E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Re: E3 Speculation and Discussion Thread!

Postby Afrohawkman » June 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm

IT'S. ALMOST. HERE. YOU GUYS. E3 is next week! Some people have been releasing information left and right prepping for the big conference. Konami just did a Pre-E3 conference themselves and while I haven't watched it yet, I hear that they talk about the new Metal Gear Solid as well as the new voice actor for Snake which is huge news.

ARE YOU GUYS READY!? I know I am. Here's what I'm expecting:

Nintendo
EDIT: I love you Reggie, thank you for hyping me up!
GAMES EVERYWHERE. While they won't be directly presenting in their normal conference, they are showing off all of their stuff at the Nintendo Direct. We've already been confirmed to see:
- Super Smash Bros. 4 TRAILER CONFIRMED.
- Mario Kart Wii U confirmed to be PLAYABLE (at E3)
- 3D Mario confirmed to be PLAYABLE

Other games that we will most likely see include:
- Sonic Lost Worlds
- Yarn Yoshi
- Yoshi's Island 3DS
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 2 (probably?)
- Mario Golf
- Mario Party 8

Microsoft
There's supposedly a leaked image going around showing off a ton of games that Microsoft may unveil including Banjo Kazooie which...honestly I would hate the fuck out of them if they did that. But it's totally possible.

Honestly? I'm expecting a lot of games out of them. Yes, you heard me right. They might not be entirely good games (see the Fantasia game they already talked about) but since they've gotten all of the specs and stuff out of the way, they really only have games left. Then again, this could just be a lot of Kinect games like last time which would be HILARIOUS but we'll see. I don't expect a whole lot from them but they might wow us, especially if they have a good price for it.

Games we'll probably see:
Kinect games out the butt
Kinect Sports 2
CALL OF DUTY DOOOOGGGG
Let's Dance some more again with gusto 5
Halo 5
(how did Wonderbook do? Does anyone know?)
Forza 5 (?) (I don't know what number we're on)
Some Golf game showing off how REALISTIC OUR CONSOLE IS
FIFA, Madden, that basketball game I can't remember the name

Sony
GAAAAAAAMES. Sony has been really quiet for a while now. Other than their hilarious "we're also getting Call of Duty for the PS4 later this year" comment, they haven't said much. I suspect they are just watching and waiting to pull out all of the stops and bring down the house with their games. While I love Nintendo, with a lot of good games and a good price point, Sony could easily take this conference. But we'll see. Nintendo's got a lot too and Microsoft could surprise us, even if their console is abhorrent.

Games we'll probably see include:
- Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain (though Konami already talked about it)
- Killzone
- Infamous Second Son
- Destiny
- Some awesome IP they've been saving for years
- (hopefully small mention of) Call of Duty: Ghosts
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 6th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Still hanging out in SSB4, Mario Kart U and Versus XIII town.
My body is crazy ready.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 9th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Oh cool! Though I will miss the Microsoft and Nintendo conferences, Sony's and Ubisoft's are pretty late in the day so I won't miss them! In case anyone needs the schedule, here are the times in EST:

Monday, June 10
Sony: 9 PM
Microsoft: 12:30 PM
Ubisoft: 6 PM
EA: 4 PM

Tuesday, June 11
Nintendo: 10 AM
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2013, 3:27 am

Countin' the muthafuggin minutes.

Also, I guess I'll watch the Sony conference since it's at a later time and I'm at least interested in seeing Destiny and the PS4's price. Just hope it's better overall than the PS4 reveal was.
Spoiler! :
Also, it just dawned on me that Versus might make an appearance at the Sony conference.

*EDIT*
And I'm down to chitty chatty during the Sony conference if you are, Afro.
Seven Rain

Postby Pie God » June 10th, 2013, 9:50 am

http://www.e3countdown.com/
Watching Microsoft digging a hole deeper than themselves get hyped
Pie God

Postby Nymine » June 10th, 2013, 10:47 am

I don't learn. Despite the bad burn I got initially, I'm crazy excited for tomorrow and Square's trot of the rebuilt Final Fantasy 14. What I've seen so far makes me happy, and dammit if I'm not rooting for it to blow down doors.

Ill catch up on errything else once I'm offa work.

*EDIT*

Killer Instinct! Totally called it. Oh, Rare, you scamp. You know the Ultra Combo straight to my heart.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Nymine

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Nymine wrote:Killer Instinct! Totally called it. Oh, Rare, you scamp. You know the Ultra Combo straight to my heart.

Too bad Rare is still making MS exclusives.

