Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Afrohawkman » March 30th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:God I can't wait for KH3.

Don't even get me started, dude. Lea wielding a keyblade, Xehanort ready to fuck shit up, new weapons for Sora, hopefully a playable Kairi and/or return of Aqua, DAT PS4 TECH AND DEM GAWJUSS GRAFIX, and all that said Kingdom Hearts is Nomura's baby, even in this modern gaming generation full of bittersweet releases, disappointment and games that fail to live up to their promises, I have full faith in Nomura to make sure this game is prisfuckingtine before releasing it.

HNNNGH! I knoooow, I can't wait. I wanna see some team combos with multiple keyblade masters in one party. I wanna see some new Disney worlds inspired some of the other Disney movies (my top pics would be Toy Story, Emperor's New Groove, Monster's Inc, and Wreck-It Ralph, though we all know there's gonna be a Frozen world). I wanna see the return of Aqua damnit! And everyone inside Sora, if only to just acknowledge their presence apart from the vagueness that was 3D. I WANNA SEE SOME NEW COMMANDS AND DRIVES AND SUMMONS AND HNNNNGH.

It's gonna be so good, I just know it. Now that I think about it though, do you think they'll end up using the BBS / KH3D style of commands or do you think they'll go back to KH2's style? My bet is KH2 as it has a lot more room for magic, summons, and drives but at the same time it'd be cool to see some of the wicked awesome commands return. Maybe they'll do a combination, like they use normal commands until you use a drive / summon and then bam, BBS style commands with your own decks. Or maybe you could switch 'em out. Maybe they'd be mapped to a shortcut like Magic is in KH2. I MUST KNOW.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 30th, 2015, 2:18 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:I wanna see some new Disney worlds inspired some of the other Disney movies (my top pics would be Toy Story, Emperor's New Groove, Monster's Inc, and Wreck-It Ralph, though we all know there's gonna be a Frozen world).

Emperor's New Groove world would be dooooope.
I play these games much more for the KH mythos and characters than the Disney stuff, but there are still a lot of movies that could make cool worlds.
Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective, Treasure Planet, THE MOTHERFUCKING INCREDIBLES, Ducktales anything would be awesome, but it'd be especially cool to go through that crazy castle from the movie.

Honestly even though this is crackpotoutthere and something most KH fans would probably bitch about; I want a Star Wars world. There's just so much potential. Gummi Ship fights with Tie Fighters and the Death Star, (you can fly into it through the opening leading to the entire world being sections of the Death Star!) 80's sci-fi Heartless, fighting Vader, LIGHTSABER KEYBLADE THAT MAKES THE SOUND EFFECTS.
There'd be flak but I'd love it if any of these things came to fruition.

Afrohawkman wrote:Now that I think about it though, do you think they'll end up using the BBS / KH3D style of commands or do you think they'll go back to KH2's style?

I'm really hoping for KH2 style, or at least a combination like you mentioned. BBS had intensely fun gameplay but the command deck style never felt as fun to me. I'd even like to see KH1's ability style return where distance affected which attack you use. They could bring back situational/distance-based attacks that only trigger under certain conditions, instead of being another command scrolling by.
I really want to see Command Styles return, though. Those were possibly my favorite part of BBS's gameplay. Were they in 3D?
Seven Rain

Postby Mr Aids » March 31st, 2015, 2:16 am

Afrohawkman wrote:Did anyone here like Re: Coded? I feel like I'm in the minority. I mean, yes, the story was absolutely unnecessary and didn't advance the plot whatsoever but damn did I love the gameplay. They borrowed the Birth By Sleep gameplay and changed it around to make some really unique gameplay. The game felt fast and fluid which I really enjoyed. I never got a chance to play Birth By Sleep (though I watched enough streams when it came out that it's impossible for me not to know the story and gameplay) but it felt like the next best thing, at least until 3D came out.

2.5 doesn't come with the gameplay, but it has the cutscenes. I'll probably watch them after Birth By Sleep.

Seven Rain wrote:
Mr Aids wrote:Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I really need to finish Birth By Sleep. I really like the story and combat, but the realization that I have to repeat the same stupid mini-games on 3 different characters made me stop playing it. I think the game would be ok if you weren't a completionist but I always am when it comes to games like that.

YES GOOD LORD.
I had to completely abandon 100%ing that game. The Ice Cream Rhythm mini game in particular is what did it to me. I mean at the end of the day I've decided I only really care about being super-completionist with the core titles, I prolly won't bother trying to do everything in 3D, either.
But yeah, BBS is brutal. I'm so mad at myself for wanting to replay it, too. When I finished that game I told myself I was done but now that HD+Final Mix BBS is staring me in the face it's tempting to try playing it again sometime. Just for the finales and Mirage Arena. It's a damn shame they didn't add online multiplayer to it, though.

Yeah I might just play through and just do some stuff and forget about the mini-games. I really want to see what the story holds. The worlds themselves don't take that long, it's just that fucking Command Board and mini games that take so long.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
Mr Aids

Postby Seven Rain » April 1st, 2015, 8:37 pm

Gushmodeactivate:
Y'know, Kingdom Hearts for me has always, ALWAYS been about the original characters and mythos first, along with the FF elements, (particularly back when I wasn't familiar with FF, and characters like Cloud and Sephiroth were still shrouded in mystique to me,) while I barely cared much about the Disney content.

