Obscure games you wish more people played

Re: Obscure games you wish more people played

Postby Seven Rain » February 8th, 2013, 7:53 pm

xX-DragonFairy-Xx wrote:hm when I was smaller my parents would pick up some random games they think I'd like, and none of them were really big titles xD

So like, I love love love a game called Dark Clou-

DARK MUTHAFUCKIN' CLOUD. And if it's related to your first sentence, then we discovered it in similar ways. My Aunt bought it out of the blue and surprised me with it at home, and I looked at it quizzically before shrugging my shoulders and tossing it in the PS2. I became instantly addicted to the music, gameplay and town-building. Now that I'm older I appreciate even more things about it, some less... Innocent, (Toan's butt. <3) but others are simply things I didn't wrap my head around as much, like the weapon building mechanics.

DC2 was definitely amazing as well, although I can't go back to the dubbed version of it anymore... Max's Japanese voice is just too damn cute compared to Scott Menville. I've got an undub sitting on my computer that I play with PCSX2, but I've been taking a break from it.

xX-DragonFairy-Xx wrote:And then there was an RPG I liked called Radiata Stories. That was a cool game. Interesting fighting system. I've never met anyone that played that.

KINDRED SPIRITS, UNF. Radiata Stories was awesome but I have a real love-hate relationship with it. On the one hand it's one of my favorite RPGs ever, but on the other hand the big endgame-changing decision you have to make completely ruins the experience for me. I can't bring myself to play it again because all of my love for it gets destroyed by being forced to choose between the better ending while locked out of the awesome main city, or access to said city but a worse ending. When I was younger I thought, "Eh, I'm sure once I beat the game I can have access to everything again." and never ended up beating that Silver Dragon dude.
Welp, fast forward several years to me being more gaming savvy thanks to the Internet and I decide to look into it, only to find out "HAHAHA, NOPE, YOU'RE STUCK WITH WHATEVER SIDE YOU CHOOSE UNTIL NG+."
If they just gave Radiata Stories a post-game like Disgaea I'd still play it to this day. :C

xX-DragonFairy-Xx wrote:I want a Dark cloud Three to be made SO MUCH

You and me both, but if you haven't already try out White Knight Chronicles by the same company. It's not similar enough to call a spiritual successor but a lot of the world and characters have a somewhat Dark Cloud feel to them, and the online mode features a Georama system.
Seven Rain

Postby xX-DragonFairy-Xx » February 8th, 2013, 8:24 pm

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY FOR REAL

I have a good chunk of Dark cloud music on my ipod xD I had played it when I was real little so at first I hadn't gotten very far past the jungle, but I put it back in when I was a bit older and when I heard that opening song my heart just melted. that opening sequence, and the music box theme, I could just die with music happy. I beat it around that time too, I just, UGH i love that game so much.

and yeah it was one of the random games my parents bought me xD

I should check out the japanese dubs then. All i think of is robin from teen titans when Max speaks xD

OH IKR ABOUT RADIATA!!! I thought that was kinda cool though, it was a really emotional decision. Because I freaking loved that town. I loved all of the environments. and how Jacks situation was constantly changing, it was really striking to me. I think thats what really made it stand out in my mind.

I should try this white knight chronicles. Is it for the PS3? I really do love Level 5 games, or at least the ones I've happened to have played, so yeah. GEORAMAAAAAAA so much time making the towns pretty and perfect 0.0 xD
xX-DragonFairy-Xx

Postby Seven Rain » February 9th, 2013, 2:43 am

xX-DragonFairy-Xx wrote:I should try this white knight chronicles. Is it for the PS3?

Yep yep, PS3 exclusive. Make sure you go straight to buying White Knight Chronicles II though, because it contains a "remastered" version of the first game in it's entirety on top of the sequel.
Seven Rain

Postby Hugo Stiglitz » March 22nd, 2013, 9:05 pm

Just one game: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with expansion xD

I just found my old disks in the garage a while back, and it makes me wonder two things: why havent Sid Meier made a remake yet, and did the creators of Eureka Seven play the game before creating the series?
Hugo Stiglitz

Postby BluePhoenix9 » May 8th, 2013, 11:09 am

One of my favorite DS games ever since I was little is this weird little game called Magical Starsign. I've never met anyone who's actually played it before, but it's really cute and fun and I still play it now!
BluePhoenix9

Postby Mundius » May 8th, 2013, 12:26 pm

megafonzie wrote:One that I guess isn't that obscure is Hotline Miami, but as far as I know it doesn't have its own thread and hasn't been mentioned here. Seriously a great game and worth playing. Plus, the soundtrack is da bomb.

I have no idea why I didn't respond to this, but I played the beta of the first level. It was fun but buggy.
Mundius

Postby Seven Rain » May 8th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Anyone who likes wrastlin' and has access to a PS2/PS3+PSN/Emulator needs to play a gem I recently uncovered called Fire Pro Wrestling Returns;
Seven Rain

Postby Nymine » May 10th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Just one game: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with expansion xD

I just found my old disks in the garage a while back, and it makes me wonder two things: why havent Sid Meier made a remake yet, and did the creators of Eureka Seven play the game before creating the series?

O: you and me Hugo? We're friends now.

Alpha Centauri was the best game, probably my favorite thing from Sid Meier.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Mundius » May 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Nymine wrote:
Hugo Stiglitz wrote:Just one game: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with expansion xD

O: you and me Hugo? We're friends now.

Alpha Centauri was the best game, probably my favorite thing from Sid Meier.

I want to try it, but I'd rather a remake. But right now, Civ 4 is the greatest thing from Meier, which only took 3rd place because 3 had some really retarded stuff regards to corruption.
Mundius

Previous

Return to Video Games