Extreme Sports Games

Extreme Sports Games

Postby FlamingDbag » February 27th, 2012, 7:06 am

Because screw it I am way too overhyped for the new SSX.

THIS THREAD SHOULD CONTAIN GAMES LIKE THE TONY HAWK SERIES, SSX SERIES, PROBABLY SKATE SERIES AND... does Jet Set Radio even count? I have no idea because the only copy of that I bought was ALREADY RUINED.
Anyway I can't think of many obvious series' to add. This genre has been almost dead for something like 5 years now. I really loved the Tony Hawk games (I loved the HELL out of all of them up to American Wasteland, awesome.game renting nights) but it managed to wash itself out to death. I still have not touched Skate though which I probably really should do...

ANYWAY SSX, the demo for the reboot (revival actually, they only really omitted using '7' or originally 'Deadly Decents') is amazing guys. It retains all the good things about the series and kicks it upwards soaring. I loved the original SSX and honestly is at the top of my most wanted list. It is seriously that fun and addicting, already spent like 4 hours on the demo.
FlamingDbag

Re: Extreme Sports Games

Postby RyoSoulreaper » February 27th, 2012, 9:33 am

SSX Tricky was probably my favorite game for EXTREME sports.
I'd play it for hours. I'm gonna Demo the new SSX when I get the time.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Re: Extreme Sports Games

Postby Seven Rain » February 27th, 2012, 2:58 pm

FlamingDbag wrote:I really loved the Tony Hawk games (I loved the HELL out of all of them up to American Wasteland, awesome.game renting nights) but it managed to wash itself out to death. I still have not touched Skate though which I probably really should do...

I loved Tony Hawk about as long as you did... Though I actually ended up playing a bit of American Wasteland but not nearly as much as Underground and everything before it. Dem soundtracks.
And eh, if there's a demo for any of the Skate games give it a shot but I tried the demo for Skate 2 and it was painful. It had the most godawful camera I've ever seen, your character took up most of the screen, and it felt like they aimed more for realism, unlike Tony Hawk which was all about being over-the-top and exaggerated. This made it incredibly dull to play for me.
Friends of mine have also told me things that made the Skate games sound even less appealing, like having to pay for injuries and such. That is just... Yeah. They went for a Skateboarding sim instead of a Skateboarding game.

And yeah, the SSX demo was awesome. Gonna wait for a drop on this one, though. Already have at least 5 games to pre-order for 2012 already, and I want to avoid tacking on anymore than I have to.
Seven Rain

Return to Video Games