E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby trenton_dawn » June 11th, 2013, 2:09 am

I was wondering if something like this might happen. I dumped all my Microsoft stock just before E3 started, before the hype could possibly deflate. Yay!

Can't wait for the new Smash Bros. and if they announce anything Zelda I will leave work, go straight to Best Buy and purchase a Wii U on the spot.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
User avatar
trenton_dawn
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Location: Auberdine, Darkshore (Alliance Territory)

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Mr Aids » June 11th, 2013, 2:31 am

Yeah I always regretted getting an Xbox 360, I'm looking forward to going back to a Playstation.

I'm afraid Dead Rising 3 isn't strong enough of an incentive to stick with such a broken console.
kevansevans wrote:
robybang wrote:Also, it's the internet, people always argue over dumb stuff.

Nuh uh
User avatar
Mr Aids
 
Posts: 5703
Joined: April 9th, 2007, 7:02 pm
Location: STRAYA M8

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 3:15 am

Wooow, uhhh... Well I guess Sony had to do something to counter-act how fucking awesome all their other news was.
That pretty much confirmed that I'll never play a PS4 game online. Wonderful.
Spoiler! :
And right in their joke vid, too. Did they think that'd soften the blow or make people ignore it? Admittedly I didn't see it until Joystiq brought it to my attention, but that really sucks. They've been doing all this joking at MS's expense and then adopt one of the worst things about MS?
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby avian-reader » June 11th, 2013, 3:18 am

Reaction to this E3.

All I need now is for the PS4 to support Occulus Rift, and I'm pretty much on board for this generation. Once the prices come down anyway.

Good grief, didn't think I'd say that.
Got questions about autism? Feel free to ask :)
User avatar
avian-reader
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: October 8th, 2008, 4:48 pm
Location: UK

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 4:03 am

Seven Rain wrote:Wooow, uhhh... Well I guess Sony had to do something to counter-act how fucking awesome all their other news was.
That pretty much confirmed that I'll never play a PS4 game online. Wonderful.
Spoiler! :
And right in their joke vid, too. Did they think that'd soften the blow or make people ignore it? Admittedly I didn't see it until Joystiq brought it to my attention, but that really sucks. They've been doing all this joking at MS's expense and then adopt one of the worst things about MS?

I was pretty bummed to hear that, too, but to be fair, it's still less expensive than Microsoft's online fee and Playstation Plus comes with all kinds of bonuses and free games all the time. Something Microsoft does not do for their subscribers.
It comes down to just over 50 bucks a year, I think, which is less than one brand new game.
As much as it's unfortunate, I think I can manage it, especially if they let you buy your online subscription when you need it most, not just upfront.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
User avatar
SpiralPen
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Location: Meteor Island

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby KirbyHead » June 11th, 2013, 5:09 am

Seven Rain wrote:Wooow, uhhh... Well I guess Sony had to do something to counter-act how fucking awesome all their other news was.
That pretty much confirmed that I'll never play a PS4 game online. Wonderful.
Spoiler! :
And right in their joke vid, too. Did they think that'd soften the blow or make people ignore it? Admittedly I didn't see it until Joystiq brought it to my attention, but that really sucks. They've been doing all this joking at MS's expense and then adopt one of the worst things about MS?

Honestly, I have a 360 and have not used Live once beyond my free trial because of the fees you have to pay to use things you already pay to use... like Netflix. So Sony charging for online multiplayer is pretty okay when you compare all of the things you can do for free with the things you never could do with the 360. I'm actually surprised they weren't charging for it before, since it seems like the most effective way to make money out of gamers. We have to remember that they're, first and foremost, a business. It's awesome that they don't have many of the restrictions that Microsoft has imposed, but when they saw how much money they were missing out on from the PS3, they probably thought, "Damn, we need to capitalize on that." And so they did. Admittedly, I don't play online and I probably wouldn't even if it was free, so this announcement doesn't affect me as much. Still, I see it as a regrettable but understandable (as in, "I can see why they did that") turn of events.

So what about that FFXV, huh, guys? I'm still not convinced it's not vaporware. I won't believe it until I have it in my hands. If I ever get around to purchasing a PS4, that is. You know, it's funny: we're all jumping for joy over $399, when that's at least hundred dollars more than earlier iterations of these same consoles. Then again, some early video game consoles cost as much as $800. Perspective, amirite? Also, Kingdom hearts III better come with a guidebook that explains all the crap that went down in the four games that happened between II and III. I know the opening cinematic usually tries to explain everything, but even with this video I still ended up confused.
User avatar
KirbyHead
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: October 3rd, 2009, 2:17 pm
Location: Somewhere over the proverbial rainbow.

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 7:23 am

KirbyHead wrote:You know, it's funny: we're all jumping for joy over $399, when that's at least hundred dollars more than earlier iterations of these same consoles.

The PS3 launched at like 600.

