Guild Wars 2

Re: Guild Wars 2

Postby Raging Ghost » August 25th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Okay, so people on the Cheezburger community decided to do a chart on how each class feel.

Spoiler! :

I wasn't lying.
Raging Ghost

Postby Aenea » August 27th, 2012, 1:24 am

Raging Ghost wrote:Okay, so people on the Cheezburger community decided to do a chart on how each class feel.

XD The elementalist really feels like the avatar, because you can switch the attunements.
TerminalMontage wrote: I have no idea where to start, I've just been running around the cities.

Yes, thats what i did in the first beta weekends, too. I love the black citadel… <3

But what I really hate is that some people in my guild have begun to farm ep/karma yesterday morning. Hell the game isn’t even released…. I don't know where that is fun. I had a lot of fun doing the hearts and events… But farming would definitively kill that right know.
Aenea

Postby Amante » August 27th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I need the moneys to buy this game. But it also runs terribly on my laptop, though I'm willing to stick it out just to play.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Postby Seven Rain » August 27th, 2012, 11:33 pm

Raging Ghost wrote:Okay, so people on the Cheezburger community decided to do a chart on how each class feel.

Spoiler! :

I wasn't lying.

So I guess if I ever play this game I'm going Guardian.
Seven Rain

Postby Aenea » August 31st, 2012, 4:39 pm

Seven Rain wrote:So I guess if I ever play this game I'm going Guardian.

Guardian is soooo awesome. O.o
Aenea

Postby Seven Rain » September 1st, 2012, 9:18 pm

Saw my buddy playing GW2 today. Looks cool.

If anyone here is interested in contacting him I'm preeety sure his name in-game will just be DeadlyDre
Seven Rain

Postby Amante » September 3rd, 2012, 1:05 pm

Finally got this game haha, definitely enjoying a ranger, though (I hate comparing it to WoW, but I played WoW first so I can't help but do so) it's so weird to play a Ranger after playing a Hunter, because it's so different but so similar.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

Amante

Postby Nymine » September 3rd, 2012, 2:39 pm

I've been talked in to playing. Even though I haven't been playing with the friends who invited me(they've kind of forgotten to invite me to the guild), I'm not angry at all. In fact, I think this mmo has been the most enjoyable experience I've had since FFXI, which is saying a lot. I'm just adventuring and discovering all sorts of things. The story quests are a lot of fun. Honestly, I've been sneaking on to level up so I can keep the story going. Behold! Nymine the Guardian Plant!

She blinked. c:

Also Amante, there's a reason for that; a lot of the classes function similar to WoW because some of the Arena team came from Blizzard. Or so I read somewhere. It could be misinformation, but Guardian definitely functions like old school WoW paladin(pre-BC) with a few twists. I love the iron tight defense I get from the shield, and I find it hard to trundle around without a mace in the other hand. I really like those weapon skills. Also the class specialties make my heart sing. Nothing says 'badass protector' like setting the ground on fire, having it heal everyone around you AND hurt your enemies.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Amante » September 3rd, 2012, 8:13 pm

Nymine wrote: Behold! Nymine the Guardian Plant!

Aww, your name actually fits your race :( I couldnt think of anything save for a human to name Amante, and even then I normally like giving my characters full two or three part names so I couldn't think of any good last names for Amante, though I might do Amante the "Something".

Nymine wrote:Also Amante, there's a reason for that; a lot of the classes function similar to WoW because some of the Arena team came from Blizzard. Or so I read somewhere. It could be misinformation, but Guardian definitely functions like old school WoW paladin(pre-BC) with a few twists. I love the iron tight defense I get from the shield, and I find it hard to trundle around without a mace in the other hand. I really like those weapon skills. Also the class specialties make my heart sing. Nothing says 'badass protector' like setting the ground on fire, having it heal everyone around you AND hurt your enemies.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the classes played like the WoW classes, in fact I'm glad they don't, I was just saying it was weird playing a bow and pet based class that played different;y when I was so used to playing a Hunter from WoW, so it's still taking some getting used to my Ranger, because I keep trying to play it like a Hunter.

Amante

Postby SpiralPen » September 8th, 2012, 7:40 pm

So I just watched a review of this game and got brushed up on some of the basics of how it plays and works...