However the older I get and the more I play this series the more the Disney side has grown on me, and the more I've come to appreciate it's side of KH. I mean don't get me wrong, the original KH universe will always be the most enjoyable part to me compared to the cross-overs and guest characters, but I'm just starting to enjoy more and more of the series as a whole, which is great. These days I get a lot more pumped for certain Disney characters and worlds, rather than seeing them as simple stepping stones to get to the juicy good stuff.

This all goes double for the sequels, where the animations, writing, and interactions between characters are all much better, smoother, and more fleshed-out than the first game. KH1 will always be the biggest nostalgia trip but I love Sora to death in KH2. He's such a fantastic protagonist and seeing how enthusiastic he is about the Disney worlds, (like losing his shit over meeting Santa or wanting to become King in the Pride Lands,) is more fun than it used to be. His transition from the childish wet-behind-the-ears hero of the first game to the goofy Goku/Bartz-esque cheery hero in the second game is awesome.

*EDIT*
Finished up the final boss last night for the hell of it but discovered I needed to do that for all the side stuff anyway. Good stuff.

I really like how they didn't censor Xigbar's rifle in this version. The Hydra heads and cross-hair changes might be stupid, but they didn't bug me too much, more the act of censorship itself. However Will not pointing the gun at his head, Axel not bursting into flames, and Xigbar not having his rifle were all bigger peeves, but apparently 2.5 retained Xigbar's rifle this time around, but kept the predator-esque cross-hairs. That was pretty cool to see. Best of both worlds there. Still a shame about the others.
Spoiler! :
I was barely paying enough attention to notice whether they gave the pirates their guns back instead of crossbows.
Seven Rain

Postby Guest » June 16th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Holy shit.

Kingdom Hearts 3 has a new trailer!

Also hello, Rapunzel, apparently.

Postby Seven Rain » June 16th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Oh yeah, forgot about posting that here.
The gameplay looks like it needs a lot of polish but I'm sure it's still early in development anyway.

It's really cool seeing young Xehanort and Eraqus, though. Young Eraqus a QT.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » June 16th, 2015, 9:11 pm

I was really disappointed it was a pure combat trailer. I kind of wanted a bit more story tease instead. I say this because no one really remembers KH (or at least I don't) for it's combat. Granted real time RPG combat in KH is made really well, but it's nothing more than button mashing. Showing off how you can vary the button mashing is not anything special.
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » June 16th, 2015, 9:12 pm

kevansevans wrote:it's nothing more than button mashing.

Play KH2 on Critical Mode.
Seven Rain

Postby kevansevans » June 16th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Seven Rain wrote:

I did thank you.
kevansevans

Postby Seven Rain » June 16th, 2015, 10:22 pm

kevansevans wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

I did thank you.

Well then I am confused by your claims, but oh well. Maybe we have different ideas of what "button mashing" means. I find it hard to imagine you played Critical mode without using Magic/Drives/Limits/Defensive techs.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 16th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I loved the KH trailer but I can agree to an extent. I felt bitter sweet about it. I LOVED LOVED LOVED seeing Sora's new abilities but I was curious how he was activating them and whether or not familiar commands / special attacks would return. The shooting ones looked fucking ridiculous and amazing but I think I wanted to see more on how the player activates 'em and uses 'em to get a better judge on whether or not I loved 'em. I mean, if they were like Flowmotion where you activated them based on certain conditions then I'd be excited. If they were like Drives where they were limited in length but really powerful then I'd be extra hype. Or if they were like Sleights where you activated them with magic, I'd be very excited. BUT I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IT WAS.

I think I was more MASSIVELY CURIOUS than disappointed. I'm hype regardless.
Afrohawkman

Postby Guest » June 20th, 2015, 1:20 am

Well, we can see a young Erauqs and Xehanort (also I can't find the image but a tumblr user pointed out all the chess pieces have symbols for the major characters, including Sora/Riku/Kairi and the Organization members), and we see that Tangled will have a world. So that's something! :D

Oh, and Olympia will most likely be coming back.

Postby Seven Rain » June 23rd, 2015, 4:23 pm

Some new info has surfaced.
It's fantastic to hear that they're going back to the KH1/2-style command menu instead of decks, and it's also fantastic to hear that Olympus is returning. KH has slowly molded me into a big fanboy of the Hercules worlds, and the idea of them bringing back Olympus Coliseum instead of the Underdrome gets me extra pumped. James Woods always reprising his role, (and openly loving it,) makes it even better. I'm sure he'll be back for this one, too.
Seven Rain

Postby Guest » June 23rd, 2015, 10:06 pm

Seven Rain wrote:James Woods always reprising his role, (and openly loving it,) makes it even better. I'm sure he'll be back for this one, too.

Yesssss. You can't do Olympus without James Woods. That is hands down the role I hope he is remembered for for generations, lol.

Xehanort’s story will come to an end in Kingdom Hearts III, but the Kingdom Hearts series is not finished. (Rather, Kingdom Hearts III brings to an end the “Dark Seeker” chapter of the series.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/kingdom-hear ... Yx7M8eh.99

Oh thank god. Dude was wearing thin. I mean, we have his origins, more or less, and his end goal. I'm glad they're not carrying it any further.

Also I love this picture and its lack of context:

Postby Seven Rain » June 23rd, 2015, 11:46 pm

Molly-sama wrote:
Spoiler! :

"No time to explain! Get on the Disney train, we're going to Agrabah!"
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games