when Leia and Rey hug each other ;;;;;;;;;;
Last edited by eishiya on December 19th, 2015, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Avoid f-bombs when possible, please~ Rule 1.2.
oly: we draw stories about imaginary people
Do not feet infants to honey under one year of age.
me: Posh, Baby, Sporty, and Scary Ham
robybang: Together they're Spiced Ham
mitchellbravo

Re: Star Wars VII **POTENTIAL SPOILERS**

Postby Vitotamito » December 21st, 2015, 2:30 pm

I saw it and podcasted about it already.

It was amazing. Everything I wanted. I cried.

Only complaint is that:

Spoiler! :
It felt like they really rushed the ending to get to Luke before the movie ended. I'd have liked to see more than just a montage.

Also, thoughts on future movies:

Spoiler! :
They really packed this movie with references to the original, which is great, but I'm excited to see if the next couple can hold their own without just constantly referencing the original. I'm excited to see what new stuff they can bring to the table. This movie was almost shot for shot A New Hope, so we'll see if the next one is a shot for shot Empire, or something entirely new.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby mitchellbravo » December 21st, 2015, 7:40 pm

Vitotamito wrote:
Only complaint is that:

Spoiler! :
It felt like they really rushed the ending to get to Luke before the movie ended. I'd have liked to see more than just a montage.

Spoiler! :
I felt the ending was the weakest part of the film. Just those last couple of minutes. The Rey/Leia hug was poignant but the surrounding few minutes like you said felt rushed. I think it would have been better off with her just heading out rather than ending on him. On the one hand I get why they did it (gotta cram Mark Hammill into the film so that fans can look forward to seeing him and such) but I don't think it was necessary on its own.

Also, I think Finn coulda used a kiss on the lips at some point in the movie, though they avoided even having Han and Leia kiss so maybe they were just sidestepping any kisses at all. But a girl can dream.

Spoiler! :
They really packed this movie with references to the original, which is great, but I'm excited to see if the next couple can hold their own without just constantly referencing the original. I'm excited to see what new stuff they can bring to the table. This movie was almost shot for shot A New Hope, so we'll see if the next one is a shot for shot Empire, or something entirely new.

Spoiler! :
I feel like I have no idea where they are going to go with movies 8 and 9, but it doesn't really make a difference since I'm gonna end up seeing them anyway, lol.

It's been super cute talking to my kids for whom this was their first time seeing Star Wars at the movie theater :3 Lots of them hadn't seen all 6 extant movies yet, and there was a lot of talk about "catching up" and telling me which order they watched in (seemed to be split 50/50 between kids who watched story-chronological vs. release-chronological. )
mitchellbravo

Postby lalaland » December 22nd, 2015, 3:19 am

Heck yeah, I'll join in on this! :D

About Mini-Vader's Looks:
Spoiler! :
I actually saw videos of the actor during events before seeing his unmasking in the movie. So, I have a bit of a different introduction to his face and hair style. But, in the movie, I thought he looked like a legit grandchild of Anakin with black hair.

Couldn't figure out what to label these next two. x'D

Spoiler! :
It felt like they really rushed the ending to get to Luke before the movie ended... This movie was almost shot for shot A New Hope, so we'll see if the next one is a shot for shot Empire, or something entirely new.

Spoiler! :
I actually liked that they rushed the ending because not only was it shot-for-shot A New Hope, but now it covered a good amount of Empire as well. But that's cause I kind of am looking for newer material next time. They seemed to be hinting at stuff they might expand on: the mythos and developing the dark/light side.

Spoiler! :
Also, I think Finn coulda used a kiss on the lips at some point in the movie, though they avoided even having Han and Leia kiss so maybe they were just sidestepping any kisses at all. But a girl can dream.

Spoiler! :
Ehhhhhh. I would like to see more development between Finn and Rey (or Poe since they joked about it in interviews xD) before I'd support that. I was just really digging the great friendships between the three of them. But yeah, the Hans/Leia not kissing was kind of sad, but at least they got a hug. :D
Image Image
lalaland

Postby gun21 » December 22nd, 2015, 12:43 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
Spoiler! :
I feel like I have no idea where they are going to go with movies 8 and 9, but it doesn't really make a difference since I'm gonna end up seeing them anyway, lol.

My guess is

Spoiler! :
They will follow the same kind of emotional beats that were in the original trilogy and stick to those pretty closely. Kylo Ren will return in the second film having completed his Sith Training, and will take the place of Apprentice besides Snoke as his Master, as opposed to being a simple "Knight of Ren." This means he will be more menacing and cause more havoc towards the good guys. Rei will undergo Yoda-Training with Luke. Meanwhile Finn will wake up, and him and the rest of the gang will have some adventure that eventually links up with Ren. If they can get him, Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando Cal-fucking-rissian and in the process, make the movie 5000 times more baller. They will run into Ren, who will kidnap them or something. This time, instead of sending Rei Alone, Luke will go with her to save them. Luke will confront Ren and have a fan pleasing lightsaber duel. Something happens to give Ren the advantage, my guess being that Snoke teams up with him or something. Luke gets mortally wounded. In a twist on the original, Luke will have the "I am your father moment" (YOU KNOW DISNEY CAN NOT RESIST THIS. SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.) Then they'll all run away, and credits.
gun21

Postby Vitotamito » December 23rd, 2015, 10:55 pm

gun21 wrote:
mitchellbravo wrote:
Spoiler! :

My guess is

Spoiler! :
They will follow the same kind of emotional beats that were in the original trilogy and stick to those pretty closely. Kylo Ren will return in the second film having completed his Sith Training, and will take the place of Apprentice besides Snoke as his Master, as opposed to being a simple "Knight of Ren." This means he will be more menacing and cause more havoc towards the good guys. Rei will undergo Yoda-Training with Luke. Meanwhile Finn will wake up, and him and the rest of the gang will have some adventure that eventually links up with Ren. If they can get him, Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando Cal-fucking-rissian and in the process, make the movie 5000 times more baller. They will run into Ren, who will kidnap them or something. This time, instead of sending Rei Alone, Luke will go with her to save them. Luke will confront Ren and have a fan pleasing lightsaber duel. Something happens to give Ren the advantage, my guess being that Snoke teams up with him or something. Luke gets mortally wounded. In a twist on the original, Luke will have the "I am your father moment" (YOU KNOW DISNEY CAN NOT RESIST THIS. SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.) Then they'll all run away, and credits.

Spoiler! :
My predictions?

Fin is Lando's Kid.

Kylo Ren is the chosen one, and he'll be the one to kill Snookie, and he just had to go all out and plant himself firmly into the Dark Side by committing Patricide. He's gonna finish what Vader started and bring balance to the force.

I don't think Rey is Luke's kid.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby mitchellbravo » December 23rd, 2015, 10:59 pm

Spoiler! :
My mom and I feel like Finn is Lando's kid or at least related to him somehow. And Rey must be somebody's kid.
mitchellbravo

Postby Vitotamito » December 23rd, 2015, 11:43 pm

mitchellbravo wrote:
Spoiler! :
My mom and I feel like Finn is Lando's kid or at least related to him somehow. And Rey must be somebody's kid.

Spoiler! :
I think Rey is Lor San Tekka's son. I know, he's like, on Jakku already why wouldn't he be with his Daughter? I don't know. But that's what I think. I think he was secretly watching out for her or something. I don't know. But my gut says maybe.

You know, the guy who got iced at the beginning of the movie who was a surprisingly well-known actor for getting killed so quick:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka

Vitotamito

Return to TV & Movies