Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Re: Hunters report in! It's time for Monster Hunter general!

Postby Seven Rain » February 26th, 2013, 1:51 am

Whoo, beat Plessy with the Wii U Pro Controller. That's a good first step towards getting used to it.
Spoiler! :
One thing's for sure I'm more thankful than ever for this demo. Now I really need the practice so this controller doesn't fluster my jimbobs when the actual game comes out.

Hunterkirizaki wrote:
Spoiler! :
I'd love to get back into it, and I'm debating emulating Tri on Wii to play it more, but bleh.

Dooooo iiiiittt.

*EDIT*
It's too bad I don't have the dough to spring for both versions, MH3U is pretty damn nice on 3DS. Especially with that new Monster-centering option for the L Button. I've been getting a lot of use out of it on Wii U and on 3DS it almost negates the lack of a Right Analog Stick.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » February 26th, 2013, 10:54 am

BEAT PLESSY WITH THE DUAL BLADES HELL YEAH. I don't know what it was but today I was just on fire. I managed to stun him twice, two from the blades itself, one from my own trap, and one trap from Cha-Cha which I really wasn't expecting. Managed to beat him with about 5 minutes left, pretty happy. C:

Yeah there's a good chance Dual Blades will be my starter, I absolutely love 'em. I think for support I'll go Hunting Horn or Bowgun and attacking most likely Dual Blades or Long Sword. Can't wait until the 19th! I should really go reserve it soon.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » February 26th, 2013, 11:33 am

Afrohawkman wrote:I should really go reserve it soon.

If you go Gamestop you can get a digital strategy guide as a pre-order bonus.
Natch on the gameplay side we don't really need such a thing, but it could still have some decent info...
Spoiler! :
If it were a physical copy instead of digital it would even been useful just having the same info as the wiki and stuff, but aww well. Free stuff is free stuff.
Seven Rain

Postby Seven Rain » February 28th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Holy hell guys, huge news!
A patch coming in April will allow OFF-TV PLAY AND CROSS-REGION PLAY for MH3U!

So once this patch happens NA and EU homies can officially hunt together. :D
Lag could still be a problem, but at least the option is going to be there so we can at least give it a shot of any SJers end up getting the EU version.
Spoiler! :
And now I totally have to get used to the Wii U Pad sometime... At least it has the same stick layout as the Wii U Pro so I'll be adjusting to that aspect no matter which one I use at a given time.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » February 28th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Seven Rain wrote:Holy hell guys, huge news!

Holy YES! THIS IS INCREDIBLY EXCITING! Cross-Region is fantastic but OFF-TV PLAY!? HUZZAH! Monster Hunter WHEREVER THE FUCK I WANT TO within a certain range BABY.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » February 28th, 2013, 2:37 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:

Holy YES! THIS IS INCREDIBLY EXCITING! Cross-Region is fantastic but OFF-TV PLAY!? HUZZAH! Monster Hunter WHEREVER THE FUCK I WANT TO within a certain range BABY.

And now one can even play it on the toilet!
Spoiler! :
THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE PLACE TO BE PLAYING WHEN A SURPRISE DEVILJHO SHOWS UP.
Seven Rain

Postby Bowserknight » February 28th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Oh hey this means I might actually be getting this HD remake of a game I currently own
Maybe I'll trade in regular Tri for it

Anyway I played both demos and I hope they improve the 3DS version for MH4 because I couldn't kill easymode monster
and on the WiiU demo I realised How terrible Bowgun was for a solo playthrough
Bowserknight

Postby Seven Rain » February 28th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Bowserknight wrote:Oh hey this means I might actually be getting this HD remake of a game I currently own

Wait, what? This is more than a remake, homie. 3U has twice as many monsters and G Rank mode, which is a whole difficulty level above High Rank with unique equipment sets. Along with other content additions of course.
Spoiler! :
At first I thought you meant you imported 3G before I remembered that the 3DS is region-locked, but yeah, way more stuff in the new one.
Seven Rain

Postby ApaFox » February 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Bowserknight wrote:
Anyway I played both demos and I hope they improve the 3DS version for MH4 because I couldn't kill easymode monster
and on the WiiU demo I realised How terrible Bowgun was for a solo playthrough

Almost did it, just wasn't enough time. Another 10 minutes or so and I would have gotten him. I'll probably have a pro pad if we get 4 here.

Seven Rain wrote:
Spoiler! :
...3DS is region-locked, but yeah, way more stuff in the new one.

Don't remind me... ::sadface::
The Deviantart Image
Mr Aids wrote:Oh my god, don't listen to Seven, he obviously knows nothing about strategy.
JUST SPANK EVERYONE.
ApaFox

Postby Seven Rain » March 1st, 2013, 6:34 am

Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 1st, 2013, 10:30 am

If they seriously finish, I would somehow get them money just to applaud their efforts. That is a lot of friggin' text.
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 16th, 2013, 12:05 am

The only thing standing between us and those MOONSTAHS now is a weekend and one looooong Monday.
Here's something to help anyone grabbing MH3U get a bit more hyped; A nifty list that tallies up all the new content for anyone returning from Tri.
Spoiler! :
If you've been curious about some of the exact numbers regarding Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, today is your lucky day. Some of you might have thought this was just a port of Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), but it is actually much much more.

