Obscure games you wish more people played

Re: Obscure games you wish more people played

Postby Mundius » August 25th, 2012, 8:35 pm

ApaFox wrote:You want an obscure game?

The only PC game I've ever played, aside from Sonic CD, was this RTS know as Dark Colony. It was about armored human units fighting on Mars against aliens that look like those classic "grey" aliens.

I'll raise you in obscurity. I played this game, which in English is called "Rooster's Revenge 2". It's made by my relatives for sale in Germany, if I remember right... it wasn't a financial success and I'm one of the few possible hundred that still owns a copy in any form. It is not sold anywhere. At all. Not even on eBay. At least the soundtrack's kind of cool (and ripoffy. The game also ripped off Moorhuhn or something like that, but everything was made from scratch for it.) BTW, the official site has no data on any of the games in that series, oddly enough. Good luck finding a copy, I won't give you mine.
Mundius

Postby SpiralPen » August 25th, 2012, 11:59 pm

I'm joking, I do not even remember these games. I just know I loved them as a child.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Mundius » August 26th, 2012, 10:20 am

"Over 75 Awards of Excellence" makes me cringe horribly. I can't imagine a eC game ever getting 75 different gaming awards from any good gaming sites... or any game, actually. Even 10 is stretching it. Ugh.
Mundius

Postby ajramsey86 » August 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Im sure it's been mentioned, but SUIKODEN 2 for ps1. That game oh my that game. It was the first game that i ever played (that i know of at the time) where you could basically make your own choices. If you wanted to run and end the game early you could, if you wanted to kill jowy, you could, if you wanted to be in charge at muse you could, if you wanted to run off and live happily ever after you could, if you wanted to skip a ton of characters and stuff to help clive find elza you could, if you wanted to tell some characters that you didnt want them to join, you could. It also had a fantastic story and character development and side stories and quests. The fun little easter eggs you could find just roaming the castle, visiting the bath house. I loved the cook offs. Oh fantastic. Suikoden 1 was great too but out of ALL the suikoden games the second by far in my opinion is the best. If you haven't played it you should, if you can find it. Its rare, last time i checked it was going for $300 +, but im sure they have it listed on playstations little network now (i dont know im an xbox kind of girl).
ajramsey86

Postby Mundius » August 26th, 2012, 7:01 pm

ajramsey86 wrote:Im sure it's been mentioned, but SUIKODEN 2 for ps1. That game oh my that game. It was the first game that i ever played (that i know of at the time) where you could basically make your own choices. If you wanted to run and end the game early you could, if you wanted to kill jowy, you could, if you wanted to be in charge at muse you could, if you wanted to run off and live happily ever after you could, if you wanted to skip a ton of characters and stuff to help clive find elza you could, if you wanted to tell some characters that you didnt want them to join, you could. It also had a fantastic story and character development and side stories and quests. The fun little easter eggs you could find just roaming the castle, visiting the bath house. I loved the cook offs. Oh fantastic. Suikoden 1 was great too but out of ALL the suikoden games the second by far in my opinion is the best. If you haven't played it you should, if you can find it. Its rare, last time i checked it was going for $300 +, but im sure they have it listed on playstations little network now (i dont know im an xbox kind of girl).

Suikoden's hardly obscure, actually. It's quite popular, hence why the prices for the PS1 title are so expensive.
Mundius

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2012, 10:00 pm

Anyone play Legend of Mana? I loved that game when I was 8. The gameplay engine was nice, the art was gorgeous. Weird plot, but still pretty engaging. I was never able to beat it though. Didn't understand anything that was going on during the time. Still, I'm hoping to buy it again once I get some PSN credits for ps3.

Postby Seven Rain » September 3rd, 2012, 10:13 pm

I've played and loved Secret of Mana, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy Adventure and a little bit of a fantrans of Seiken Densetsu 3, but yet to play Legend. I hope to get around to it sometime, though.
Seven Rain

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2012, 10:19 pm

SaGa Frontier II for the Sony PlayStation.

This game is never talked about. But it is an amazing JRPG. One of my favorite games of all time.
I wish more people could play it, but it's pretty hard to find. I managed to find mine when I was in Tacoma.

Just the title screen gives me chills of nostalgia. I loved the game so much.
The story is so deep and compelling. The music is off the charts; here's the title screen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlQn4uGALQ

Postby Rhythm » September 4th, 2012, 4:01 pm

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but... Jade Empire. Oh my lawds, Jade Empire.
It's getting on in years as far as graphics go, though the plotline and the characters are absolute gems.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are also excellent. c: Oh! And just about everything from Team ICO is worth a look too.
Rhythm

Postby VanSavesLives » September 14th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, But The Firefighter for the SNES is a wonderful gem of a game that far too many people never played. Imagine a Link to the Past Meets Ikari Warriors but you're a firefighter. I absolutely loved it and its a shame the sequel only came out in PAL regions.
VanSavesLives

Postby Mundius » September 14th, 2012, 4:36 pm

I really shouldn't remind you guys, but...

...obscure games. A game that you can easily find in stores right now or a long while ago and became a huge franchise is not obscure. However, games like Fighting Street or Human Killing Machine (Street Fighter 1 and Tiertex Street Fighter mutant baby) are obscure.
Mundius

Postby Captain-Sheepy » September 19th, 2012, 2:17 am

Space Funeral.

"Mail Man" is not associated with the United States Postal Service, although it is often affiliated with the Chinese Communist Party.

RELAX, ALL IS WELL, SEND YOUR KIDS TO WAR, GOD BLESS AMERICA
Captain-Sheepy

Postby InnocentGuillotine » September 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm

Crystalis. Not the terribad GBC port, the original version for the NES. The one that's nearly impossible to find as I discovered when I tried to find a functioning NES cartridge and got the GBC port. Makes me glad emulation exists.

As for other games, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 by Intellegent Systems was pretty good, but I'm not sure where it sits in terms of obscurity. It was never exactly common, even in Japan (limited-edition SNES game released after the N64 was released, you see), but most Fire Emblem fans I know at least know of it, even if they don't have the patience to play through the constant sucker punching that makes up the gameplay.
I do commissions! Patreon
Comics: SOON™
InnocentGuillotine

Postby Mundius » September 23rd, 2012, 9:13 am

I am shocked as to how Nintendo made Crystalis for GBC. I mean, that's an awful game. The NES version is so much better. I'm listening to the soundtrack, which is one of the better ones for NES.

Hey, anyone play T2 for NES? Sure, it's a monotonous button masher 50% of the time and brutally unfair the other 50%, but it's made by the Follin brothers. If you don't know what that means, just try playing the music on a piano. It is IMPOSSIBLE.
Mundius

Postby Randumbz » September 28th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Tales of symphonia was pretty decent
Spoiler! :
Randumbz

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games