You guys... watching my little pony

Re: You guys... watching my little pony

Postby Warlin » January 20th, 2011, 2:19 am

I'd like to reciprocate part of Erdgeist's statement. I watched an episode.
I'm not going to lie, it was great and it made me chuckle, but I'm not a big cartoon watcher anyways.
If you are, though, don't let the pink fool you, it's actually pretty clever. Or at least funny.
I'm starting a tumblr. I hear that's what the cool kids do. I would not mind if you click on it, but be gentle.
Warlin

Postby Vitotamito » January 20th, 2011, 2:23 am

As a guy who used to play with My Little Pony dolls as a kid with my friend Megan, I can say that I'm glad they've finally made a version of it that does it justice. Not only that, but the design of everything in the show is stellar.

Now, if only they'd let a 5-year-old write an episode and have it be a crossover between all of the shows on that channel. Imagine the possibilities! Imagine what a little kid could come up with! (I'm hoping for aFleetwood Mac-style Pinkie Pie/Optimus Prime/Strawberry Shortcake/Cobra Commander love square, and in the end, they'd manage to keep the band together and play their gig at the Littlest Pet shop)

EDIT: And if anyone wants to collaborate on that as a comic, I'm so down as long as I get to draw Pinkie.

EDIT EDIT: Oh shit! I didn't realize that Atomic Betty was still around. The Hub, I need you. I need you so hard.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 20th, 2011, 3:30 am

Twilight Sparkle only gets to take one other pony to the Grand Galloping Gala? There'd better be a lesson or something involved here, because otherwise that's rather bitchy of the Princess.

-goes back to watching-
[Sketchbook][Deviant Display Case]
Also, spell-check just replaved "crecit" with "fervid," yet did nothing about "replaved." I wonder if I can downloaf a new dictionary.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Sonic-ock » January 20th, 2011, 11:36 am

Ddraigeneth wrote:Twilight Sparkle only gets to take one other pony to the Grand Galloping Gala? There'd better be a lesson or something involved here, because otherwise that's rather bitchy of the Princess.

-goes back to watching-

I think it just turns out to be an oversight.
Busy, busy.
Sonic-ock

Postby Inxerene » January 20th, 2011, 11:46 am

If I were to make a pony, he'd be named Fruitcake. He'll be so FABULOUS, even fabulous wouldn't describe him.
My Pokemon comic. It updates daily.. hopefully.
Of Myths and Legends

Inxerene

Postby kotor » January 20th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I just watched an episode, it was...interesting. Apparently developing a tattoo on your butt is a metaphor for hitting puberty.

Also, I was a little shocked by the scene where one pony stuck her head in the oven. Don't try this at home, kids!
kotor

Postby Inxerene » January 20th, 2011, 1:57 pm

kotor wrote:I just watched an episode, it was...interesting. Apparently developing a tattoo on your butt is a metaphor for hitting puberty.

Also, I was a little shocked by the scene where one pony stuck her head in the oven. Don't try this at home, kids!

Also, the show shows alot of pony butt scenes, especially Fluttershy's butt. They have this weird butt fetish or something.
My Pokemon comic. It updates daily.. hopefully.
Of Myths and Legends

Inxerene

Postby tezzle » January 20th, 2011, 2:06 pm

Inxerene wrote:They have this weird butt fetish or something.

I have no idea what you're talking about...
Spoiler! :
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby YakkitySax » January 20th, 2011, 3:05 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:
DragonHat wrote:Applejack guarding my game of Apples to Apples

-approves-

Of course, we know exactly what Yakkity's pony would look like.

Spoiler! :

ASDFLKSJFHDSHKSHGKSA...

-rides off into the sunset on the octo-pony-

Do they have the aquatic ponies on the new MLP? I haven't gotten very far into the episodes and I remember in the original that there were a couple.
I love you, spam bots.
jan83fry wrote:It's my pleasure to get an opportunity to discuss in this reputed forum. I love seeing people thrive online. It's such a great opportunity I have today.

My Sketchbook
YakkitySax

Postby Seven Rain » January 20th, 2011, 3:15 pm

EPIC AVATAR MATERIAL EPIC AVATAR MATERIAL!

Do it, Yakkity!
Amante wrote:Ah yes and that god awful noise it made. EEERRHEAHDAHSNKNFANSFNASAKKFP

Spoiler! :
Seven Rain

Postby tezzle » January 20th, 2011, 3:27 pm

YakkitySax wrote:Do they have the aquatic ponies on the new MLP? I haven't gotten very far into the episodes and I remember in the original that there were a couple.

Sea-ponies? XD Most fans don't even like bringing them up...Though they'll probably eventually be introduced. Faust will find some way to make them awesome.
I'm Tooch now.
tezzle

Postby Sonic-ock » January 20th, 2011, 6:04 pm

tezzle wrote:
Inxerene wrote:They have this weird butt fetish or something.

I have no idea what you're talking about...
Spoiler! :

"Secret BUTT FUN!"
Busy, busy.
Sonic-ock

Postby Nymine » January 20th, 2011, 6:11 pm

I liked the seaponies. :c But then again I think I was just a collection freak and everything that was associated with MLP I'd do crazy amounts of chores to obtain. I'm a little sad that Rarity is horribly obnoxious. The pony she was based off of was one of my favorites(until I got Magic Hat). I'm totally in your debt to alerting me to this show, Tezzle.

If I could make a pony she'd be bright red with longish ears, pink spots and a cutie mark of a gear and a running bunny. I've been thinking of this for a very long time.

Vitotamito wrote:As a guy who used to play with My Little Pony dolls as a kid with my friend Megan, I can say that I'm glad they've finally made a version of it that does it justice. Not only that, but the design of everything in the show is stellar.

Now, if only they'd let a 5-year-old write an episode and have it be a crossover between all of the shows on that channel. Imagine the possibilities! Imagine what a little kid could come up with! (I'm hoping for aFleetwood Mac-style Pinkie Pie/Optimus Prime/Strawberry Shortcake/Cobra Commander love square, and in the end, they'd manage to keep the band together and play their gig at the Littlest Pet shop)

EDIT: And if anyone wants to collaborate on that as a comic, I'm so down as long as I get to draw Pinkie.

EDIT EDIT: Oh shit! I didn't realize that Atomic Betty was still around. The Hub, I need you. I need you so hard.

...I kind of want to take you up on that offer, Vito. Dibs on CC.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Sonic-ock » January 20th, 2011, 6:15 pm

Vitotamito wrote:EDIT: And if anyone wants to collaborate on that as a comic, I'm so down as long as I get to draw Pinkie.

I don't know if I'm down with a scenario in which I don't get to draw my pony waifu.
Busy, busy.
Sonic-ock

Postby Vitotamito » January 20th, 2011, 7:10 pm

Sonic-ock wrote:
Vitotamito wrote:EDIT: And if anyone wants to collaborate on that as a comic, I'm so down as long as I get to draw Pinkie.

I don't know if I'm down with a scenario in which I don't get to draw my pony waifu.

Okay, if it pleases the masses we could do a collaborative comic where we each take turns drawing a page, that way nobody will feel left out from drawing their favorites.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7139

Official Collaboration Thread.
Last edited by Vitotamito on January 20th, 2011, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic-ock wrote:Prepare yourself for the gay adventures of Kuro the dragonwolf and Shiro the wolfdragon.

Vitotamito

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Movies