Assassin's Creed

Re: Assassin's Creed

Postby Hunterkirizaki » May 4th, 2012, 9:20 am

More AC info has come out after a while. I also went to PAX and got to see a short gameplay ordeal. It looks beautiful, and running around on trees looks fun. Plus they've added some new tools to screw around with which'll make tree assassinations so much fun.

Anyway, I'm planning to get AC3 on as many of the consoles as I can. I'm definitely getting it on PC, probably over Steam, but I've also preordered it on the 360 and I'm hoping to get it on PS3 as well. That way I can play with everyone.

I have an odd goal of acquiring the entire AC series on 360 and PS3. I'm missing them all for PS3, and I need Revelations on 360.

What consoles are you guys planning on getting it on?
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » May 4th, 2012, 9:54 am

PS3, natch. Not interested in AC multiplayer though, sorry to say. Also not yet sure if I'll buy it new.
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » May 4th, 2012, 12:46 pm

I want to get it on PC (Steam), but if the goodies for the PS3 version are really good, I'll get that.

I'm also not interested in the multiplayer, though, save for the occasional dicking around with friends on Steam.
eishiya

Postby RyoSoulreaper » May 4th, 2012, 2:55 pm

I dick around on MP.

I'll be getting the PS3 version.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby RyoSoulreaper » October 30th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Assassin's Creed 3 Double post bump.

Games pretty fun so far and you don't start out as Conner. You start out as a vet. Assassin. Also the intro is kick ass.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Hunterkirizaki » November 4th, 2012, 8:12 am

AC3 multiplayer is some good shtuff. Already level 30 in it, without buying the fancy credit shit. Wolfpack is some brilliant fun, and the regular multiplayer seems improved.

Then again, I'm playing on 360 with many low-level people instead of on PC with higher levels, so I'unno what it's gonna be like with actually competent opponents.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Piano-kun » November 4th, 2012, 1:04 pm

I'm loving ACIII so far, it's just...well, this is pretty minor, but...
Spoiler! :
why is Philadelphia NOT A PLAYABLE AREA?! You only get to walk around Independence Hall. As someone who one lived in Philly, I was mad excited with the possibility that I would be running around my old haunts 200+ years into the past. Even in the game when you first enter Independence Hall, they pan out on a map of Philly. But when you finish the cutscene there and step toward the door...you're back in the Frontier. I guess I should have known by looking at the icon list screen (Boston and NYC are listed, Philadelphia isn't). Boston and NY are great...I just wanted Philly too. I mean, wasn't Philadelphia the freakin' U.S. capital for that time? What about the Liberty Bell?! Valley Forge is like, 20-30 miles away! WHY CAN'T I RUN DOWN BROAD STREET.

</fanboy tears>

Aside from that, Conner's dad's revelation at the end of his story arc was pretty awesome. Desmond reacted appropriately, but the others didn't seem as shocked. Maybe they've seen it all by now, ahaha.

Also, Mr. Miles is kind of a prick.
Piano-kun

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 4th, 2012, 4:49 pm

Piano-kun wrote:I'm loving ACIII so far, it's just...well, this is pretty minor, but...
Spoiler! :
why is Philadelphia NOT A PLAYABLE AREA?! You only get to walk around Independence Hall. As someone who one lived in Philly, I was mad excited with the possibility that I would be running around my old haunts 200+ years into the past. Even in the game when you first enter Independence Hall, they pan out on a map of Philly. But when you finish the cutscene there and step toward the door...you're back in the Frontier. I guess I should have known by looking at the icon list screen (Boston and NYC are listed, Philadelphia isn't). Boston and NY are great...I just wanted Philly too. I mean, wasn't Philadelphia the freakin' U.S. capital for that time? What about the Liberty Bell?! Valley Forge is like, 20-30 miles away! WHY CAN'T I RUN DOWN BROAD STREET.

