E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 1:02 pm

RyoSoulreaper wrote:
Seven Rain wrote:The lack of interest in that Luminous Engine tech demo amazes me.

My TV provider is a penis.

DirectTV dropped G4 over a dumbass dispute so I don't get to see the Company conferences. SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SHIT THAT IS.

Also, I came to Nintendo for Zelda and Pokemon, I dislike Mario and never really got into Pikmin. Also it's kinda weird that Nintendo is hinging their Wii U success on 3rd parties. Can you at least show Kirby or something for it outside Mario and Pikmin 3?
Spoiler! :
look I'm not saying Pikmin 3 isn't a blessing because it is, that series needed another title. It was too popular not to have one. I know Mario is their go to but still....oh who am I kidding I don't like Mario so I don't care what they do. I only give a shit about Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion.

I feel you, bro! Pokemon and Zelda are my favorite Nintendo franchises, as well! Just give them a little time, and beautiful things will blossom.

Personally, I kind of want a sequel to Kirby: Air Ride.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 1:15 pm

SpiralPen wrote:Personally, I kind of want a sequel to Kirby: Air Ride.

I would be okay with this.
Especially knowing that Project Sora would most likely do it, and they don't scrimp on content.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 1:19 pm

Seven Rain wrote:
SpiralPen wrote:Personally, I kind of want a sequel to Kirby: Air Ride.

I would be okay with this.
Especially knowing that Project Sora would most likely do it, and they don't scrimp on content.

Heck yeah! That was my only complaint about the original game, the general lack of content. :C
Limited modes and racetracks was a really terrible shortcoming to have because the modes were so fun and the racetracks were so damned imaginative!
I'm hard pressed to think of a game whose backgrounds made me shudder with imagination-fanservice as much as Air Ride.

City Run (City Mode?) I don't remember, but the free-roaming City mode was amazing and it ALMOST made up for the game's small size. But not quite. It just left me wanting more. How about another city, three times as big with that original city as a portion of the map? How about multiple cities with unique events? How about some non-city environments from the Kirby universe?

The possibilities excite me and I just now realized that it would be plausible and a great fit on the 3DS.

Oh my goodness.
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 1:28 pm

I was satisfied with the content, but yeah, the City was by far the highlight of the game for me.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Well, I was certainly satisfied with the content, I just would have preferred a bit more of it!
A couple extra characters like Mr. Flosty/Frosty or Rick the Hamster would be hella fine~
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 3:30 pm

Oh god, Rick in Air Ride would've been amazing. D:
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 6th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Air Ride was one fantastic game. I friggin' loved City Trial, I still play it to this day. It's just so interesting! But I agree, they could do so much to make it better:
Spoiler! :
- Improve the CPU AI. On level 9, in normal Air Ride it is literally impossible to catch up with the computers. Hell I think anything higher than 5 or 6 makes it impossible to beat them.
- As with what SpiralPen said, improve City Trial! It's probably the best part of the game, make it more diverse with more events and events that are passive as well. Having events at the same time would also be really fun haha. Non-city "cities" would also be really cool.
- Add more Air Ride stages! They were either so ridiculously small or they were that Nebula level that was JUST A STRAIGHT PATH WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY ON THAT. I'm sure on a new system they'd put in much more effort but they just felt way too small.
- Make some of the machines NOT USELESS. Bulk Star and Wagon Star are both good examples of things that were horribly balanced. Bulk Star would be impossible to win with in any circumstance and Wagon Star can't fly or boost (I don't think anyway). It's a good idea to have things that act differently to add in diversity but make them...actually useable.

Also don't forget guys, 3DS Showcase starts at 9 PM EST! :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Also don't forget guys, 3DS Showcase starts at 9 PM EST! :D

8 PM for me. Got another 3-something hours. Can't wait~
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:Air Ride was one fantastic game. I friggin' loved City Trial, I still play it to this day. It's just so interesting! But I agree, they could do so much to make it better:
Spoiler! :
- Improve the CPU AI. On level 9, in normal Air Ride it is literally impossible to catch up with the computers. Hell I think anything higher than 5 or 6 makes it impossible to beat them.
- As with what SpiralPen said, improve City Trial! It's probably the best part of the game, make it more diverse with more events and events that are passive as well. Having events at the same time would also be really fun haha. Non-city "cities" would also be really cool.
- Add more Air Ride stages! They were either so ridiculously small or they were that Nebula level that was JUST A STRAIGHT PATH WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO PLAY ON THAT. I'm sure on a new system they'd put in much more effort but they just felt way too small.
- Make some of the machines NOT USELESS. Bulk Star and Wagon Star are both good examples of things that were horribly balanced. Bulk Star would be impossible to win with in any circumstance and Wagon Star can't fly or boost (I don't think anyway). It's a good idea to have things that act differently to add in diversity but make them...actually useable.

Also don't forget guys, 3DS Showcase starts at 9 PM EST! :D

3 more hours for me, too! * A * the wait is absolutely MURDER!!

And don't be hating on Wagon Star just because it's useless! I love that thing!
SpiralPen

Postby Bre Ishurna the Wolf » June 6th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Zombi U looks scary.
Everyone herps and derps sometimes!
Bre Ishurna the Wolf

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 7:53 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

SEVEN MINUTES!!
SpiralPen

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Oh crap, almost forgot about it. Doesn't look like I've missed anything, thank goodness.
Seven Rain

Postby Neon the Sniper Joe » June 6th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Oh, good, Seven, Afro, and Spiral will be there. You guys chattin'?
Neon the Sniper Joe

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2012, 8:10 pm

Ooh, I can hop on Steam this time, yeah. Just a sec.

*EDIT*
Me wrote:That was neat. Nothing new, though. Just expanding on E3, but that's better than nothing. I'd like to see them do that for future E3s.

Stoked for Paper Mario and Super Swag Bros. Also that Castlevania game was lookin' gooooood.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 6th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I was disappointed :C

Sorry I couldn't chat it up with any of you fly homies, I don't have an account on Nintendo or Steam by some bizarre happenstance....

But I wasn't disappointed by content! Everything looked great! It was just... we had already heard about all of that....
I was really looking forward to SOME kind of a unique teaser or something....

/okay.png
SpiralPen

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games