General Gaming

Re: General Gaming

Postby Raging Ghost » July 23rd, 2019, 11:54 am

I finally got to play the first Dawn of War. It's awesome.
Raging Ghost

Postby Raging Ghost » October 11th, 2019, 12:05 am

Sorry for the double post, but really, this should speak for itself.

It starts at around 45 seconds, if you want to access the recap.
Raging Ghost

Postby kevansevans » November 12th, 2019, 12:38 am

I'm enjoying Death Stranding
kevansevans

Postby Glueckskeks » November 12th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I want to play Planet Zoo but there's no way it'll run on my laptop ;_; I watched a few streams of it and there's a lot of options in the builder. It looks so fun to play around with.
Glueckskeks

Postby Raging Ghost » November 13th, 2019, 10:47 am

I am... pretty disappointed in Game Freak. Why? Reasons under spoiler.

With all that said, I think I'll pass on Sword/Shield. Thankful as I may be for their games, I have my limits too. Really, it feels like it's shaping up to be what Gold/Silver would've been had Iwata not intervened.
Raging Ghost

Postby kevansevans » November 14th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, they might have needed to convert the models to a different format, which would definitely be time consuming because that could potentially mean everything would have to be re-textured, re-rigged, etcetera etcetera. Same poly count does not necessarily mean nothing got touched.

But, even with the benefit of the doubt, I'm not happy with it either and am sort of regretting now myself buying a switch because that's what I intended to get as I did for my 3DS back when XY were announced. Ah well, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening has been fun, and I'll at least have one less platform to be excluded from when more games start coming out. Maybe I'll get SwSh when the consumer review come out and they show despite the glaring downsides, the game will be fun.
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » November 14th, 2019, 9:01 pm

I'm sure the games will be fun in their own right, Pokemon has just gone on so long and changed so much that certain fans are probably becoming detached from it, myself included. Technical stuff aside I'm personally not interested in the direction of turning gyms into big soccer stadiums and introducing new one-off gimmicks in each game among other things. Even before the big jump in system power they've been slowly removing content since HG/SS.
I'm also one of those folks that feels disappointed in Gamefreak, though. I feel like with how hugely successful the IP is they and Nintendo could've done a lot more. Give it a few years of dev time instead of trying to make Pokemon into COD with yearly releases, give it a bigger budget to handle the graphical work, National Dex, postgame content, etc. but even then, the style and atmosphere isn't quite up my alley so I've tried to just... Consign myself to not being the target demo anymore. I'm almost 30, my relationship with Pokemon has always been a bit of a nostalgic love affair rather than a full-blown obsession, so I've reached peace with staying behind and playing Soul Silver and the old GB games and stuff. Because of that I try to avoid both sides of the fighting and just be zen about it.
(Follow me on Twitter for post-SJ news!)
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Postby Raging Ghost » November 15th, 2019, 2:30 am

...okay. Game Freak. How on earth do you manage to do so shoddy a work that the smallest glitch on your latest Pokemon games can potentially BRICK A SWITCH?

In hindsight, I felt like I dodged a nuclear warhead. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but damn, if that's true, perhaps we are getting a disaster to surpass Fallout 76.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » November 15th, 2019, 4:11 am

Raging Ghost wrote:BRICK A SWITCH?

That's scary and I feel so bad for them, but 66.6 MB is slaying me.
(Follow me on Twitter for post-SJ news!)
Sonic-ock wrote:Been a while, made a lot of really great friends here. I love this community and I love you guys, it's been so real...
Seven Rain

Previous

Return to Video Games