E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 5th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
Afrohawkman wrote:Am I the only one who looked over at Lego City and thought that looked INSANELY FUN?

I thought it looked fun, but I was expecting something a bit more free and customizable rather than a Lego Cop game.

I feel like that's probably going to end up as a big part of the game. I mean, it's LEGO city after all. I think they just wanted to wow people with some snazzy action gameplay first.
Or at least, that's my hunch!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 12:51 am

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH.

Spoiler! :
Square's kickin' it up a notch. Can't wait to see what Nomura does with the Luminous Engine, that fabulous S.O.B.
Seven Rain

Postby Guest » June 6th, 2012, 12:55 am

Has anybody else seen that Nintendo Wii Birth U

I don't even know, man

Postby RyoSoulreaper » June 6th, 2012, 1:00 am

*sheaths Master Sword and throws hat down in shame*
I am disappoint. Mario and Pikmin are not your only mascots Nintendo. Link wants to be in the spotlight with the Wii U too.
Spoiler! :
3DS day better have something that I can appreciate EXCLUSIVELY on my nintedo consoles made BY nintendo.

Spoiler! :
I'm fuckin serious. Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, GIVE ME SOMETHING TO HOPE FOR!

Pls?
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 1:08 am

RyoSoulreaper wrote:*sheaths Master Sword and throws hat down in shame*
I am disappoint. Mario and Pikmin are not your only mascots Nintendo. Link wants to be in the spotlight with the Wii U too.
Spoiler! :
3DS day better have something that I can appreciate EXCLUSIVELY on my nintedo consoles made BY nintendo.

Spoiler! :
I'm fuckin serious. Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, GIVE ME SOMETHING TO HOPE FOR!

Pls?

D:

But Pikmin and Mario are EXLUSIVELY Nintendo, on Nintendo consoles, and made by Nintendo.
And Skyward Sword was just released /THIS/ year!!

I mean, they DID say they had plans for a 3DS Zelda experience a ways back, so there's some hope, but there was also Luigi's Mansion!

Don't let lofty expectations ruin your fun! :C
Smash Bros. and Zelda were both at last E3.... Along with a new console. This year's turnout was actually fairly impressive!
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby beldon123 » June 6th, 2012, 1:09 am

Like I had said before, LEGO City DOES look fun as hell, but those graphics look like they'd be more at home on the GameCube, to me. :/ That's my only negative though, really.
Raidaaaah... Hen-SHIN!
beldon123

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 1:20 am

The lack of interest in that Luminous Engine tech demo amazes me.
Spoiler! :
Maybe I should post it in the FF thread, even if it's not directly related to the FF series...

Oh well, though. Can't wait for the 3DS showcase tomorrow. It's gonna suck waiting until 8 PM, though. D:
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » June 6th, 2012, 2:10 am

Seven Rain wrote:The lack of interest in that Luminous Engine tech demo amazes me.

For me, it's hard to get to excited over a tech demo. I mean, sure it looks nice, but so can a CGI movie. Which a tech demo may as well be.

It'll impress me more if they could make a game that runs just as clean and smooth as that demo.
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 2:26 am

ApaFox wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:The lack of interest in that Luminous Engine tech demo amazes me.

For me, it's hard to get to excited over a tech demo. I mean, sure it looks nice, but so can a CGI movie. Which a tech demo may as well be.

It'll impress me more if they could make a game that runs just as clean and smooth as that demo.

Well the whole point is that it's all rendered in real-time. It's not a fancy FMV like we're accustomed to in FF games, that was all supposed to be in-game visuals. :O
It's like SE's answer to the Samaritan Demo, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 3:04 am

The SE demo just sort of made me sad that it wasn't a real game. I have no doubts that they'll pull some impressive shit, but I'm just too hyped about all the actual buyable stuff getting thrown at me in the near future.

Anyone else see the new Dawnguard stuff?
EEEEEEEEEEE. I don't know what kind of suckers would join the Dawnguard when the Vampire Lords have got all dat swag. I'm curious to see if the Argonian and Khajit vampire lords will have a unique look to them or not.

Oh, also werewolf perk trees!

Maybe indefinite beast form?
I mean, why not if you can forever be a vampire lord?

please?
SpiralPen

Postby Afrohawkman » June 6th, 2012, 10:26 am

Seven Rain wrote:WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH.

Spoiler! :
Square's kickin' it up a notch. Can't wait to see what Nomura does with the Luminous Engine, that fabulous S.O.B.

Holy shit. That looks incredibly fantastic. I'm not one to really pay much attention to graphics but I'd very much watch this movie.
Spoiler! :
BAHAHAHAHA GOTCHUUUUUU

Kidding this looks great, I'd love to see this in-game.
Afrohawkman

Postby eishiya » June 6th, 2012, 10:57 am

Afrohawkman wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH.

Spoiler! :

Holy shit. That looks incredibly fantastic. I'm not one to really pay much attention to graphics but I'd very much watch this movie.
Spoiler! :
BAHAHAHAHA GOTCHUUUUUU

Kidding this looks great, I'd love to see this in-game.

If you go to the website shown at the end, you can take a survey about the movie, just a few basic questions. I gave 'em a 232-character critique on why the Agni character doesn't fit their supposed setting, and 260 characters of praise for the setting.

I got a bit of a Borderlands vibe from the shantytown at the beginning, and that's not a bad thing. I really hope they make this into something playable, the contrast between the shantytown and the big shiny city might look good in a movie, but I think the biggest impact would happen if the player explored their way from one to the other in a game.

Edit: Oh and in case I sound like I'm whining - I'm only whining about the one character design, the video itself looks awesome and I am very impressed.
eishiya

Postby robybang » June 6th, 2012, 11:44 am

Nintendo is releasing trailers and presentations on the 3DS marketplace to view. But after seeing Rayman Legends, all I could say was "Sega, you need to take notes."
three wrote:
The_Hankerchief wrote:AHNOLD TSUNDERENEGGER

"AHL BE BAHCK... BUT NAHT BECAUSE I LIEK YOU OR ANYTHING."
robybang

Postby RyoSoulreaper » June 6th, 2012, 12:48 pm

My TV provider is a penis.

DirectTV dropped G4 over a dumbass dispute so I don't get to see the Company conferences. SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SHIT THAT IS.

Also, I came to Nintendo for Zelda and Pokemon, I dislike Mario and never really got into Pikmin. Also it's kinda weird that Nintendo is hinging their Wii U success on 3rd parties. Can you at least show Kirby or something for it outside Mario and Pikmin 3?
Spoiler! :
look I'm not saying Pikmin 3 isn't a blessing because it is, that series needed another title. It was too popular not to have one. I know Mario is their go to but still....oh who am I kidding I don't like Mario so I don't care what they do. I only give a shit about Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 1:01 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:

My TV provider is a penis.

DirectTV dropped G4 over a dumbass dispute so I don't get to see the Company conferences. SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SHIT THAT IS.

Oh I just saw it on Joystiq. I posted about it above but was probably too vague for my own good, haha.
Seven Rain

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games