Unusual Games

Re: Unusual Games

Postby Afrohawkman » January 13th, 2012, 10:52 pm

Do you have any other systems besides a PS3? I would love to toss in a few recommendations as well but I don't actually know what you have and don't have a PS3 myself xD
Afrohawkman

Postby Pie God » January 13th, 2012, 10:57 pm

ONCE AGAIN, FREELANCER.
WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THESE THINGS
Pie God

Postby Seven Rain » January 13th, 2012, 11:04 pm

Pie God wrote:ONCE AGAIN, FREELANCER.
WHY DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THESE THINGS

I read just about every post here, I just don't always respond. D:
Spoiler! :
I actually played Freelancer a bit myself some time ago, but had trouble getting into it. I liked the idea of the depth, but I was hoping for something with more of a KOTORII feel, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby H0lyhandgrenade » January 13th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Do you have any other systems besides a PS3? I would love to toss in a few recommendations as well but I don't actually know what you have and don't have a PS3 myself xD

We've got quite a few systems, only one we're really missing is the PS3 xD;
H0lyhandgrenade

Postby Seven Rain » January 13th, 2012, 11:10 pm

H0lyhandgrenade wrote:only one we're really missing is the PS3 xD;

Rectify thiiiiisss. D:
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » January 13th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up yet but Limbo is a great game. It's short but only costs a few bucks on most stores (I think you can get it on Steam or XBLA) and it's a great little thriller puzzle game. It's one of my favorite puzzle games.

Speaking of puzzle games, PROFESSOR LAYTON for the DS. It's an amazing puzzle mystery series revolving around a gentlemen and his young ward solving mysteries and puzzles! I don't do the game enough justice in explaining it but it's very fun. The first one is Professor Layton and the Curious Village if you're interested. :)

I wish I knew some other obscure / unusual games. I'll have to revisit my collection to see if I have anything else.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » January 13th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Ooh, and if you enjoy Limbo give Outland a try~
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » January 14th, 2012, 12:12 am

YES! Definitely Outland, I can't believe I about that.
Afrohawkman

Postby TrinitySilph » January 14th, 2012, 12:22 am

You could give Theresia a try, if you can find it. I came across it a couple years ago and it took a while for me to get a feel for it, but it's a pretty cool game. I'm not sure I've ever seen another "M" rated game come out of Nintendo, anyway.
It's a first person DS game... I'm not sure if I'd call it horror or suspense. It's kind of a mystery with two halves - you play as first a girl and then a man, both with amnesia, who are in these creepy, trap-riddled labs that they have to escape to stay alive while also finding bits of journals and the like that help them remember what happened and how they got there. I've only finished the first story, but I was quite impressed by the level of pathos the characters build up. It's creepy and tragic and maybe a bit corny at times, and it's definately worth taking a look at. =)
TrinitySilph

Postby Seven Rain » January 14th, 2012, 12:40 am

TrinitySilph wrote:I'm not sure I've ever seen another "M" rated game come out of Nintendo, anyway.

I think you might be a bit confused, haha. Nintendo had nothing to do with it. According to Wikipedia it was developed by a company called WorkJam and Published by Arc System Works and Aksys in JP/NA respectively.
And if you're talking about the console, there have been plenty of M rated games on several Nintendo consoles~
/offtopicrambling
Seven Rain

Postby TrinitySilph » January 14th, 2012, 2:55 am

Yeah, probably could have worded that a bit better... :P
I meant on the console, and I personally have never seen another "M" rated game from Nintendo. However, I'll be the first one to admit my general knowledge of the company tends to be restricted to Pokemon, Mario and Zelda. I'd be interested in checking out some of these other games, though - it's good to know that more was released for Nintendo's consoles than fluffy kid stuff. ;)
TrinitySilph

Postby Seven Rain » January 14th, 2012, 12:55 pm

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo has stepped into M Rated territory when it comes to development but Nintendo consoles have had them for sure, even the N64.
And don't even get me started on the Wii, haha. Go look up No More Heroes and MadWorld. ;D

Getting too off-topic here... Though NMH could actually qualify as an "unusual" game. Sure it consists of running around and killing people... But it's still one of the most unique action games I've ever played.
Seven Rain

Postby KirbyHead » January 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Space Channel 5? Kind of like DDR in theory, but in execution I find it a lot different. Plus, it's just... incredibly wacky. Aliens are invading Earth and taking people hostage. You're a reporter, Ulala, and you basically dance your way through situations and try to save as many people as possible. If your ratings get too low, you get "canceled" (i.e. game over). It's actually one of the more difficult games that I've played.
KirbyHead

Postby Flygonmaster » January 15th, 2012, 11:07 am

Like I mentioned over in the obscure games, Create. It's a really fun game. There are these challenges you can do, setting up objects to accomplish a task, to earn Create Sparks- the key item in the game. You need Sparks to unlock new levels. Once you get 40, Free Create is unlocked, but I'll get to that in a second. Not only can you do these challenges, but you can customize the level itself as much as you like- you can do absolutely ANYTHING to it except change the layout itself. I went wild on the first level. Free Create lets you go absolutely nuts! You can do anything- and this time I mean anything and everything, including change the layout!
Mr. Aids wrote:OH NO I'M TURNING GREEN! I'M GONNA HAVE TO BUY NEW CLOTHES AGAIN.
Flygonmaster

Postby Bre Ishurna the Wolf » January 15th, 2012, 10:25 pm

Have you guys heard of a game named Fossil Fighters? It's sort of like Pokemon, but you have to revive FOSSILS YOU DIG UP FROM THE GROUND INSTEAD OF FIGHTING WILDS AND STUFFING THEM IN LITTLE AIRTIGHT BALLS. You also have to fight anphromorphic dinosaurs near the end of the game.

Spoiler! :
Oh, and did I mention you and your friend get frozen by a legendary frozen apatosaurus by the bad guy?
Everyone herps and derps sometimes!
Bre Ishurna the Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games