Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed

Postby Hunterkirizaki » November 20th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Anybody a fan 'round here? I've recently been addicted; played through the first three and I'm now waiting for Revelations to release on PC. Cursed delays; ubisoft y u no love pc?

I'm looking forward to seeing Altair again. I miss him. Plus multiplayer; I like how the improvements in gameplay look.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Re: Assassin's Creed

Postby Seven Rain » November 20th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Played the first two, loved 'em both, (especially AC2. The renaissance Italy setting was just amazing. <3)
I'm not terribly interested in the side games, I don't want to get overloaded on the series with spin-offs and side stories, but I'm looking forward to AC3.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » November 20th, 2011, 5:02 pm

They continue the story though.

I'm very much a fan of it, I honestly think it's one of the best series' this gen.
FlamingDbag

Postby Hunterkirizaki » November 20th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Played the first two, loved 'em both, (especially AC2. The renaissance Italy setting was just amazing. <3)
I'm not terribly interested in the side games, I don't want to get overloaded on the series with spin-offs and side stories, but I'm looking forward to AC3.

AC: Brotherhood and AC: Revelations are actually 3 and 4, and AC3 is just the next MAJOR installment. AC: Brotherhood continues after AC2 and AC: Revelations after Brotherhood.

If you want to understand AC3 next year(Pretty much confirmed, since the plot is based around December 2012 and ubisoft commented as such that it wouldn't make sense for there not to be a game released before the date), you might want to get on beating Brotherhood and Revelations because they're not side games. The side games are the ones for PSP and DS and crap.

Also, if you get Brotherhood and Revelations, at least get Revelations on PC so I can play multiplayer with you. XD
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » November 20th, 2011, 5:05 pm

I know they continue the story, but... Eh, I felt like the end of AC2 was closure enough for me. I'm just afraid of the games becoming too stale if I play every single one of them, which tends to happen to me with sandbox games, even ones as amazing as AC. Plus I'm not as interested in MP as I was before. Watching gameplay of it I wasn't impressed... I think I'll stick to MGO for my stealth MP fix and just wait for AC3. Sorry Hunter. :C
Seven Rain

Postby Hunterkirizaki » November 20th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Seven Rain wrote:I know they continue the story, but... Eh, I felt like the end of AC2 was closure enough for me. I'm just afraid of the games becoming too stale if I play every single one of them, which tends to happen to me with sandbox games, even ones as amazing as AC. Plus I'm not as interested in MP as I was before. Watching gameplay of it I wasn't impressed... I think I'll stick to MGO for my stealth MP fix and just wait for AC3. Sorry Hunter. :C

AC Brotherhood was my favorite of the three so far, actually. I'm excited for Revelations.

Anyway, no harm no foul.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 20th, 2011, 6:59 pm

I used to have AC1 and Played AC2. AC1 got kinda blah so I pawned it for cash.....then AC2 Was awesome I just am not a Die hard fan so after I left my friends house I kinda forgot about it and never played it seriously. I will admit to wanting Revelations though. I heard good things.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby gun21 » November 20th, 2011, 7:24 pm

I played the first two and enjoyed them thoroughly.

Ezio is much more interesting than Altair, who's pretty much a blank cypher, so I don't really get where Ubisoft is trying accomplish bringing him back in the new game.
gun21

Postby MacSimon » November 21st, 2011, 1:03 am

I liked the first one...Then my computer couldn't run the 2nd one so i missed it.
Everyone loves Ezio, but i still stick with Altair. : )
MacSimon

Postby Hunterkirizaki » November 21st, 2011, 4:18 pm

MacSimon wrote:Everyone loves Ezio, but i still stick with Altair. : )

I can admit Altair's sort of bland, but I can relate more to his original intent, and he's just sort of badass. Ezio's that kind of player guy that I wouldn't really find myself befriending, and his original goal is revenge.

So yes, I like Altair more. Between ACII and AC Brotherhood, I stuck to the Altair's Armor set like glue(except for swapping to having Altair be Desmond for a very brief 1-mission deal when I beat the game).

I'd love to cosplay Altair next year at Anime Boston, but I'm a big 'ol redhead. I'll probably do Ezio or Altair and dye my beard accordingly.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby RyoSoulreaper » February 15th, 2012, 3:27 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:Sweet god almighty.

Excuse me while I dance the dance of joy.

/hopes for China

Bumped cuz relavent.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Froken Keke » February 15th, 2012, 3:47 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:

/hopes for China

Bumped cuz relavent.

Has been fairly obvious since 2009, though.

I like the series, though Revelations was a big disappointment for me. It just added to much crap I didn't care about like tower defense and bomb crafting, and it mainly it didn't really feel engaging to play. The plot was very pointless too, as pretty much nothing was happened, and nothing was learned at all. There's also the problem with having a third game with Ezio. By the end of Brotherhood, I was so tired of him, so when I learned that we'd get a whole other game with him, I wasn't very excited.
But II and Brotherhood are still very great games, I'm a bit unsure which one I liked the best of those two, though. II had a better story and variety of missions and settings, while Brotherhood featured a better engine that improved the gameplay. As such, Brotherhood is technically better, while II feels more consistent. Either way, they're both good.
It's actually Fröken Keke, there's a difference.
Froken Keke

Postby Hunterkirizaki » February 15th, 2012, 3:55 pm

I'm probably the main one amongst the folks here who's really interested in seeing what they do with the multiplayer at this point. Sad thing is that the multiplayer seems less appreciated on PC.

As far as story goes, I'm hoping it's finally Desmond's turn. I wanna play in da real waorld.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby RyoSoulreaper » February 15th, 2012, 4:16 pm

Froken Keke wrote:
RyoSoulreaper wrote:

/hopes for China

Bumped cuz relavent.

Has been fairly obvious since 2009, though.

So it's been obvious it'll be out on the 30th of October for 3 years?

Well shit.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » February 15th, 2012, 4:34 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:So it's been obvious it'll be out on the 30th of October for 3 years?

Well shit.

This post made me laugh harder than it should have. Possibly due to the combination of the post and Link's expression in your avatar.
Seven Rain

Next

Return to Video Games