E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Afrohawkman » May 27th, 2012, 1:06 am

I felt like this needed its on thread. E3 is just two weeks away, June 5-7 is when the magic begins! It's going to be big this year. Nintendo has tons to show off, especially with their new console barely talked about, Sony has more excellent Vita support to bring to the party and Microsoft has...well more Dance Central. Bahahahaha Other companies will sure to bring in their own spices and sauces but the big three will always have the spotlight on them.

Starting off, I know we're going to see a lot of Wii U games as we were informed that Nintendo was going to have a much better starting line-up this time around as opposed to the 3DS launch. They've yet to release more information on that Paper Mario game for the 3DS so I'm hoping to see more about that. Smash Bros. 4 might be a bit of a stretch but I'm expecting to see at the very least a few tidbits or a trailer. There's also a rumor going around that the Wii U would be getting Steam somehow, which sounds absolutely crazy but I won't pass any judgement until the day comes. It'd be pretty sweet though for sure.

Anyway, what do you think is going to show up at E3? What do you WANT to show up at E3? And for when June 5-7 finally hits this year, WHAT ARE YOU FREAKING OUT ABOUT! THIS. Is the E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread.
Afrohawkman

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » May 27th, 2012, 1:17 am

I can't wait to watch this live and then be way more bummed out than last year about the fact that I don't have 600+ dollar paychecks every two weeks this Summer. ;___;
E3 2012 WILL BE SUCH A DAMN TEASE.

Anywho I don't like to speculate too much, I just want to see a lot of the stuff we're in the dark about to get touched on. Like a Wii U release date/price, MG: Rising release date, FF Type-0 US release date, word on a PSO2 localization, etc.
Seven Rain

Postby Queerious Toast » May 27th, 2012, 8:21 am

I just want to see the Tekken Tag 2 character updates.
mosama wrote:Did I give you permission to bring my thread back from the dead with your flop ass autistic 5 year old doodle?
Queerious Toast

Postby Seven Rain » May 31st, 2012, 6:09 am

I forgot this thread existed.
Seven Rain wrote:*Le checking email*
*Clickity click click*

GET HYPE GET HYPE.

Now that I'm too broke for a Vita I'm ready to be in full 3DS Mode this year.
Spoiler! :
Also Wii U stuff. I still get hooked up for Xmas, so lay a price on us, Big N.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » May 31st, 2012, 11:34 am

From what I remember hearing, Nintendo said they wouldn't be saying anything on the release date or price until a month or so after E3. That may have just been a rumor or a fake info thing but that's what I heard a while ago. I doubt they wouldn't say anything about it but who knows, they might have their reasons.
Afrohawkman

Postby MacSimon » May 31st, 2012, 6:24 pm

I'm betting this will happen.
MacSimon

Postby Neon the Sniper Joe » May 31st, 2012, 6:41 pm

I hope Valve can count to 3 this year.

I know there will by HL3 and Portal 3, but I demand it this year!
Neon the Sniper Joe

Postby Afrohawkman » June 1st, 2012, 5:07 pm

So who's going to be online for the big reveals at E3? I remember last year Seven Rain and I were chatting it up on each of the conferences, it was quite good fun. Maybe we could get the Steam group together and do some discussing when the conferences come on :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 1st, 2012, 5:13 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:So who's going to be online for the big reveals at E3? I remember last year Seven Rain and I were chatting it up on each of the conferences, it was quite good fun. Maybe we could get the Steam group together and do some discussing when the conferences come on :D

I'm definitely down. At least for Nintendo. I'm still a bit undecided on whether to watch Sony's or not...

Also, relevant to the thread; BRING ON THE INJUSTICE GAMEPLAY, NETHERREALM! My body is ready.
Seven Rain

Postby Ilmir » June 1st, 2012, 5:58 pm

Neon the Sniper Joe wrote:I hope Valve can count to 3 this year.

I know there will by HL3 and Portal 3, but I demand it this year!

Valve, unfortunately, already declared that there won't be any HL3 in this year's E3

also
I'm praying to every possible deity for some news on Final fantasy versus XIII from square enix

we've been waiting for 6 YEARS. Come on.
Also, there'll be shin megami tensei 4. And it's gonna be great.
Ilmir

Postby Fastbro » June 1st, 2012, 6:04 pm

Pikmin 3 please. That's all I really want. :P
Fastbro

Postby Afrohawkman » June 1st, 2012, 6:21 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:So who's going to be online for the big reveals at E3? I remember last year Seven Rain and I were chatting it up on each of the conferences, it was quite good fun. Maybe we could get the Steam group together and do some discussing when the conferences come on :D

I'm definitely down. At least for Nintendo. I'm still a bit undecided on whether to watch Sony's or not...

I'm going to watch Nintendo and probably Microsoft and EA for the lulz. I remember last year their conferences were pretty lackluster and therefore fun to make fun of haha. I'm undecided on Sony as well; I don't own any consoles or anything but I enjoyed their conference last year so I'll see.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 1st, 2012, 6:24 pm

Ilmir wrote:I'm praying to every possible deity for some news on Final fantasy versus XIII from square enix

Sorry homie, SE went Valve style.
I want to know a release date and new info for Versus as well. It's my most looked forward to game of the past six years and counting. :C

Nomura said some time ago that they're already planning the next reveal, just... Not at E3. Possibly at TGS or something.

Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:

I'm going to watch Nintendo and probably Microsoft and EA for the lulz. I remember last year their conferences were pretty lackluster and therefore fun to make fun of haha. I'm undecided on Sony as well; I don't own any consoles or anything but I enjoyed their conference last year so I'll see.

I just don't know if I want to sit through hours of shocking and totally unexpected announcements regarding Killzone/LBP/InFamous/Uncharted/God of War/etc. to see a few cool third party titles.
Seven Rain

Postby Neon the Sniper Joe » June 1st, 2012, 6:37 pm

I could make it in time for Nintendo, link me where to go!
Neon the Sniper Joe

Postby Seven Rain » June 1st, 2012, 6:42 pm

Neon the Sniper Joe wrote:

I could make it in time for Nintendo, link me where to go!

Big N got'cho back.

Actually you can probably see the conference all over the place. I'm pretty sure Spike is even airing it, unlike before when they'd only air MS.
I'm guessing Nintendo's official stream will be the most reliable, though.
Seven Rain

Next

Return to Video Games