And speaking of that silly-willy Xbox One, it's gonna cost 500 smackaroos.
On the one hand I'm snickering over another nail in this console's coffin, but on the other it doesn't bode well for PS4 price... The Wii U launched at 300, the Xbox One is launching at 500... It's not looking like the PS4 will be cheap enough to pick up if Versus turns out to be a PS4 exclusive. ;___;

*EDIT*
Pie God wrote:http://www.e3countdown.com/

Let me just say that this site is amazing, thanks for sharing.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 10th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
And I'm down to chitty chatty during the Sony conference if you are, Afro.

Hell yes, I will be on if you wanna chat.

So far I've caught up to most of the info. Xbone looks...still pretty meh, especially with that price. I heard EA did alright with their release of Mirror's Edge 2. Battlefield 4 also sounds kind of cool.

I just personally watched Ubisoft, it was CRAAAAAAAAAAA- it was okay. Watch_Dogs and their two new open world games, one being a racing game and the other being a survival MMO, both look really cool, especially the survival one. I personally don't plan on getting either of them (though I'm definitely grabbing Watch_Dogs for Wii U) but they look fantastic and actually seem pretty cool, especially based on the gameplay. BUT. Their host, who if you were paying attention to the voice is Lana from Archer, was so obnoxious and made tons of sex jokes. It seemed really off putting. Plus the release of a interactive TV show staring the Raving Rabbids? REALLY GUYS? What is WRONG with you? That sounds like a horrible idea. That's like a video game but half the fun, not to mention it probably won't actually change any of the story because that just wouldn't make any sense.

SONY'S UP NEXT THOUGH SO I AM MAJOR HYPED.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:two new open world games, one being a racing game and the other being a survival MMO, both look really cool, especially the survival one.

Say the words "open" and "world" regarding games and my head will spin in your direction like a dog hearing the word "food."
I'll have to look these up.

*EDIT*
BEATING AFRO BACK HERE TO SAY FFXV AND KINGDOM HEARTS III HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
Seven Rain

Postby Hunterkirizaki » June 10th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins. Sony wins.

Hey guess what?

Sony wins.
ImageImageImage
Hunterkirizaki

Postby Raging Ghost » June 10th, 2013, 10:02 pm

The PS4 will be offered for $399.
Raging Ghost

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Yeah, stayed on the stream long enough to watch some Destiny gameplay, (which was awesome by the way,) and catch the price.
Not too bad. I might be able to snag it as an Xmas gift. I can also postpone getting a 3DS if need be.
Spoiler! :
Oh, and sorry for bailing on you guys so abruptly. I just remember it being hard to concentrate last time I had friends over while chatting online.

BUT MAN OH MAN, FFXV AND KHIII MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
For those that missed the conference or had to watch a low-quality stream;

Spoiler! :
Also that was totally Leviathan, fuck yeah!

*EDIT*
Oh man and with all the excitement over SE's announcements I forgot about Nintendo's E3 news being a mere 11 hours away. I'm so damn happy, this is the best E3 ever.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » June 10th, 2013, 10:29 pm

You guys. I'm getting a PS4. This is just...399! Wow, um. I might not get it launch day but man it beats out the Xbone in every way. It's amazing.

I will say I'm looking forward to the BIG N tomorrow but Sony did a really good job tonight. Tons of great games, showing off the indie games to a huge crowd is great advertising for them, KH3 FINALLY BEING TALKED ABOUT, confirmation on a lot of things we really wanted to know about the console (that looks really good btw) and so much more. I barely remember the whole thing after that KH3 and price launch. Holy crap. Sony...you did good guys. You did really good.

Nintendo will do good tomorrow I know it but Sony has left me speechless. Can't wait until tomorrow! :D
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » June 10th, 2013, 10:48 pm

Yeah I'm still shocked KHIII has even been touched before the completion of Versus/FFXV, but this might be more good news than what appears on the surface.
I mean Versus has been in development since 2006. Developed by the Kingdom Hearts team. For this reason, KHIII was said to, (and thought to,) not even begin development until Versus was finished.
Now, we didn't get a release date for FFXV, but I like to be hopeful right now in the fact that if they've already shown off KHIII footage it means FFXV may have gone gold and be much closer to release than expected.

Or maybe I'm reading into it too much.

*EDIT*

And knowing is half the battle.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » June 11th, 2013, 1:45 am

I SECOND THAT THIS IS THE BEST E3 EVER

NEVER BEFORE HAVE I BEEN SO MASSIVELY EXCITED BY SO MUCH!! ; 7 ;

The PS4 pricing is amazing, PHANTOM PAIN/MGS V BLEW MY MIND,

K-K-KINGDOM

HEARTS

III

AND VERSUS XIII/XV

AAUUGHGHGHGHGHGH

THERE WAS GAMEPLAY AND NINTENDO HASN'T EVEN GOTTEN STARTED YET I JUST

SMASH BROS. TOMORROW AND I

*cries*
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games