Films that made you think

Re: Films that made you think

Postby Zombait58 » September 4th, 2018, 12:07 am

Birdman (Alexandro Inarritu, 2014)

This film changed everything for me.
Zombait58

Postby Paulie Blade » September 4th, 2018, 11:45 am

I wanted to post in this thread and after some thinking I came to realization that "making me think" is actually not something I look for regarding films :o I suppose I prefer being stimulated emotionally rather than intellectually (in case of films, or art in general, that is). I like feeling devastated after a seance. Lately, No Country For Old Men achieved this.
Paulie Blade

Postby GreenRaptorStudios » September 4th, 2018, 12:04 pm

I've had lots of thoughts on Phantom of the Opera lately, it's technically a stage play but I've been watching movie adaptations. The piece has made me think that presentation is sometimes more important than perfect story. The story has a number of flaws, but it's got beautiful music and lovely sets that help make it enticing and can make up for the lack of story. Course I get this way with a number of movies and tv shows and stuff, soon I've got this whole philosophy on work that nobody else seems able to see.
GreenRaptorStudios

Postby Quillpen » September 4th, 2018, 10:58 pm

“It’s a wonderful life”. An old film about miricles Of Christmas but also about how one should be thankful for what they’ve got. It’s such a good film and it reminds me that all things are precious. I have influenced many lives in good ways and I hope I can do that again and again. You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone- so appreciate everything.
Quillpen

Postby Bibliobee » September 4th, 2018, 11:15 pm

I don't know if it counts or not - it's a miniseries rather than a film - but North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (based on a book). The show was definitely billed as a romantic series, but it actually covered some very deep material on subjects prevalent at the turn of the century. It covers a great deal about union workers, separation of class, and the invent of the modern textile industry. There's a lot of information out there that we kind of gloss over, but reading and watching this particular adaptation really got me thinking about real-world motives and dealing with change the shifting world and changing your world perspective. It's a great Romance with room for deep thinking.
Bibliobee

Postby simplykit19 » December 27th, 2018, 2:51 pm

forest gump
simplykit19

Previous

Return to TV & Movies