And it's a bummer that so many people are accepting the mandatory PS Plus change with open arms, because it's killing me inside. :C
Knowing that so many people have no problem with it means there's no hope of Sony going back on it or anything, so I guess I'm stuck never playing PS4 games online. I'm sorry but no matter the price I can't stand subscriptions and will not support them. I still blame my OCD-ness, but no matter what I'll never approve of paying a constant price for access to something when it comes to art and hobbies.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 7:57 am

oh no I woke up early so I could watch the Nintendo stream before I go to the doctor with my girlfriend but it doesn't start for another hour! D:

can you rewatch the streams on their site? or do they just spam you with ads before becoming a blank video slot like every other site with E3 streams?
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
User avatar
SpiralPen
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Location: Meteor Island

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 8:21 am

SpiralPen wrote:can you rewatch the streams on their site?

Well even though it's gonna be stuffed full of their big E3 reveals and stuff, it's still a Nintendo Direct, and those are easy to check out later.

I'm gettin' excited as hell. Still licking the wounds of PS Plus being mandatory for PS4 online play, but it's hard to stay mad after seeing FFXV and KHIII, and knowing the new Direct is gonna be fuckin' awesome~
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 8:29 am

Seven Rain wrote:
SpiralPen wrote:can you rewatch the streams on their site?

Well even though it's gonna be stuffed full of their big E3 reveals and stuff, it's still a Nintendo Direct, and those are easy to check out later.

I'm gettin' excited as hell. Still licking the wounds of PS Plus being mandatory for PS4 online play, but it's hard to stay mad after seeing FFXV and KHIII, and knowing the new Direct is gonna be fuckin' awesome~

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

I think my girlfriend is going to insist I stay home to watch it because she knows how excited I am, so that would be really nice of her... I just hope she really genuinely doesn't want me to go with her :C

BUT AUGUGHGH

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN THIS STREAM EXCEPT FOR SMASH BROS. AND THAT'S FINE BY ME I'M SO FREAKIN' HYPED!! This is what I've been waiting for, just... a truly great Nintendo E3 turnout! I know it'll be great, I JUST KNOW ; u ;

REGGIE, MIYAMOTO, IWATAAAAA

I AM READY!!!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
User avatar
SpiralPen
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Location: Meteor Island

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 8:47 am

SpiralPen wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:
SpiralPen wrote:can you rewatch the streams on their site?

Well even though it's gonna be stuffed full of their big E3 reveals and stuff, it's still a Nintendo Direct, and those are easy to check out later.

I'm gettin' excited as hell. Still licking the wounds of PS Plus being mandatory for PS4 online play, but it's hard to stay mad after seeing FFXV and KHIII, and knowing the new Direct is gonna be fuckin' awesome~

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

I think my girlfriend is going to insist I stay home to watch it because she knows how excited I am, so that would be really nice of her... I just hope she really genuinely doesn't want me to go with her :C

BUT AUGUGHGH

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING TO BE IN THIS STREAM EXCEPT FOR SMASH BROS. AND THAT'S FINE BY ME I'M SO FREAKIN' HYPED!! This is what I've been waiting for, just... a truly great Nintendo E3 turnout! I know it'll be great, I JUST KNOW ; u ;

REGGIE, MIYAMOTO, IWATAAAAA

I AM READY!!!

Brooo, I wish you had Steam so we could chat it up during the conference like me and Afro always do, haha.

*EDIT*
Then again my passed out buddy might get up for it once it starts, and I know how distracting it is for me to try and chat with friends online and in person at the same time.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby trenton_dawn » June 11th, 2013, 8:52 am

Hey you guys, just hit up trenton_dawn on Steam if you wanna chat! (I haven't got around to adding my info to the main thread)
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
User avatar
trenton_dawn
 
Posts: 2710
Joined: December 14th, 2006, 7:59 pm
Location: Auberdine, Darkshore (Alliance Territory)

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 8:56 am

trenton_dawn wrote:Hey you guys, just hit up trenton_dawn on Steam if you wanna chat! (I haven't got around to adding my info to the main thread)

I might hop on a bit later if my friend doesn't get up, haha.

*EDIT*
Err, you sure that's right? 'Cuz I can't seem to find you on Steam anywhere.



*EDIT*
Ugh, are you kidding me? More streaming issues. Despite being such an awesome E3 all the streams have worked pretty badly. :C
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 9:05 am

TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE GETTING A 504 GATEWAY TIMEOUT
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
User avatar
SpiralPen
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 3:39 pm
Location: Meteor Island

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 9:07 am

I'm getting all kinds of BS, so are others on Joystiq. Twitch was the only site that worked for me during the Sony conference, but unfortunately they're not streaming this Direct.
Image
User avatar
Seven Rain
 
Posts: 23820
Joined: February 21st, 2008, 7:05 am
Location: Nostalgia Town

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests