SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-Stars)

Re: SUPER... SMAAAAASH BROTHERRRRRS! (And PlayStation All-St

Postby Raging Ghost » December 12th, 2018, 10:53 pm

TheJGamer wrote:Thought it was a prediction video when I first saw the reveal trailer in GameXPlain's subscription feed, but nope, it's all real. Not that I have a problem with it, just an unexpected addition, heh.

That makes three remaining spots for DLC fighters! Who do you guys reckon will be the last three? (Keep in mind, though, that the DLC roster has already been pre-decided!)

Didn't Sakurai said that Piranha Plant isn't part of the Fighters Pass?

Also, if you bought the game digitally or redeemed your gold points from a physical copy, check your e-mail for a code that lets you redeem it for free when it comes out.

As for my DLC wishlist, it can be summed up in three characters: Doomguy, Diablo and Solaire.

Anyway, as for the main cast, I'm digging Simon.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » December 13th, 2018, 1:01 am

Yup, Piranha Plant is separate, so we're still getting four more. Doomguy and Solaire would both be awesome, though they'd have to get creative with Doomguy to keep him from being overly brutal, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 13th, 2018, 9:44 am

Solaire would be amazing, even better if the alternate outfits are just different armor sets from the game. Elite Knight, Kirk, Laurentius, all of em!

Playing through wold of light as Marth as he was my old main from the N64 game, but when just messing around have really been enjoying Inkling. Need to learn how to play her better, but she's just too damn cute.

I don't know why I get this feeling, but with Joker being revealed for some reason I think Banjo and Kazooie are going to part of the fighter pass.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Seven Rain » December 13th, 2018, 1:41 pm

HalfAssedChaos wrote:Playing through wold of light as Marth as he was my old main from the N64 game

You mean Melee? Marth wasn't in 64, homeslice. (Though it would've been awesome to see Marth in N64 graphics.)

Excellent taste, though. Marth is a classy pick for classy players. He was always one of my favorites and after going back and actually trying to learn Melee he became my main instantly. He's so fun that it's hard for me to play him in later games because Melee Marth is such a damn menace. Wish they'd bring back his Side-B momentum and meteor D-Air.
Seven Rain

Postby HalfAssedChaos » December 14th, 2018, 10:09 am

Seven Rain wrote:
HalfAssedChaos wrote:Playing through wold of light as Marth as he was my old main from the N64 game

You mean Melee? Marth wasn't in 64, homeslice. (Though it would've been awesome to see Marth in N64 graphics.)

Excellent taste, though. Marth is a classy pick for classy players. He was always one of my favorites and after going back and actually trying to learn Melee he became my main instantly. He's so fun that it's hard for me to play him in later games because Melee Marth is such a damn menace. Wish they'd bring back his Side-B momentum and meteor D-Air.

Ugh yeah, meant melee. Don't know why I said N64, those days were Pikachu all day every day.

Really trying to get is counter timing down as it has been really helping in some of the harder Spirit World challenges. F the Pauline level though. I'll get her, someday. Or, ya know when I find a giant killer spirit to deal with that donkey kong quickly so I can focus on her.
Half Assed Chaos, The Worst Webcomic...EVER!
HalfAssedChaos

Postby Captain Ghost » January 29th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Huh, they dropped our plant overlord on us early, looks like!

Has anybody gotten to play him yet?
I’m in the middle of a mad dash to convert all my replays to videos before updating but am curious to hear any first impressions ~
Captain Ghost

Postby TheJGamer » January 29th, 2019, 11:31 pm

Man, can't play the Plant till Friday by myself cuz family Switch rules, but from what I heard from my friends, he sounds like a fun character. My friend brings his Switch to school and we play every day at lunch, so tomorrow should be a fun day where I can distract myself from the craziness of end-of-semester tests for a bit. =)

I also got a pretty epic kill while playing doubles with my friends at lunch! Check this GIF version of it~

Spoiler! :
Just some kid who likes to draw and sprite. Thinking of starting a comic and actually sticking with it.
TheJGamer

Postby Night Moon Comic » April 16th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Joker has finally come. and I'm Hype!

EDIT: I got so hyped I posted the wrong video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmuTGcbu4Kc
Night Moon Comic

Postby Seven Rain » April 16th, 2019, 11:14 pm

Joker does look really fun, but I don't know when I'll have spare money for the fighter pass. (Although if Erdrick finally gets confirmed I'll rob a bank if I have to.)
Stage builder looks fun but one of the things that caught me interest the most is Joker's gun. There was a 5chan leak about the rest of the DLC being
Spoiler! :
Ryu Hyabusa, Steve from Minecraft, and Doomguy. Both Ryu and Doomguy would be hype as hell, and although I believe they could've used his more cartoony weapons like the chainsaw and rocket launcher if they had to, seeing an actual gun in Smash really brushes off one of the only detriments to Doomguy's chances.

After the Grinch leak got my hopes up too much I'm trying to keep my expectations more in line, but if the 5chan leak is legit I'll be so happy. Those characters are be so rad it would completely make up for the lack of Mach Rider and Geno.

*EDIT*
Man I'm really bummed about how awful this game's online is. I mean even ignoring all the faults and questionable development choices, I've apparently gotten to a point where I've played so much offline Smash that I just can't adapt to the input delay online. I feel bad because I really wanted to play you guys online, (especially Afro after how many times he rung my bell in 4,) but damn I have no tolerance for the inherent input delay of online. Getting all the online achievements felt like torture.
Seven Rain

Previous

Return to Video Games