Can somebody here please tell me...
IS IT REALLY AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS?? ; A ;
I've had my soul crushed for years trying to get into exploring the worlds of MMO's, but the monthly fees, grind, and ridiculous monotony have always broken the experience for me.... Will this game really remedy that??
I ask because as of now, I doubt my laptop can run the game, but if it's really as good as they say, I'll gladly save up to make my laptop able to run it.

Like... is this real??
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Aenea » September 9th, 2012, 2:10 pm

SpiralPen wrote:I've had my soul crushed for years trying to get into exploring the worlds of MMO's, but the monthly fees,

There are no monthly fees.

SpiralPen wrote:grind, and ridiculous monotony have always broken the experience for me.... Will this game really remedy that??

If you are playing through the storyline and the areas one by one its actually really enjoyable and diversified. You have events (which will repeat itself, but you dont have to repeat them. You can just move in to the next area.) and Renown hearts (similar to normal quests except you dont have to talk to a person first to do them. Or return to the person afterwards. The rewards will be sent to you by mail. You can talk to them if you want and mostly they have an interesting story about why you are required to do this quest.
Mostly these quests have more than one thing you can do. Like if you are helping a farmer, you can feed the cows, water the plants or fight the worms on the fields.
As for the storyline those are awesome. Not the normal do missions and go through the storyline, but you can choose a lot of times what you want to do, like safe a friend or an orphanage etc.

BUT: There are Weapons etc. for which you need to play a lot, because you need karma (you get it from events) or a huge amount of skill points. So this might be, where you have to grind, but those weapons/armors are only looking differed, they don't have especially high armor ratings or such. So, to keep up with other players with the armor ratings you don't have to grind.

There most heard critique about gw2 is that its to hard to play. That's because you will have the appropriate level for the area you are in if your character is on a higher level. Thus, you cant level up and go back to do things which were hard for you the first time. (Obviously if you get your better equipment its getting easier, but you wound feel much difference if you are just a few level higher.)
Actually I quite like this because you can play with people who are like 10 lvl higher or lower and it wound be much difference.

I hope I didn't do that many grammar mistakes and it helps you to decide.
Obviously I like this game a lot so there might be a few negative points I missed.
Aenea

Postby Bowserknight » September 22nd, 2012, 12:55 pm

Whoa I don't see it in shops for weeks and now Gamestop is selling it for €3 if I trade in 3 games. Probably gonna get it this weekend. Did we ever pick a server?
Bowserknight

Postby Amante » September 22nd, 2012, 7:53 pm

Bowserknight wrote:Whoa I don't see it in shops for weeks and now Gamestop is selling it for €3 if I trade in 3 games. Probably gonna get it this weekend. Did we ever pick a server?

I'm on Ferguson's Crossing and started a guild if you feel like joining Haha. Also if anyone else doesn't have any particular ties to their server, come to Ferguson's Crossing and join my guilllllddd.

My Rangers up to level 67 now, tonight ill hopefully get another good burst of leveling in. My professions currently are Huntsman and Weaponsmithing. I've barely touched Weaponsmithing, by my Huntsman is up to 375 out of 400. I'm pretty excited, though this last couple of levels are really going to be a bitch. Haha.

Amante

Postby Bowserknight » September 28th, 2012, 6:34 am

Amante wrote:
Bowserknight wrote:Whoa I don't see it in shops for weeks and now Gamestop is selling it for €3 if I trade in 3 games. Probably gonna get it this weekend. Did we ever pick a server?

I'm on Ferguson's Crossing and started a guild if you feel like joining Haha. Also if anyone else doesn't have any particular ties to their server, come to Ferguson's Crossing and join my guilllllddd.

Okay I think I got onto that server, not sure because it crashed and when I opened it the second time it took me straight to character creation.
I'm Bowsire, a level 7 Asura Engineer, how do I join the guild?
Bowserknight

Postby Amante » September 29th, 2012, 11:40 pm

Bowserknight wrote:
Amante wrote:

Okay I think I got onto that server, not sure because it crashed and when I opened it the second time it took me straight to character creation.
I'm Bowsire, a level 7 Asura Engineer, how do I join the guild?

I can invite you :) Ill try and do it later tonight if I don't forget.
Amante

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games