The Official Wii U Thread

Re: The Official Wii U Thread

Postby Afrohawkman » October 25th, 2012, 11:11 am

So! The Wii U release is approaching fast fellows! Wii U preorders have been selling out like crazy, we find out more and more about games as days go on, and the hype train is just revving up! For those of you who haven't gotten preorders, I believe Walmart has a Bundle going for them that nets you the system, a game (Do NOT order Nintendo Land if you get a Deluxe edition, it comes standard with Deluxe editions so that'd be a waste of money) and a Pro Controller. Not sure if they're still in stock but doesn't hurt to try.

I also hear some Gamestops are doing a trade-in thing this week where console trade ins are worth DOUBLE their normal price, so if you're one of the few people who has nothing left on their Wii besides memory that you can transfer to an SD Card (except Smash Bros. *tear*), I'd get on it! I'm probably going to do it myself. I will miss all of my Smash Bros. data but I can always unlock all that stuff again. It's not too big a deal for me really.

So guys, anyone here getting it launch day? What games are you looking forward to the most when it launches? I can't decide between getting New Super Mario Bros. U and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Might get both but I'm partial to Scribblenauts just because of the customization at the moment. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is also looking surprisingly good so I might give that a look. May just get that on the 360 sometime down the road but I digress. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two also looks really good but I'll save that for a later purchase.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » November 7th, 2012, 9:53 am

There are some cool vids on Nintendo Direct showing off the Chat feature and User Account stuff for the Wii U.
Spoiler! :
Reggie's Japanese might be even funnier than Iwata's English.

*EDIT*
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » November 7th, 2012, 12:07 pm

Warawara plaza. Hahaha, I love that name. The Plaza looks really interesting. I doubt I'll be using it all that much but I really like the look of it. Video chat makes me super happy. I wonder if we'll be able to use more than one person chat? I highly doubt it but it'd be an incredible feature if it did. Can't wait to hear more, thanks for the post Rain!
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » November 7th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Fugettabawdit.

But I do come bearing more info.
I'm glad to hear that DLC transfers, meaning I can play more My Life as a King on the Wii U someday. <3
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » November 8th, 2012, 12:32 am

Speaking of more trailers, more have been popping up! This time we have Miiverse and Internet Browser videos which at first I was skeptical on watching but they show off seamless transfer from game to browser/miiverse and back at wonderful speeds. They also show off the ability to even grab screenshots and post 'em via Miiverse.

Oh man...I think all these extra features might actually be pretty fantastic. Also why can everyone in Japan draw so well? I'm so jealous.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » November 8th, 2012, 9:16 am

Nice find. I love that you can use them mid-game like the 3DS can with some of it's system features and browser.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » November 8th, 2012, 10:14 am

I know, I can't wait to use it for certain games. I'm going to be taking tons of screenshots when I get Scribblenauts Unlimited. Oh man, it's gonna be so cool. Oh man.

I'm probably going to be using my Wii U to post from game just for the hell of it. :D
Afrohawkman

Previous

Return to Video Games