Pokemon: Sword & Shield!

Re: Pokemon: Sword & Shield!

Postby HalfAssedChaos » June 12th, 2019, 9:26 am

Yeah I try to look on the bright side of most things, but having some pokemon just not in it is a rooouuuugh move. My favorites are pretty much already there and confirmed, but I feel really bad for people whose favorites don't make the cut.

I'm interested in seeing a new meta come to the battles online though. Still, all the pokemon should be there. They are reusing 3DS models and animations, even if we can't find them on the overworld, they should still be able to be transferred.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby pixlyJolt » June 18th, 2019, 7:21 pm

You all do know that Dynamax is going to replace Mega Evo & Z-Moves for good, right? That’s the thing I’m actually NOT looking forward to.
Edit: And the Pokémon Bank for the Switch is Pokemon Home, which ain’t be able to connect with the previous consoles.
pixlyJolt

Postby BudgieGryphon » June 19th, 2019, 9:53 am

I don’t think they would scrap a feature that was so popular in the community and gave some meh Pokemon the spotlight. Then again, they are cutting members of the Dex.
Also. Anyone else heard of this Gigantamax “leak” crap? Don’t believe it, it’s got all the signs of someone who jumped on the fake leak bandwagon and renamed Mega Evolution. Don’t know why it took over YouTube.
BudgieGryphon

Postby eishiya » June 19th, 2019, 10:15 am

I am glad they're not bringing over every Pokemon. There are way too many and it's just annoying to keep up, and there being so many is the main reason I stopped playing the games (I came back later and stopped again for additional, unrelated, reasons). It sucks to have ones you like be left out, but perhaps they'll rotate through the less popular Pokemon between gens (i.e. cut out some more, but bring back some others for that gen) instead of only ever cutting Pokemon.

I'm not familiar with the modern PVP and how it works, but I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller number of mons made it easier to balance. If they rotate mons in upcoming gens, that might help keep the PVP part fresh without requiring constant additions to the battle system, too.
eishiya

Postby Ulta » June 19th, 2019, 1:48 pm

eishiya wrote:I am glad they're not bringing over every Pokemon. There are way too many and it's just annoying to keep up, and there being so many is the main reason I stopped playing the games (I came back later and stopped again for additional, unrelated, reasons). It sucks to have ones you like be left out, but perhaps they'll rotate through the less popular Pokemon between gens (i.e. cut out some more, but bring back some others for that gen) instead of only ever cutting Pokemon.

I'm not familiar with the modern PVP and how it works, but I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller number of mons made it easier to balance. If they rotate mons in upcoming gens, that might help keep the PVP part fresh without requiring constant additions to the battle system, too.

Limiting the number of pokemon is terrible. Why? Because this basically means at present, there is NOWHERE for us to use ALL the pokemon. None. Home will let us trade whatever we want, but that's it. Do you not see how that ticks people off who want a place where they have the option to use EVERYTHING? It's bad enough that isn't gonna be the thing on oh I dunno...a HOME CONSOLE that everyone was looking forward to. This was GameFreaks big chance to use a much more powerful hardware system, but they just disappointed SO badly.

And taking out pokemon isn't gonna balance anything, because they would dare not exclude fan favorites like Garchomp, Gardevior, Lucario...those are really powerful meta pokemon right there. No the only way they can 'balance' the combat is to literally tweak the pokemon stats, abilities, and items. But that's too much work for GameFreak to do for their biggest game yet I suppose. Instead they thought dynamaxing all the pokemon will help. I wonder why it's never occurred to them that all that will do is just make weak pokemon stronger, and already strong pokemon gods. See why their excuse of 'it's for balance' is shallow and basically not correct?

Until they at the very LEAST give us a place to be able to use ALL the pokemon in battles, the fans will not be happy. And frankly, that SHOULD be on it's next biggest title...they've disappointed so many people, and they've got a lot more than what I just said to be angry about. GameFreak's priorities are hugely skewed, and we have proof of it. And it's making us angry.
Ulta

Postby Ulta » June 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm

pixlyJolt wrote:You all do know that Dynamax is going to replace Mega Evo & Z-Moves for good, right? That’s the thing I’m actually NOT looking forward to.
Edit: And the Pokémon Bank for the Switch is Pokemon Home, which ain’t be able to connect with the previous consoles.

Pokemon Home will be able to connect with Bank, so that doesn't exclude old games. YET...we'll be able to bring in pokemon from games on the 3DS and older for as long as Bank exists...and something tells me that service will die at SOME point.
Ulta

Postby Blargargy » June 19th, 2019, 5:43 pm

The absence of Mega Evolution unsettles me, considering a lot of people (myself included) have grown attached to the Mega versions of many Pokemon. I was always apprehensive to the idea of mega evolution over more traditional evolution for this very reason - that they remove the feature altogether and we lose the awesome Pokemon that came from it.

