Sales thread (Steam, PSN, XbLIVE...)

Re: Sales thread (Steam, PSN, XbLIVE...)

Postby FourStringFingerSting » May 11th, 2015, 1:17 pm

Hey gang, Steam just put up the game Awesomenauts on sale for 99 cents. It's a pretty terrific online game, it's a side-scrolling base defense game with lots of unique character classes with short but super fun matches. I'd be down to play the game with some Smackjeeves friends if anyone is interested.
Check out my brand new book project on Gumroad, "This Is Jim!"
Also check out my garage punk band I Eat Stickfigures here!
FourStringFingerSting

Postby Seven Rain » May 11th, 2015, 7:41 pm

FourStringFingerSting wrote:Hey gang, Steam just put up the game Awesomenauts on sale for 99 cents. It's a pretty terrific online game, it's a side-scrolling base defense game with lots of unique character classes with short but super fun matches. I'd be down to play the game with some Smackjeeves friends if anyone is interested.

I might check it out, I remember hearing about that game ages ago, haha. Even if I pick it up I dunno when I'd get around to trying it, I'm swamped with other games right now.

*EDIT*
Ha, had enough in my Steam Wallet to get it after selling some cards.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » May 26th, 2015, 11:15 pm

Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 12th, 2015, 2:04 pm

So...the Steam sale has begun...! Anyone pick up anything good yet? I grabbed Don't Starve yesterday.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 12th, 2015, 2:42 pm

Spoiler! :
You are like, the raddest dude, Tac!

Afrohawkman wrote:So...the Steam sale has begun...! Anyone pick up anything good yet? I grabbed Don't Starve yesterday.

I just grabbed some silly shit for now, tryna hold onto some money for Lucas DLC. (I also grabbed Metroid on the VC, which set me back 5 bucks. I prolly should've stuck to emulating it but whatevs, I'll give Nitnendo some Metroid bux.)
Picked up Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae and Nidhogg. Mentally preparing myself for other stuff I really want to go on sale now that I'm pretty much broke until next Friday.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » June 12th, 2015, 3:04 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:So...the Steam sale has begun...! Anyone pick up anything good yet? I grabbed Don't Starve yesterday.

I got D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and RPG Mkaer 2003, for like 15 bucks.

Apparently, some games jacked up their prices just before the sale, so the "reduced" price would be the same as they were before. The main ones I heard about were GTA V and Wolfenstein, but I think there's more, so be sure to look up your games before you get them.
Bowserknight

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » June 12th, 2015, 5:15 pm

I love Don't Starve, there's not one run where I don't make a bizarre discovery.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Mr Aids » June 12th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Bowserknight wrote:

I got D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die, and RPG Mkaer 2003, for like 15 bucks.

Woo I got D4 as well, and I also picked up Tales from the Borderlands. I'll end up picking Dark Souls 2 as well but I'm waiting to see if it drops below 50%.

I think it's gotten to the point where I've bought most games I want to play and they're just sitting in my library. There's a few games in Early Access that I want to try out but I'd rather just wait till they're done.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » June 13th, 2015, 1:46 am

Bowserknight wrote:and RPG Mkaer 2003

2K3 is really fun. Probably the fondest memories I have of working in RPGM, short of the turbo-nostalgia I have for the PSX and PS2 titles.
Seven Rain

Postby FlamingDbag » June 13th, 2015, 9:30 am

I just edited the first post to include IsThereAnyDeal.com. I've been using it for an entire year now and it's pretty much what I rely on for PC game sales now.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » June 16th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Seven Rain

Postby Ddraigeneth » June 21st, 2015, 11:03 am

Almost missed the last day of the Steam Sale. Grabbed myself Hand of Fate, Audiosurf 2, and Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet. 8-)
Ddraigeneth

Postby Oly-RRR » June 23rd, 2015, 6:21 pm

I never even bought anything in the eShop before ...but I really want Citizens of Earth WHAT TO DO :o :o :o
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

Postby SkyWithFluffyclouds » June 24th, 2015, 12:32 pm

Oly-RRR wrote:

I never even bought anything in the eShop before ...but I really want Citizens of Earth WHAT TO DO :o :o :o

I've been tempted to grab it a couple of times but never did. Will I fall in the end.

Anyway I'm proud of myself for resisting the steam sale so well (I only bought a ridiculous tabletop game where it's harder to win than it looks). There were many games which I would have liked but I already have more than enough games I haven't finished yet.
SkyWithFluffyclouds

Postby Oly-RRR » June 25th, 2015, 4:55 pm

SkyWithFluffyclouds wrote:I've been tempted to grab it a couple of times but never did. Will I fall in the end.

Caved in and got Citizens of Earth today and I don't regret it! :D It's very much retro (and the animations are simpler than I'm used to by now) but adorable and quirky with a varied cast! MONEY WELL SPENT

Now to try to resist buying a couple menu themes I really like - that's just vain! :| :?

SkyWithFluffyclouds wrote:Anyway I'm proud of myself for resisting the steam sale so well (I only bought a ridiculous tabletop game where it's harder to win than it looks). There were many games which I would have liked but I already have more than enough games I haven't finished yet.

Gosh, yeah, Steam... I deal with it by just not gaming on anything other than my 3DS.
My problem would rock your world. - Sam Tyler
Oly-RRR

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games