Just for reference, the Japenese title of MH3U is Monster Hunter 3G (or Tri G), and you know... when they add that "G" to the title, they mean business - that is, they don't hold back on content, so you can expect Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to be totally packed with stuff for you to see and do! Here's the breakdwon:

Starting with some of the most exciting aspects, there are a total of 73 different (both small and large) monsters, including all of the monsters from Monster Hunter Tri, most of the ones introduced in the Japan-only Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, and the fan favorite hip-checkin' Plesioth (and the Green Plesioth). On top of that, they added a couple of new subspecies and rare species and the brand new Brachydios!

So if the last MH game you've played was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (PSP), brace yourself because this game is pretty much all new content for you. If you've been playing Monster Hunter Tri, however, here's the list of new targets you can expect to hunt:

from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Anteka (small)
Bullfango (small)
Azure Rathalos (subspecies)
Silver Rathalos
Pink Rathian (subspecies)
Gold Rathian
Plesioth
Green Plesioth (subspecies)
Black Diablos
Nargacuga

from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Gargwa (small)
Slagtoth (small)
Wroggi (small)
Arzuros
Great Wroggi
Lagombi
Volvidon
Nibelsnarf
Duramboros
Zinogre
Crimson Qurupeco (subspecies)
Purple Ludroth (subspecies)
Jade Barroth (subspecies)
Baleful Gigginox (subspecies)
Sand Barioth (subspecies)
Steel Uragaan (subspecies)
Glacial Agnaktor (subspecies)
Green Nargacuga (subspecies)

new to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Brachydios
Rust Duramboros (subspecies)
Stygian Zinogre (subspecies)
Lucent Nargacuga (subspecies)
Ivory Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Abyssal Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Savage Deviljho (subspecies)
Hallowed Jhen Mohran (subspecies)
Goldbeard Ceadeus (subspecies)
... and a brand new final boss!

Whoa... that was a long list! Sounds like you're going to need some help. And that's why Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate not only features local (3DS) and online (Wii U) multiplayer, but it also adds one new A.I. shakalaka companion. If you liked Cha-Cha, then you're gonna like Kayamba too! And if you didn't like Cha-Cha, you have one more thing in common with Kayamba, since they are rivals... so in the end, you're gonna like 'em either way. =P

Anyways, you can customize both of them with various abilities, dances and a total of 18 masks that give them additional special abilities!

Now onto some other nitty-gritty numbers, there are...

211 new quests (being 63 from the Village High-rank, 136 from the Port Tanzia G-rank and 12 Arena quests). New total is 339, not event counting the free DLC quests!!!

2042 new pieces of equipment broken down as follows:
- 59 Great Swords, 83 Long Swords, 71 Sword & Shields, 122 Dual Blades, 73 Hammers, 99 Hunting Horns, 78 Lances, 108 Gunlances, 76 Switch Axex, 91 Heavy Bowguns, 96 Light Bowguns, 115 Bows; Total number of weapons is now 1398!
- 1028 new Armor pieces; Total number of amor pieces is now 1663!
Now the total number of equipment is 3061! Can you believe it?

And there are also 3 new areas: The Tower, Misty Peaks and the Tainted Sea

It's really a lot of content! So next time someone tells you this is just a port of MHTri, please prove them wrong with the stats above. I think by the time you get to the 15th new monster, they'll get the idea.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
THIS IS WHY.
WE.
HUNT.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 16th, 2013, 2:26 pm

Wow. That's...that's insanely impressive. I think this'll probably be one of those games I play for years man, I can't wait. I think I might even buy a mic just to have it for this. I figured I'd do it anyway but still.

Oh man, I cannot wait for this Tuesday. I'm probably going to get a few Monsters in before I go straight to online but I get the feeling I'm really going to enjoy it this time around. I remember when I first played Tri I wasn't the best at it and didn't really like playing online because I came in late but now that I'm hopping in right when it's starting up I'm hoping to feel right at home. I'll probably work more on grinding for monster parts as well; I didn't really know the value of actually stopping every now and then just to get armor and stuff but I get the feeling I will when I play this time. :D

IT'S GONNA BE SO HYPE!!
Afrohawkman

Postby Seven Rain » March 16th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Afrohawkman wrote:I think I might even buy a mic just to have it for this.

It'll support Wii U Pad voice chat.
Spoiler! :
Which I might even use every now and then if anyone really wants me to, but I'll usually stick with the keyboard.

And yeah, I'm gonna wait a bit before diving online. I don't want to fall behind my homies, but I also want to make sure I stock up on items, mats and money before going online. I'll have to find a good balance.
Seven Rain

Postby Afrohawkman » March 17th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Yeah the Gamepad's voice chat will probably be fine but I don't know about background noise, I'll have to see how it comes through. Certainly looking forward to it though.

Also been going around using more weapons in my spare time, Hammer's a lot of fun too. I feel like you can get pretty good combos going with using the R button whenever your standard combos are done. That's very useful and a lot of fun to use. HNNNNGH. I already have 3 weapons I really want to try out now, Dual Blades, Hammer, and Long Sword. Hunting Horn is also a lot of fun though I'm not as good with it as I am a Hammer. Then again, playing alone with a Hunting Horn isn't as awesome, but those buffs could really come in handy both Single Player and Multiplayer.

Ach. I don't know what to get when I first start! The anticipation is killing me! WHY IS IT NOT TUESDAY YET?!
Afrohawkman

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games