Spoiler! :
DLC. There is a huge chance Philly will be in some DLC. I mean in ACII You got access to the southern area of Florence in some DLC. Why not give a DLC of Philly and a liberty bell sidequest? I mean I got a Mayan sidequest from gamestop. And that's an entirely new country.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Piano-kun » November 8th, 2012, 5:21 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Spoiler! :
DLC. There is a huge chance Philly will be in some DLC. I mean in ACII You got access to the southern area of Florence in some DLC. Why not give a DLC of Philly and a liberty bell sidequest? I mean I got a Mayan sidequest from gamestop. And that's an entirely new country.

Thank you, Ryo. :D Also, I just looked up images of the sidequest. Looks awesome!

As for the game so far...
Spoiler! :
I like that Connor and his dad teaming up, as they are obvious foils. The "Because I said so!" line made me laugh. That's such a dad thing. Although I am enjoying Haytham's character more than Connor's at this point. Connor kind of reminds me of Altair a little? There isn't anything wrong with that. Maybe I haven't played that far in the game yet (just assassinated Ben Church).

Did anyone play that mission/sidequest in New York where you have to attack those merchants so some kids can get some bread? Did...did Connor kill those guys or just knock them out? Did he snap their necks? It was unclear to me. If he knocked them out, okay, but if he killed them, man, that's so wrong and yet everything just looks so great.

Also, BEARS.
Piano-kun

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 10th, 2012, 12:15 am

Piano-kun wrote:
Spoiler! :
I like that Connor and his dad teaming up, as they are obvious foils. The "Because I said so!" line made me laugh. That's such a dad thing. Although I am enjoying Haytham's character more than Connor's at this point. Connor kind of reminds me of Altair a little? There isn't anything wrong with that. Maybe I haven't played that far in the game yet (just assassinated Ben Church).

Did anyone play that mission/sidequest in New York where you have to attack those merchants so some kids can get some bread? Did...did Connor kill those guys or just knock them out? Did he snap their necks? It was unclear to me. If he knocked them out, okay, but if he killed them, man, that's so wrong and yet everything just looks so great.

Also, BEARS.

Spoiler! :
I think he knocked them out because the 2 alternatives I did scared the kids off.

And I got attacked by a pack of bears once.
3 pelts for me.

Also I mawed a bobcat. Hunting is fun.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Was rather disapointed by AC3. Hunting is interesting but I just see it as busy work.

I think AC: Revelations did more for the series than this game did.
That scene at the end where Ezio finds Altair -- Jesus, that brought tears to my eyes. >.>

Postby eishiya » November 19th, 2012, 5:30 pm

(I think this is relevant, so...)
Does anybody want a 50% Off AC coupon on Steam? It's the one from the AC3 preorder, so it's only usable on games from AC1 to ACR, and it expires tomorrow. I have no use for it.

I have tomorrow off from work, so much AC3 fun will be had 8D

hiddeninshadow: I think Revelations is going to be very tough to beat in terms of story, especially since it has two predecessor games that built up Ezio. Without that lengthy background the player has with Ezio, the library scene (and the story as a whole) wouldn't have been quite so poignant.
eishiya

Postby RyoSoulreaper » November 19th, 2012, 7:13 pm

Honestly, I didn't like Revelations. I enjoyed the plot that involved Ezio and Altiar but aside from that I had no motivation to do anything else. It felt eh.

Also Desmond's story was kinda blah too.

His best moments were definitely in AC3.
RyoSoulreaper

Postby eishiya » November 19th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Desmond has been a disappointment to me from AC1 to ACR so I'm looking forward to some better Desmoments tomorrow :F
eishiya

Postby Selidor » November 21st, 2012, 6:14 pm

The father-son dynamic Desmond has with William in AC3 is great. It makes the modern day sections more engaging, and the missions are pretty fun as well.

I don't think Connor's story has quite the same emotional impact as Ezio's, but it's a great setting and I like that they highlight Connor's frustrations with the revolutionaries (the discussion with Samuel Adams about slavery was good). I love the frontier as well. I hated exploring between cities in AC1 (I spent most of it running away from guards) but they've really made the environment work this time, and the additions to the climbing mechanics are really fun. It's nice to have an area that you can really explore without having to worry about being shot at by guards or accidentally falling off roofs.
Selidor

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games