Official Video Game Kickstarter Thread

Re: Official Video Game Kickstarter Thread

Postby avian-reader » January 19th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Ddraigeneth wrote:
avian-reader wrote:Artizans looks pretty fun; you actually get to draw your own equipment.

"And his beard reflects projectiles."

Cute in concept, not sure how well it'll work in practice, but at least it's something original.

I just wonder how long it will take someone to start clubbing enemies to death with a giant penis.

They could try checking every single upload first, but that could mean quite a wait.

EDIT: Oh man, Eskimos actually use blue whale penis bones as clubs. Wow...
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
avian-reader

Postby Ddraigeneth » January 19th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Spore was pretty good about taking down the continual uploads of penis-monsters, and you'd still see them from time-to-time. I wouldn't expect this to be nearly that popular, but percentage-wise, you still know people will be doing it. With that flexibility, you can also expect weapons shaped like swear words. People will get creative.

With private multiplayer, though, rather than being an MMO, you could simply set it up so that anyone can use their own weapons, but they have to be approved before becoming publicly available for download. Something like Pirates of the Burning Sea could even work--players can look at a random selection of weapons and vote for (or report) any that they like before the actual game mods bother sorting through them.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Afrohawkman » February 2nd, 2013, 12:13 pm

CRYAMORE! A True, First-Class Take on the Action-RPG Genre!

Looks pretty interesting. I loved the humor going into the kickstarter video, the features of the game at the bottom sound fantastic with tons of abilities and special combat, I like the idea of the story, and the music samples they provided sound fantastic. I think this'll be one of the few things I back just for that soundtrack. And the possibility of it making it to consoles if it gets enough money (which is a stretch but I'm hopeful) makes it that much more sweet.
Afrohawkman

Postby Hunterkirizaki » February 2nd, 2013, 12:32 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:CRYAMORE! A True, First-Class Take on the Action-RPG Genre!

Looks pretty interesting. I loved the humor going into the kickstarter video, the features of the game at the bottom sound fantastic with tons of abilities and special combat, I like the idea of the story, and the music samples they provided sound fantastic. I think this'll be one of the few things I back just for that soundtrack. And the possibility of it making it to consoles if it gets enough money (which is a stretch but I'm hopeful) makes it that much more sweet.

I already backed this. I did the $20 reward.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby flyingtoast » February 16th, 2013, 6:14 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/204 ... 0?ref=city
Seems interesting. Only a week left,though.
flyingtoast

Postby Afrohawkman » February 16th, 2013, 7:00 pm

flyingtoast wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2047266071/archer-alec-0?ref=city
Seems interesting. Only a week left,though.

This is going to sound really bad but...

The other day I was thinking to myself how crazy it was that every time I got on Kickstarter how crazy some of these ideas were. I mean, I've always loved the prospect of Indie Games and love seeing tons of developers and artists put real effort into their games.

And then I look at this. This...this is not a game I would back in a million years. The art style is incredible simplistic with not enough effort to be considered charming or interesting, the gameplay looks incredibly confusing with very little focus as to what's going on and what you're supposed to do, I can't make any sense of the enemies or any amount of plot, and the music, although charming, is very repetitive and bland. It looks like a good try but I really hope the author takes a step back and considers what makes Indie Games, and games in general, unique and fun to play so they can get more support in the future.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 19th, 2013, 8:15 am

Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 7th, 2013, 6:30 pm

If you don't already know the majesty of Shovel Knight , arm yourselves with knowledge now.This game looks to be quite great. Two Best Friends Play also did a playthrough of the demo if you're interested on seeing more of the gameplay.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » April 7th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:If you don't already know the majesty of Shovel Knight , arm yourselves with knowledge now.This game looks to be quite great. Two Best Friends Play also did a playthrough of the demo if you're interested on seeing more of the gameplay.

BEAT YA TO IT A POST ABOVE BY ALMOST A MONTH, BRUH.

But yeah, looking forward to it, and it's awesome seeing it already hitting several stretch goals.
They made enough money for NG+ and a Playable Boss Knight~ Still has a week to go, hopefully it reaches a few more goals!
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » April 7th, 2013, 7:08 pm

I said if you don't already know bro. Gawsh, learn to read. :P

Though yeah I didn't really need to post the link again. Felt like it though. Seemed required to me.
Afrohawkman

Postby Hunterkirizaki » April 12th, 2013, 4:52 pm

C-Wars

Go check it out! Especially if you like They Bleed Pixels or backed Cryamore.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Seven Rain » April 14th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Spoiler! :
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » May 28th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Seven Rain

Postby Ddraigeneth » May 29th, 2013, 2:00 am

Seven Rain wrote:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog

Well, that looks pretty nifty. I'll have to see how bills look this month.
Ddraigeneth

Postby Hunterkirizaki » May 29th, 2013, 5:22 am

This game: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rag ... s-the-dead

I met the guys at PAX East, and they're a really cool team. The game was great, too, though was buggy at the time on account of being an alpha-style build.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games