2D Fighting Games

2D Fighting Games

Postby Nigz » December 13th, 2011, 8:52 am

So I've decided to change this to a 2D fighting game thread I guess haha =p
Last edited by Nigz on December 18th, 2011, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigz

Re: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Postby FlamingDbag » December 13th, 2011, 9:22 am

I bought it off ebay two days ago.
It's not going to arrive until some time though.
However for the last two Saturdays my friends have been coming over to my house and they've been bringing it along with them. It is so, soooo much better then the original MVC3. I got hyped for the original but ended up disliking it's "I'm ALMOST fully cooked!" polish, so I only intended to get it much later. Ironic though that when UMVC3 was announced I refused to give a shit and decided to not even care about buying it and I'll just get to play it whenever the hell. And boy did they improve it when I got to play it...

So far I've been switching between Strider, Vergil, Zero, Rocket Racoon, Spider-Man and Wolverine. RR is a extremely surprisingly badass character, he's very StarFox like.

And I want to learn Wright really badly. I imagine he's fucking amazing to play as if you know what you're doing with him.
FlamingDbag

Postby Seven Rain » December 13th, 2011, 12:52 pm

Not sure if this needs it's own thread. You could've done like... "Capcom Fighters Central" or something. Come on guys, be efficient here! :O
Seven Rain

Postby RyoSoulreaper » December 13th, 2011, 1:22 pm

Beaten to the punch.

Anyway, I'm not a fighter. I like having one or two so I can just fuck up someones shit if someone is over my house but normally, I prefer adventures. UMvC3 looked ok, I may buy it one day for Phoenix wright and Dante
Spoiler! :
and Morrigan......*drool*
but it's not that on my radar.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Amante » December 13th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby KonaTobennh » December 13th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Amante wrote:Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright Phoenix Wright

I think the thread is over.
KonaTobennh

Postby Nigz » December 13th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Not sure if this needs it's own thread. You could've done like... "Capcom Fighters Central" or something. Come on guys, be efficient here! :O

that would cover like 100+ games =( I am far to A.D.D for that =p

What team is everyone rocking BTW?

right now for me its

Nova,Dante,C.Viper
or
She hulk, Super skrull, Ryu
Nigz

Postby Seven Rain » December 13th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Nigz wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:Not sure if this needs it's own thread. You could've done like... "Capcom Fighters Central" or something. Come on guys, be efficient here! :O

that would cover like 100+ games

Well yeah, that's the point. It's better to have a thread cover many games to allow for more discussion, (such as the FF thread with 13 pages or the Zelda thread with nearly 30,) as opposed to several threads for single games that generate like, no discussion, (remember the Zanac thread or the Top Gear thread? Me neither.)

Given, this will generate more than the last two examples due to MvC's popularity but the section would be a lot cleaner with more general threads for series and developers instead of cluttering it up with threads for each individual game. This could've easily been a thread dedicated to SF, MvC and Darkstalkers.
Seven Rain

Postby Amante » December 13th, 2011, 11:41 pm

Nigz wrote:What team is everyone rocking BTW?

Right now it's Phoenix Wright, She Hulk and Hawkeye.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

Amante

Postby Nigz » December 14th, 2011, 11:43 am

TerminalMontage wrote:Would buy if Mega Man was in it. Not just as some crappy Zero DLC outfit.

Really? He was trash in mvc2 though Haha but i feel your pain they missed a lot of potential good characters, I don't know how they got nobody from powerstone or plasma sword =\
Nigz

Postby Amante » December 14th, 2011, 5:56 pm

TerminalMontage wrote:Would buy if Mega Man was in it. Not just as some crappy Zero DLC outfit.

They're probably going to make a shit ton of money of releasing DLC characters, so I wouldn't be surprised to see MegaMan, especially after the outcry when they brought back Stryder.

Amante

Postby FlamingDbag » December 14th, 2011, 6:38 pm

In that poster stage (it's a marvel one, I think there's a bunch of sentinels in the background too or something. I know there's ruined buildings at least.) MegaMan Classic is the only one that hasn't been tagged as something.

Obvious DLC hint is obvious.

If you're only getting it for him though obviously I'd wait. Capcom being Capcom like to fuck around when it comes to teasing...
FlamingDbag

Postby Afrohawkman » December 14th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Nigz wrote:

that would cover like 100+ games

Well yeah, that's the point. It's better to have a thread cover many games to allow for more discussion, (such as the FF thread with 13 pages or the Zelda thread with nearly 30,) as opposed to several threads for single games that generate like, no discussion, (remember the Zanac thread or the Top Gear thread? Me neither.)

Several of our own threads are pretty dead already, even the general ones. Game threads don't always have long winded discussions. It's kind of like, "This game is awesome! Let's talk about it for a few weeks!" and then it's dead. Sad, but that's kind of how the game cycle works.

This game is pretty awesome though. A friend up here at college has it and I'm loving it, even if I'm a button mashing whore who's too lazy to look up the moves. My team mostly consists of Spidey, Chun-Li, and Deadpool, though PHOENIX WRIIIIIGHT IS SO AWESOME. Man I love pulling off his finisher. It's so satisfying. :D
Afrohawkman

Postby FlamingDbag » December 14th, 2011, 10:41 pm

If it's anything like TvC I'm going to be playing it for a long while.

Probably longer then TvC since online isn't dead...
FlamingDbag

Postby TheBloodEdge » December 15th, 2011, 12:02 am

The one who actually committed the crime... IS YOU! No justice, no alibi, no freedom, no hope! It's time to pay for your crime, TAKE THIS!

Yeah, I'm so excited with Feenie in the game. And Vergil. Vergil is kewl. On the Marvel side, I find Nova kind of cool.
TheBloodEdge

Next

Return to Video Games