Anime fighting games

Anime fighting games

Postby sai18 » October 16th, 2012, 12:28 am

Talk and discuss about any anime games.

I can't wait for naruto Storm 3 to come out next year. Is anybody else pumped up as I am?
Last edited by sai18 on October 16th, 2012, 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sai18

Re: I want Naruto storm 3

Postby Amante » October 16th, 2012, 2:34 am

Is there anyway to turn this into like a general anime fighting game thread, or maybe Baritone fighting game thread, though that'd be a stretch. I just don't think this game deserves its own thread.

That being said. I loved Naruto Ninja Storm 2 to death, they did the series amazingly, especially the main story. At least if this is the game I think it is, there are way too many Naruto fighting games to remember.
Any SJ related questions? Feel free to look around, and if you can't find an answer, make a topic here and we'll get to you as fast as we can! :D

BlackBlade Rising revamp COMING SOON!
Amante

Re: I want Naruto storm 3

Postby sai18 » October 16th, 2012, 5:38 am

Amante wrote:Is there anyway to turn this into like a general anime fighting game thread, or maybe Baritone fighting game thread, though that'd be a stretch. I just don't think this game deserves its own thread.

That being said. I loved Naruto Ninja Storm 2 to death, they did the series amazingly, especially the main story. At least if this is the game I think it is, there are way too many Naruto fighting games to remember.

Yeah, I believe it started from Game cube (extinct), than game boy (also extinct), than PS2, than PS3, XBox360, and finally Nintendo DS.

Storm 3 is going to be good with the new combos, and a wide range character selection.
sai18

Re: Anime fighting games

Postby Seven Rain » October 16th, 2012, 8:20 am

I've always loved the gameplay and overall quality of the Naruto fighting games, but not being a fan of the subject matter means I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs while I wait/hope for CC2 to make a game in an anime universe I love. Sadly they already have, we just never got it in the west. :C

My favorites are, without a doubt, DBZ games. Which we have a whole thread for.
I don't mind Budokai but have always preferred the Spike games. BT3, RB1 and 2, as well as Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Me and my friend Alan have also played several PSX fighting games based on anime, mainly InuYasha: A Feudal Fairy Tale and Gundam Battle Assault 2. Tons of fun from those, and I still own Battle Assault 2.

*EDIT*
Oh, and it's not really an anime, but Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition was dope as fuck. Probably the first fighting game I ever actually played.

I remember it being the first game I rented when I finally had my own SNES instead of mooching off my Mom's, haha.
Seven Rain

Postby eishiya » October 16th, 2012, 9:50 am

I haven't played many anime fighting games. I tend to not play games based on shows/comics I don't like, so I'm probably missing out on quite a few good games (not just anime ones).

My favourite game of those I did play is the Samurai Deeper KYO game on PS1. Honestly, I like it more for its pretty pixel art than the game play, which is rather simple for a 2D fighter. That's not to say it wasn't fun to play, though.

SR: A .hack fighting game? With characters from the older games/shows and not just the newer ones? I want! Why is this not out in the west?
eishiya

Postby RyoSoulreaper » October 16th, 2012, 10:08 am

Seven Rain wrote:*EDIT*
Oh, and it's not really an anime, but Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Fighting Edition was dope as fuck. Probably the first fighting game I ever actually played.

I remember it being the first game I rented when I finally had my own SNES instead of mooching off my Mom's, haha.

Best SNES Fighter.
Egoraptor in reference to Sonic 06 wrote:YOU GOTTA LOOK INSIDE YOURSELF AND ASK "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY?" NOT FUCKING THIS!!
RyoSoulreaper

Postby Seven Rain » October 16th, 2012, 10:15 am

eishiya wrote:Why is this not out in the west?

Sadly it's probably just due to the lack of .hack popularity in the west. Bamco never seems to want to localize stuff that isn't DBZ or Naruto.
Seven Rain

Postby SpiralPen » October 16th, 2012, 1:19 pm

This brings back memories of having to buy a weird PS2 hack converter thing off eBay with our grandpa's money so that our PS2 could play Japanese games and importing a totally broken copy of Narutimate Hero 3 (or Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3) with my best bro in the height of our Naruto fever when we were like 11 or 12.
It was so awesome to have such a quality fighting game with so many of our favorite charcters, we geeked out on it FOREVER. The only problem was, because it was a totally illegitimate copy, anytime you hit someone with an Ougi (or special) the entire game would freeze as it loaded the special scene for 15-30 minutes and then again when it went to go back to the match.
Hahahaha, oh man, everybody in this thread should look up the First Hokage's Ougi.
It's seriously brutal, like, so brutal it's kind of funny in a weird way.

I never liked the Budokai games from DBZ, everything felt too restricted and cramped. Especially after playing Tenkaichi, oh man. Being able to fly around like that, wherever you want, through buildings, under the ocean, oh man I fucking loved it. If only it didn't have that super-floaty feeling ALL the time so when you fought on land it felt like a land battle and the aerial battles would adopt a totally different feeling.

Speaking of Budokai, though, there was a similar division in Naruto Fighters.
Clash of Ninja was like Budokai, 3D contained in a small arena with short health bars, and Ultimate Ninja was the 2D side-perspective jumping around/changing foreground background/environmental interacion one.
I always preferred Ultimate Ninja, but the CON games undoubtedly required more skill and finesse which made then great fun for party games. Short decisive matches. My best was Crow (Karasu), Kankuro's Puppet, although I hear he was cheap so maybe he wasn't really my best at all, hehe.
I only played the first Ninja Storm, which was absolutely a blast. If all franchises had fighting games of that quality, DANG. It was like Tenkaichi Naruto, almost. Not enough characters, though, not in the first one. :C

As much as I love One Piece, the One Piece Fighters have always eluded me. I dunno why, they just never seemed as fun to me, but I know people go nuts about them. Also, a fighter I always wanted and never picked up was Jump Ultimate Stars for DS which was supposed to be like a big pixelated 2D smash bros. fighter with Shonen Jump characters. I never got to play it, but they had it at my Best Buy for the longest time, in Japanese.
That .Hack fighter was on my wishlist, too, guys :X
let's all have a moment and eat some ice cream

hmmmm... What else...
Oh, the laughably bad Bleach Fighter on Wii, or as it should be called Waggle Blade
Jesus Christ wrote:Knuckles, I gave My life for you and I love you. Blessed are you, My child, because you have confessed of your wrongdoing. Go and sin no more.
SpiralPen

Return to Video Games