Kingdom Hearts General

Re: Kingdom Hearts General

Postby Seven Rain » June 15th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean. Sorry if my reply seemed to get the wrong idea, maybe I skimmed a bit too much and replied too quickly, but I still find that we look for different stuff in the games.
I still don't have very vivid memories of the gimmicky portions of KH2, though. Yeah, the reaction commands were pretty lazy since they relied on one button and few fights required legitimate timing, but I guess I glaze over the really silly fights when playing or thinking back on it, while the fun ones stick out more in my memory. Like the Organization XIII fights. I mean when I think back to KH2, no matter how recently I've played it, 80% of my memories will be of TWTNW, hahaha. Well that and the data battles after playing 2.5.

Maybe I see things so dully because by the end of KH1 I was already signed up. Like, that game one me over with how neat and well-done it's, well... Almost everything was, so by the time 2 rolled around I wasn't really looking for anything deeper than Sora being dopey and doing cool anime shit. Maybe I'm some weird in-betweener KH fan where I'm not quite the cynical guys that hate on it for being fanfic-y or whatever, but not quite the type who's super invested in it beyond sentimentality/nostalgia and love for the gameplay.

Even when I do get invested in anything deeper than that it's always the lore of the games' universe and the convolution of Xehanort's story and existence, moreso than the characters or the way they handle the presentation of the worlds and stuff. I guess I'm just kind of a complacent fanboy at this point.
Spoiler! :
Or maybe even that it's hard for me to really analyze this stuff retrospectively on a forum, as opposed to when a controller is in my hand. Iunno.
Seven Rain

Postby cornelius7 » June 21st, 2016, 3:20 am

Idk if it's just me, but I have an EXTREME soft spot for Aqua. I feel like she redeems the franchise for its lack of female characters and has more heart than Ventus (the dull/boring) and Terra the douche put together. Idk I just love her. So I will literally buy the KH version just for her. And guys I havent checked out any info on that "Back Cover" thing, but its literally making me hyperventilate it looks so interesting. The designs are strange and are unlike anything we've seen in KH before :shock:
cornelius7

Postby Seven Rain » June 21st, 2016, 4:37 am

Yeah, Aqua is awesome. (She even made me enjoy Ventus a bit more via /ss/ headcanoning.) I'm really hoping she'll play a big role in KH3 and not just that new extra chapter thing.
Seven Rain

Postby Ian Evans » June 21st, 2016, 7:24 pm

I will definitely always have qualms about the kingdom hearts writing. Yet somehow i always forgive it because it never ceases to hit me in the feels. That game made me cry more than my x girlfriend and that's saying something. The way i look at kingdom hearts is the disney worlds are like hard work. You chug throigh the hard work to get to the good parts. And it's very rewarding. Alrhough i agree that the writing gets weak in the disney worlds, on the other hand, do you really want more content to sift through about stories and characters you most likely already know? I think the later games especially borth by sleep did a mich better job of blending key story components within the disney plots. Whereas kh 1 is like completely compartmentalized. What i did enjoy about kh2 disney worlds was that they played well off of the previous relationship with sora. It was cool to see that everyone was still chill with him and remembered the stuff he honestly graciously helped them with. Except beast but that's another story.
Ian Evans

Postby Ian Evans » June 21st, 2016, 7:25 pm

I always seem to reply late to these kind of threads
leave me alone eishiya
Last edited by Ian Evans on June 22nd, 2016, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Evans

Postby eishiya » June 21st, 2016, 8:29 pm

Ian Evans wrote:I always seem to reply late to these kind of threads

Please don't double-post. You should edit your post instead. The edit button is near the top right of your post.
eishiya

Postby Soft Dorito » November 18th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Every time I see something for 2.8 I feel so excited. I probably won't even get to play it for a long time but oh my god AQUAAAAA. <3 Also does anyone else think Nomura's same face is getting worse? It's starting to feel a little like InuYasha:

Spoiler! :
ImageImageImage
Only two of these are supposed to look the exact same...
I mean...

...Are they all like Roxas? XD
I'm trying. :)
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » December 8th, 2016, 7:20 pm

YOOO!

