The Amazing World of Gumball

Re: The Amazing World of Gumball

Postby JoKeR » February 12th, 2017, 6:14 pm

Mega resurrection !!

I watched it in English... since 2013 and I'm a big fan of this show, but...

Season 1 was a good start and very fun. I laughed my ass off.
Season 2 was even better. All this little improvements and movie references.
Season 3 was awesome ... The episode where the voice actors got replaced was sad and joyful at the same time.
Season 4 was still fun and got some more Dadaism. The last episode and the first of season 5 was fantastic.
Season 5 first half until the winter break was... ok ...many recycled jokes but also new fun stuff. But now, after the break...

What happened? Not a single episode where I could laugh ...here and there a little smile but mostly just awkward watching.
The new voice actors for the main protagonists are doing a great job but the stories are dull and all the protagonists are absolutely out of character. It's like watching a rip-off.
Really, what happened?

And in before "you got used to it, that's why you can't laugh any more."
No, I still have fun watching all other seasons... if I watch a episode which I haven't seen for a longer time I laugh instantly.
But those last episodes of season 5 where not fun at all.

-=: jokercologne.deviantart twitter.com/JoKeRcologne joker-cologne.tumblr :=-

Expect the unexpected. Never take anything for granted. Scrutinise everything. Be open-minded. Learn.
JoKeR

Postby Jpolte » July 24th, 2017, 7:44 pm

I'm still excited/scared that they're doing a "crossover" with DHMIS
Jpolte

Postby EmperorWalrusComics » July 18th, 2018, 12:48 am

Definitely one of CN's better comedies.
I can usually recall about two or three really great jokes from each episode and some of the concepts are really creative.
I also want to know how the writers went this long without experiencing any severe burnout.
EmperorWalrusComics

Postby Quillpen » July 20th, 2018, 11:16 am

Okay this show is one of the most whole shows out there. I hate using the world woke for anything but this show. The characters are awesome, they brought together a huge variety of animation and voice acting, and they constantly address social issues. In one episode, they were able to simultaneously address the issues of cheating on a loved one (Richard is thought to be cheating on Nicole) and then society’s judgment and gender separation. It also kind of addressed the views on transgender people that other people have. That’s only one of the examples- it’s a great mix of comedy and serious tones. Also, Darwin and Carrie forever.
Quillpen

Previous

Return to TV & Movies