E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 9:08 am

OH MAN WHAT DO I DO?? D:
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby trenton_dawn » June 11th, 2013, 9:09 am

I'm watching on the Joystiq UK stream, it's more or less watchable.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 9:10 am

Seems legit, no stuttering or freezing yet, try it out, Spiral.
Seven Rain

Postby trenton_dawn » June 11th, 2013, 9:24 am

WIND WAKER HD. I AM PUMPED.
Gaia, a fantasy comic
Ghost, an online novel — Sketchbook thread — deviantArt
Need assistance with anything? Feel free to PM me.
Seven Rain wrote:Trenton speaks words of wisdom.
trenton_dawn

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 9:44 am

WELL THAT WAS F**CKING AWESOME!!!!!!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 9:46 am

Whoa whoa whoa. That was inteeense. Had tons of stream troubles, but BIKES ARE BACK IN MK, BAYONETTA HAS SHORT HAIR NOW, MONOLITH'S GAME LOOKS EVEN BETTER AND HAS MORE MECHS AND
SUPER
SMASH
BROTHERRRRRS!

I ain't even mad that it's MM instead of X. I'm fucking pumped.

*EDIT*
Alright, for those with streaming/quality issues, here's a, (selective,) YT dump:

SSB:
Spoiler! :

Mario Kart:
Spoiler! :

Monolith's X:
Spoiler! :

Bayonetta 2:
Spoiler! :

Super Mario 3D World:
Spoiler! :

Here's the playlist for all the other stuff. I just wanted to be a little bastard and post vids for all the stuff I'm most hyped for.

Also DAMN YOU GAME COMPANIES, I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2014 FOR LIKE EVERYTHING.

*EDIT*
Okay and now that I've caught the Super Mario 3D World trailer I can gush about how IT'S TOTALLY BACK IN DINOSAUR LAND, THANK YOU BASED NINTENDO.

Also;
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » June 11th, 2013, 11:42 am

Okay... I'm impressed.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » June 11th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Seven Rain wrote:http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Just need a Yoshi confirmation for the OG crew.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby KirbyHead » June 11th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
KirbyHead wrote:You know, it's funny: we're all jumping for joy over $399, when that's at least hundred dollars more than earlier iterations of these same consoles.

The PS3 launched at like 600.

I was talking about the PSX, the PS2, the Xbox, the Gamecube, the N64, and earlier. Of course, those are like $200-300 2000~ dollars, so maybe the prices are comparable. Sony definitely learned their lesson with ridiculous pricing at the last launch, haha.

I haven't owned a handheld since the first PSP, and I haven't played Pokemon since Crystal, but I'm sorely tempted to pick one up for X/Y. And I'm maining Pikachu, dammit, they can't tell me what to do.

Seven Rain wrote:http://www.smashbros.com/us/

Ness better be unlockable again or I'm going to flip some tables.
KirbyHead

Postby Seven Rain » June 11th, 2013, 12:46 pm

I want as few roster cuts as possible all around... Hell, I dream of the day we get a SSB with all of the series' characters to date. Roster cuts are lame, and I miss Young Link and Mewtwo. ;___;
Seven Rain

Postby MacSimon » June 11th, 2013, 3:34 pm

Megaman being on it is super cool, but...
THE VILLAGER.
IS SO CUTE.
I'LL MAIN HIM SO HARD.
MacSimon

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 3:43 pm

MacSimon wrote:Megaman being on it is super cool, but...
THE VILLAGER.
IS SO CUTE.
I'LL MAIN HIM SO HARD.

HECK YES!!!
*brofist*

I'm gonna leap on over to the SSB THREAD real quick!!
SpiralPen

Postby Afrohawkman » June 11th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Oh wow, after all of the hype I've been posting on other forums I completely forgot about SJ! Man, I actually don't have much, I'm tapped out from all of the typing.

But MAN was that a lot of stuff! Smash Bros. 4 definitely did not disappoint; Megaman looks fantastic, Villager looks great (and is slowly becoming a psychotic character on the internet, it's pretty great) and the Wii Fit Trainer was so left field I love it. I can't wait to play as her the most, she looks incredibly aerodynamic. Plus having both versions means different stages which I'm DEFINITELY looking forward too. So glad the Smash Bros. Dojo is returning! Can't wait to see daily updates like the good old days!

New Mario is definitely not what I was expecting but I love the idea of a 3D Mario that's fully 4 player Co-Op. Plus Peach in games again and unique character traits! Oh man, I can't wait to play as her and the faster Toad, that's so cool! The Cat Suit seems pretty awesome as well though I'm not sure how I feel about it being a cat. Oh well, will be a lot of fun in the future to play with friends!

New Mario Kart looks GORGEOUS HOLY CRAP! I've never seen such great looking Mario Kart! Oh man, so good. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Even if the anti-gravity thing has been done before, it looks great as usual. Can't wait to see more!

I didn't watch a whole lot of Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101 but I will tomorrow and give my impressions on those. So far I've heard great things about them though.

NEW DONKEY KONG HAS DIXIE RETURNING? DAY ONE PURCHASE. It looked pretty alright to me before but Dixie just solidified it as a day one purchase. Plus they're saying another character will be playable as well so I'm hoping for someone cool. I'm also hoping we can play as Dixie and Diddy together just like the good 'ol days, that would be really cool. No offense to DK or anything but having 2nd person be Diddy / Dixie really gives them an advantage so it'd be nice to have the two of them together so there isn't much difference.

And of course, HD Wind Waker looks fantastic though not much to talk about. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, however, looks great! I can't wait to see more of the items and how they'll interact with this new bar we've been seeing. Interesting that you have to use that too; it eliminates the need for ammo but makes it so you have to use your items carefully because you can't spam them anymore. I look forward to seeing how this mechanic works out in puzzles.

We also got new trailers of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Yoshi's New Island, and a few other titles that I can't recall just yet. But it was all fantastic! Oh man, I'm so ready for more more more tomorrow! :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 12th, 2013, 12:02 am

*Glances up*
I wish more people were hyped for Monolith's new game. ;___;

Anyway, I might be getting a chance to get up to West Des Moines on Wednesday, (which is technically today I guess...) and hopefully record some gameplay of MK8 with a digital camera, haha.
If not I'm definitely getting out there on Saturday.

*EDIT*
Bayonetta is gonna have a 2-Player Mode. :D
Speaking of which I love Bayo and Jean's new haircuts, I'm pumped to see what appeared to be a new Antagonist Force, (she fought some crazy Dragon thing in the trailer that clearly wasn't an Angel,) and my body is ready for the landslide of new R34 her new look will hopefully cause.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games