Spoiler! :
There's fucking COSTUME CUSTOMIZATION. Crossing my fingers that it's not only teasing the same feature for KH3 but hoping we can get the KH2 or 1 outfits, (or at least color schemes,) in KH3.

*EDIT*
English version!
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » December 9th, 2016, 2:04 pm

^
*gasps so deep no sound is heard*

PLEASE RELEASE 3 SOON! :D BECAUSE THIS JUST MAKES MY HEART HAPPY
Molly-sama (here from 09) - If anyone was waiting on my comic just know its deletion was entirely by accident. : | It's here, but it will be back on SJ soon.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » December 9th, 2016, 4:14 pm

Yeah oh my god. I want Nomura to take his time making KH3 perfect, but if anything my mixed feelings about FFXV have gotten me even more hype for KH3. I know Nomura. KH1 and 2 still hold up incredibly well despite being games from a generation full of games I try to go back to and think "how did I ever play this?" because they were so polished and had so much love put into them. I know he'll show 3 the same level of care and polish, things that too many games of the past decade have lacked.
Spoiler! :
That and with 2.8 and the PS4 versions of 1.5+2.5 coming out next year, it'd be one hell of a fucking year in gaming if KH3 released in 2017 as well.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » December 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
That and with 2.8 and the PS4 versions of 1.5+2.5 coming out next year, it'd be one hell of a fucking year in gaming if KH3 released in 2017 as well.

Yeah there would be some head 'espoldin'. And so much money coming out of my bank account.

Still needs to work on that same face, though. Come on, Normura, my dude. I know you can do it.

But I'm so excited to see how Sora is going to help the characters in his heart or however. Like are they going to be separate people? I assume Ven will be, given that he was before, but since he popped into Sora's before it was complete, what will happen to Sora himself? Does Roxas help that? Will Xion's lil cameo in 3Ds mean she's coming back? Will she become an actual person or is she stuck with him and Roxas? Is Roxas stuck, too? It's where he's "supposed" to be but he's obviously conscious. And with Axel back that makes me more suspicious. And will Kairi finally be able to fight on par with the guys? What about literally anything to do with Terra? And what, for the love of all that is holy, Square, happened to DEMYX?

All these questions and more will be answered ONCE SQUARE CONTINUES THE DAMN STORY.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » December 9th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I'm not ready to get off this ride.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » December 9th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Oh and to add to the above questions, is there a reason Roxas looks like Ven or is it just because of how he jumped into baby Sora's heart? Does this affect the plot at all?! It's been driving me nuts for literally years now please new game be.

Seven Rain wrote:I'm not ready to get off this ride.

I'm ready to get on a new ride I've been on this one SINCE 2005.
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

Postby Seven Rain » January 24th, 2017, 1:57 am

Digital release of 2.8 is playable in about an hour. I'm an anxiety-ridden mess tonight over a friend's pet but I'm trying to keep that out of my head and remain hype for this. If anything I'm probably really gonna need something to put a smile on my face after this coming morning.

Soft Dorito wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:I'm not ready to get off this ride.

I'm ready to get on a new ride I've been on this one SINCE 2005.

Since 2002 here and I'm still not ready. I'll probably die before a second saga of KH is completed. Soraquest is all I got.
Spoiler! :
But real talk I actually am interested in seeing where things go after 3.

Spoiler! :
Also super late reply I know. I just need to ramble somewhere about something to take my mind off things.
Seven Rain

Postby Soft Dorito » January 25th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Soft Dorito wrote:I'm ready to get on a new ride I've been on this one SINCE 2005.

Since 2002 here and I'm still not ready. I'll probably die before a second saga of KH is completed. Soraquest is all I got.

Oh, if you mean the original, then I've been here since '02 as well. I just meant waiting on 3 since '05, when I played KH2. XD

I also want to see where the series is going. I have a few theories, but after a while, speculation gets more boring, lol.

Spoiler! :
Like exactly what is the relation between Ven and Sora? Is there one beyond the whole connection between hearts? It's even mentioned in BBS that Ven is from Destiny Islands, though since his heart got all broken when Sora was born. And would that clear up why Roxas looks like Ven? And what happens to Sora if Ven gets free of Sora?
Sketchbook
Soft Dorito

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games