And then add in the fact that a lot of our favorite Pokemon won't even appear and it's disappointment overload!

Incineroar better be in this!
Blargargy

Postby Glueckskeks » June 19th, 2019, 6:40 pm

I liked what they did in Black and White where it was initially only the new Pokemon but you could get ones from the previous generations after you beat the game (incidentally, those were also the last gen I played). I think it's nicer when the game makes you focus on the new pokemon they introduced rather than stick to all the old favourites (although that only works if I like enough of the new ones). I won't be that happy if it turns out that many older Pokemon won't be in the new games at all, but even then I'm assuming that future Switch games will gradually introduce them back in.

I am a little disappointed that they seem to introduce a new gimmick each game and then discard it for the sake of introducing another one. I get that they want to set the newest generation apart somehow, but I'd prefer if they'd add things that stay around for a while (double battles in RSE were a great addition, for example).
Glueckskeks

Postby pixlyJolt » June 23rd, 2019, 9:18 pm

I honestly hope in the DP (or at least hopefully Platinum), that they return the full Pokedex thing, it’d be nice to keep up the G5 like rotations (including a few other poke like Minccino & Pikachu), and speaking of DP remakes, I’d like to bring up a small topic, the remakes of the said games. first of all, since in G7 we had the Ultra Beasts, right before the return of once again, remakes, and since the legendaries have exactly to do with Time & Space itself, a good crossover, or even a little more info, with Ultra Beasts and their worlds would be nice, and even making a bigger reference to the PMD games, with Primal Dialga! >:D Only Dialga, however, to keep the what the those original PMD games had before. My theory is that if they DO have an event on that in the future, that will mean they plan on having a PMD game for the switch, but if they dont, either they dont want to give it away, they dont plan on making one in the near future, or just stopped the whole thing right there. Anyways, we didnt get any kind of related game like that for the few years of release of SM, or even USUM, and we have had less games that had to do with Pokemon themselves, like PokePark and PMD, winding down between the events of XY and ORAS.
pixlyJolt

Postby cucmoi » June 23rd, 2019, 10:47 pm

Nooo, they remove the International Pokedex in PKM:S&S
cucmoi

Postby pixlyJolt » June 26th, 2019, 7:38 pm

yeah. Also one more thing, I hope they bring back full petting and feeding
pixlyJolt

Postby BudgieGryphon » June 27th, 2019, 1:54 pm

pixlyJolt wrote:yeah. Also one more thing, I hope they bring back full petting and feeding

YES. I think we all want to give belly rubs to good doggos Zacian and Zamazenta. Or at least give them treats. I think we are getting that, since in the trailer we saw Sobble being happy in a scene that looks like Amie/Refresh.
BudgieGryphon

Postby pixlyJolt » July 2nd, 2019, 9:27 am

BudgieGryphon wrote:
pixlyJolt wrote:yeah. Also one more thing, I hope they bring back full petting and feeding

YES. I think we all want to give belly rubs to good doggos Zacian and Zamazenta. Or at least give them treats. I think we are getting that, since in the trailer we saw Sobble being happy in a scene that looks like Amie/Refresh.

O\w/O YOOSH!
pixlyJolt

Postby BudgieGryphon » July 9th, 2019, 11:17 am

Ooookay.
So the Gigantamax leak WAS legit. Youtubers are going to go crazy now...
Could have been named better, but I do like it, I think? Corviknight looks awesome. The method of obtaining one, though, is going to screw with competitive. Showdown will be so much easier than carefully hunting for a Gigantamax, then learning that it has bad IVs or a bad Nature.
Megas might not be TOTALLY gone, the 3d models for Megas might be reused for Gigantamax mons. The problem is they might only do Gen 1 because Nintendo likes to pander to OG fans. Have a new overrated Charizard form and a completely useless Pikachu form!

Remember in ORAS, where some NPC said there might be a parallel universe where Mega Evolution had not been discovered? Sword/Shield is in that universe, that's why Megas are gone. I don't like it though.
BudgieGryphon

Postby PageEmperor » July 10th, 2019, 10:03 pm

I’m definitely excited. I’m not even bothered by the fact that not everything in the national dex wont be in, I’m just hoping only the ones we can live without are deleted and such.

I’m still waiting until everything is revealed to decide stuff like what version or what starter I will choose. So far I like all the mons revealed.
PageEmperor

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games