Postby DragonHat » October 15th, 2012, 9:29 pm

god that episode just

hit me right in the heart

and the face

and the face of my heart
DragonHat

Re: Adventure Time

Postby SushiGummy » October 16th, 2012, 3:08 am

Seriously, the last three minutes alone of "I Remember You" are beyond words.

Spoiler! :
I haven't come this close to crying in a long time. Between Marceline desperately trying to bring Simon back and those few seconds where, for the first time, Ice King showed true concern, the episode just blew me away. Followed by the last scene where it's implied that Simon spent his last days of sanity with Marceline, acting as a father to her, and giving her Hambo, which was previously said to be her favorite thing in the world.

I cannot get over how amazingly good this episode is.
SushiGummy

Postby NecrocyCorps » October 16th, 2012, 10:05 pm

The latest episode of Adventure Time was so depressing. Showing how alzheimer's and dementia can really affect people and their family (Well it was used as a metaphor anyway).

Here's my analysis of the whole situation.
Spoiler! :
Simon Petrikov had held onto the enchiridion, the hero's handbook, unveiling it as an ancient artifact to the modern press. The discovery wasn't responded to very well and the enchiridion was considered just a silly text, so Simon decided to look for more ancient artifacts, ones that would aid in his career. In northern Scandinavia he had met an old dock worker that sold him a jeweled crown that seemed like normal jewelry at first. After putting it on in an attempt to entertain his fiance, Betty, strange things started happen to his mind. Betty had left Simon after he showed more symptoms of strange occurrences of the crown, and eventually he was left alone. At that point he felt there was nothing else to do but record the stages of crown symptoms. It was at the point where Simon had dull blue skin, grayish long hair and a short beard that the Mushroom War had begun and ended. Simon had set out to check for any last signs of civilization and along the way he met a young Marceline who had lost her way out of the nightosphere, crying because she was all alone. He couldn't just leave her there, so he went to the wreckage of a local toy store and handed her a pinkish red bear doll to cheer her up, a doll she would later call "Hambo". She loved it, and eventually accepted Simon as a friend. With no one else to take care of her, Simon had decided to act as her guardian for quite possibly several years, recording the stages of his insanity still, along with keeping photos of Marceline to remember her by. He knew that the crown would eventually take over, and that he would no longer remember her, so he left notes to tell her he's sorry for everything he might do and so she would understand when she was older. Once Simon was too far gone, he seperated from Marceline and reclaimed the wreckage of his old home, in which he left his final recording of him writhing in fear and regret over the crown and his lost fiance. At that point, Simon forgot who he was, and covered the entire land in frost, creating the Ice Kingdom. Marceline was left alone again, but she had grown tougher despite her child like stature, possibly because Simon had told her about what would happen. She still wasn't able to properly take care of herself, evident by Hambo's lack of color meaning she had eaten the red out of him to prevent sarvation. After a while she eventually came across her father again and was taught how to live on her own once she was in her teens (in vampire years that is). Marceline had grown up to understand Simon's words and had to accept that the fatherly figure she looked up to was gone, and was instead replaced by the wacky indecisive person that is now Ice King.

I have a bad feeling about next episode.....
Spoiler! :
The preview showed Finn having visions of the Lich, implying that he must have done something with the enchiridion the bear received. Maybe this will show the actual importance of the enchiridion and the importance of Simon's discovery of it along with the Mushroom War.
NecrocyCorps

Postby DragonHat » October 17th, 2012, 4:19 pm

mmm im catchin up on in between episodes rn

and i was looking on wikipedia for titles and i saw that in the next fionna and cake episode... marshall lee is gonna be donald glover??? im so happy suddenly i care way more about this episode.
DragonHat

Postby NecrocyCorps » October 17th, 2012, 4:49 pm

DragonHat wrote:mmm im catchin up on in between episodes rn

and i was looking on wikipedia for titles and i saw that in the next fionna and cake episode... marshall lee is gonna be donald glover??? im so happy suddenly i care way more about this episode.

We finally get some words out of Marshal instead of just a "rock on" sign.
Dat's sum happy news.
NecrocyCorps

Postby Afrohawkman » October 22nd, 2012, 6:52 pm

Wh-wh-wh-...WHAT. WHAT JUST...HUH? WH-BUH-HUH-...

What just happened?! D:
Afrohawkman

Postby moonwaves » October 29th, 2012, 11:14 am

DragonHat wrote:mmm im catchin up on in between episodes rn

DragonHat wrote: marshall lee is gonna be donald glover???

DragonHat wrote: donald glover

This is going to be amazing.

also side note what's everybody opinion about the lich episode? For me it was definitely different then what I expected it to be.

moonwaves

Postby Tailsgod » October 29th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Just marathoned through Adventure Time...
I remember you... what an amazing episode
Tailsgod

Postby Mr Aids » October 29th, 2012, 8:05 pm

moonwaves wrote:
DragonHat wrote: marshall lee is gonna be donald glover???

DragonHat wrote: donald glover

This is going to be amazing.

also side note what's everybody opinion about the lich episode? For me it was definitely different then what I expected it to be.

Agreed.

I feel it was quite anti-climatic, I was expecting some huge showdown, but that might happen next season.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby moonwaves » October 30th, 2012, 4:04 pm

I was expecting a huge showdown too, then when I saw the episode I was like wha-

I wonder if Billy is dead or not.

moonwaves

Postby DragonHat » October 30th, 2012, 4:20 pm

have you guys seen the promo??

shits gonna get the MOST REAL i'm so pumped.
DragonHat

Postby MacSimon » October 30th, 2012, 4:34 pm

Really intrigued about Lumpy Space Princess right now.

JK, FINN BABY WHERE'RE YOU!?
MacSimon

Postby Tailsgod » November 3rd, 2012, 12:54 am

So excited
Tailsgod

Postby Tailsgod » November 3rd, 2012, 11:01 am

Sorry for the double post but I just found out that an episode in season 5 is titled "Simon and Marcy"

FJKglkgslkghslkgklwetl
I'm so excited
Tailsgod

Postby Afrohawkman » November 3rd, 2012, 12:15 pm

Tailsgod wrote:Sorry for the double post but I just found out that an episode in season 5 is titled "Simon and Marcy"

FJKglkgslkghslkgklwetl
I'm so excited

HOLY SHI-

WHAT EPISODE ARE WE ON NOW?!
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to TV & Movies